Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The zero interest in soccer thread.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I heard about the ludicrous display last night against spain while watching sky news this morning.

Laughed my ass off when i heard we were the first team to be kicked out the tournament that must not be named.

Maybe now we wont have to suffer that 'You'll never beat the Irish' song on the radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

Football / Soccer sucks balls :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There's only one thing worse than wall-to-wall soccer, and that's the 6 month wall-to-wall inquest that takes place when the Irish team gets sent home in disgrace after losing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Watched Ireland V Spain. First match I've watched in years.
    Back to being uninterested.

So is this an off topic thread in an off topic forum? Inception.

I just don't trust guys who arent into sport..

good christ you must be joking

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That post made me lol, especially the lowering estimation bit. Oh boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

to me having an interest in sport is part of the male pysche..

Just cause you don't like football doesn't mean you aren't into sport. I hate football and find it mind numbing to watch. Since I started reading the strength forum I've developed an interest in weightlifting

Seeing what this guy can do at the Olympics would be interesting:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I can understand men not watching sport but to have zero interest in watching your country play I don't understand that at all.. whatever about the sport its a nationalistic feeling to want your country to do well.. these men I view with deep suspicion..

Suspicion of what? You might as well have said:

"he wasn't interested in watching paint dry at all, thats fair enough but when he said he had no interest in watching green, white and gold paint dry either he went way down in my estimation.."

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rocketchick

bluewolf wrote: »
    good christ you must be joking

not that I don't trust them , I used the wrong words I meant I wouldn't feel comfortable going out with a guy who wasn't into sport .. and any sport not just football, I have friends who have no interest in sport doesn't affect my friendship with them
    as I said thats just me.. and I'm on my own on this.. the vast majority of women would prefer if men weren't into sport at all

• Advertisement

not that I don't trust them , I used the wrong words I meant I wouldn't feel comfortable going out with a guy who wasn't into sport .. and any sport not just football, I have friends who have no interest in sport doesn't affect my friendship with them
    as I said thats just me.. and I'm on my own on this.. the vast majority of women would prefer if men weren't into sport at all

you said deep suspicion, gone way down in your estimate, wouldn't tell your friend (as if it's some big secret)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I'm sorry that the team didn't do better, but also relieved I won't have to listen to any more about it. Or at least a lot less of it until the Euros are over.

My head was wrecked!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rocketchick

when she asked what i thought of him im not going to tell her that just because he isnt in to sport I find it a bit odd. because its nothing to do with how i feel, she likes him he seems like a nice guy and thats what i said
    its me who thinks its odd because i have been surrounded by sports fanatics all my life , I deleted the original post because the words I used were completely OTT, thats what I get from rushing a post, sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

At least Golfers are some bit articulate (Mcilroy verses Rooney) Golf doesn't involve stupid amounts of money (transfer deals and the like) and at least Golf doesn't inspire yob culture like football/soccer does. Can you imagine riots and rival supporters clashing at the US PGA?:rolleyes:

really ???

you are talking about golf are you not , ya know , the game where the top players all have private jets , super model wifes ( and girlfriends :D ) and last but not least mansions and super cars ?

so no money in that old golf lark really :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

For all the people sick of hearing the football talk, it's a million times worse for people who actually know what they're talking about having to listen to what Nora thinks about the Spanish midfield's flaws after she has watched them for the first time ever.

Bandwagon fans with opinions outweighing their actual knowledge of said event are the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

For all the people sick of hearing the football talk, it's a million times worse for people who actually know what they're talking about having to listen to what Nora thinks about the Spanish midfield's flaws after she has watched them for the first time ever.

Bandwagon fans with opinions outweighing their actual knowledge of said event are the worst.

I can believe this. I was walking behind a bunch of lads going out for their sandwiches at lunchtime yesterday and I actually knew more about football then they did. Amazing what you can pick up from the radio even when you're not actively listening to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

I like the bandwagon fans.
    Football is up at the moment but the floating bandwagoners have the olympics, GAA and back to the rugby to look forward to

Until "by the grace of god" Munster get beaten in the first round of the Heino!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Believe!
    CEE OOH WYY B I G

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Haroldinio

Rocketchick

I can understand this point of view, i think. Is it because football supporters have a real passion and drive for their team and non sporty people don't seem to exude the same passion for things that they enjoy and you see this as an odd thing? I Love this little country but shouting and screaming at the irish football team has the same feeling as shouting and screaming at the irish tiddlywinks team. I hope they do well tho:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Match suspended. Bet you none footballing fans are loving this.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

They probably prayed for rain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I did a rain dance earlier with extra vigour..

What's so great about twenty two grown men chasing a little orb around a field in short shorts?

irish-stew wrote: »
    Match suspended. Bet you none footballing fans are loving this.

:p

What match?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Haroldinio wrote: »
    What match?;)

Replay of Ireland and Spain. we will win this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Theres an awful smell of top ranked world of warcraft players on this thread ;-)

hondasam wrote: »
    Replay of Ireland and Spain. we will win this time.

Hopefully it'll go to penalties. They should skip the whole match entirely and do this. Save a lot of time and get the same results:)

I have no interest in most sport. The extreme sports channel makes good viewing though. Extreme Ironing - now there is a real sport.
    Wierdly I listen to Off The Ball on Newstalk when driving in the car. Dunno why but I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Theres an awful smell of top ranked world of warcraft players on this thread ;-)

All i smell are the tears of militant soccer fans, but thats just my side of the room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Season 5 of The Big Bang had just started last Thursday night and got me all excited again for 7pm last night, reminder on my phone went off and everything, when all of a sudden it's now postponed until sometime after the fúckball :mad: but did they announce this??? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

csi vegas wrote: »
    Season 5 of The Big Bang

What's this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

grindle wrote: »
    What's this?

A show abut geeks that's supposed to be funny, but I personally don't find it funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

A show abut geeks that's supposed to be funny, but I personally don't find it funny.

That's because you're only a theoretical physicist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Ah, thanks, 'The Big Bang Theory', didn't know the kids'd shortened it. Terrible show.
    I hate soccerfoot, but I'd watch it over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Sodding disabled embedding!

Advertisement