Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about the boot up of recently built pc

Options
  • 14-06-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

hi guys , i just built a new pc 2 weeks ago and i have a question about what it does during boot up .

when i press the power button it goes through the normal system info and motherboard info and then starts the windows loading where the 4 colours come together to form the window , but just as the colours come together the pc switches off for an instant and switches back on in the home screen (normal screen as if nothing happened ) and you can work away , just wondering is it normal for the pc to switch off for an instant during the loading of windows , or what is going on ????

sorry i know its poorly explained but i dont know how else to describe it ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

A black screen doesn't mean your computer is turning off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

:Dhaha i know that but the fact that the back lit keyboard and monitor switch to standby for a second and the computer beeps like it does starting up does , doesnt it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

:Dhaha i know that but the fact that the back lit keyboard and monitor switch to standby for a second and the computer beeps like it does starting up does , doesnt it ??

If it powered down, it would have to start from the beginning again. More likely the peripherals are temporarily disabled, and the screen always goes black before the Windows 7 login.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

the thing is it didnt do this for the first week and a half , i used the pc ???:confused:

Advertisement