Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom and Broadband advice needed

• 14-06-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I've recently installed a phone line with the view to getting broadband (my neighbours have it). Got connected last week and called eircom to be told my line doesnt qualify. I don't understand this and the girl on the phone couldn't explain either muttering possibilities about split lines or something - she just read what was on her screen. My neighbour is about 30 metres past my house and on the end of the exchange and they have it for the last three years. The line from my house to the pole is new so it cant be a problem. Is there anything I can do? Any advice anyone would recommend would be really appreciated.
    Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Could be a carrier line, they shouldve known that though...

Advertisement