Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expectation vs. Reality

• 14-06-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

This is quite relevant to me, so I thought I might ask you all! What were your expectations of the Junior Cert experience when compared to what it really was? Did you expect the exams to be harder/easier? Did you think you would be more/less nervous etc.?
    I think the whole experience is much more fun than I originally thought!! I have great fun with my friends during the long lunch breaks, and I was far less nervous than I thought!! I have been enjoying myself immensely, and dont regret doing anything :D;):p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnnaTorvFan

I thought it was a lot easier than what i thought it would be, i mean 3 years of no work in most subjects and i'm doing really well in the exams. :D That being said i'll probably come out with a load of C's and D's. Oh well :L Maths paper 1 was quite a shock though.

I really love the breaks. Especially if i leave an exam earlier. like irish, i left pretty much 5 minutes after the tape ( i did most of the paper in the breaks since im in pass its easy) so yeah :D and our examiner normally gives us our papers 5-10 minutes early so we have extra time if needed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I thought it was a lot easier than what i thought it would be, i mean 3 years of no work in most subjects and i'm doing really well in the exams. :D That being said i'll probably come out with a load of C's and D's. Oh well :L Maths paper 1 was quite a shock though.

I really love the breaks. Especially if i leave an exam earlier. like irish, i left pretty much 5 minutes after the tape ( i did most of the paper in the breaks since im in pass its easy) so yeah :D and our examiner normally gives us our papers 5-10 minutes early so we have extra time if needed :D
    Same as me really, and I think both of maths papers were a horrible shock!! :mad: But everything else seemed to be much easier!! :cool:

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Same as me really, and I think both of maths papers were a horrible shock!! :mad: But everything else seemed to be much easier!! :cool:
    TBH, the only thing that i found a bitch on match was the whore who stopped in greystones for a sneaky shift, the electricity question, paper 1 question 6, and that ****ed up drinking glass. I mean honestly, a glass with a hemispherical insert ? i dont even know.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IceCreamGirl

the best i could probably get is 5A's 3B's

you only have to do 8?
    #JEALOUS

• Advertisement

you only have to do 8?
    #JEALOUS

Me too!! 11 here and lucky to get one A!!

That would be amazing!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Hannah_2012

Expected it to be harder but it was easy. Wasn't that nervous at all. Think I have done grand,:D

Me too!! 11 here and lucky to get one A!!
    i have to do 12. FML >.<
    my only a will probably english, maybe geogrpahy and business if the markign is nice. :D

i have to do 12. FML >.<
    my only a will probably english, maybe geogrpahy and business if the markign is nice. :D

Yeah CSPE for me with a nice marking haha!!

• Advertisement

Yeah CSPE for me with a nice marking haha!!
    lol i didnt do my action project as i was sick so i wrote **** all in my booklet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blobcat

Honestly it was fine. It flew past. Can't believe I've already completed my JC! Done! Gone! Forever! Now for summer, TY and summer again!

The exams were sooo much easier than I expected them to be. Nothing went spectacularly wrong. In fact I did quite well. Note to second years- stop stressing! The JC is simple!

tbh i feel like the stupid one cause im only doing 8 subjects xD
    btw does anyone have an predictions for home ec? :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Maths for a complete shock but happy with the rest. Don't think I failed anything so I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

To be honest I have been worrying about these exams all year and I can honestly say I NEVER imagined myself doing them! Im not a messer or atin I just didnt imagine my self doing the exams I could never get the image into my head! But hey, finished tomorrow!! :D

I thought id be a nervous wreck but I was so calm going into every exam!

To be honest I have been worrying about these exams all year and I can honestly say I NEVER imagined myself doing them! Im not a messer or atin I just didnt imagine my self doing the exams I could never get the image into my head! But hey, finished tomorrow!! :D

I thought id be a nervous wreck but I was so calm going into every exam!

youre finished tomorrow as well? *high 5* xD
    german or home ec? :L

youre finished tomorrow as well? *high 5* xD
    german or home ec? :L

Home Ec thank god! And Nope I have no predictions ;) :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

The JC is much less important than teachers,parents and the media make it out to be.

Home Ec thank god! And Nope I have no predictions ;) :P

can you tell me what topics you studied please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

I though it was going to be really formal sorta look left or right your exam gets cancelled but it wasn't.
    After I wrote my first answer in English it just felt like summer exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭graeme157

Can't believe how easy it was. Only HL Maths was any bit difficult. Much easier than the mocks. Why do they hype it up so much? It was the same as a typical summer/christmas exam period, only I could leave when I want, got a number of days off inbetween exams, and had dead long breaks. Advice to my brother when he does it in a few years will be it's piss easy and means sweet f**k all! :D

paddyzk wrote: »
    I though it was going to be really formal sorta look left or right your exam gets cancelled but it wasn't.
    After I wrote my first answer in English it just felt like summer exams.

I was the exact same, I thought if I glanced at someone beside me (I never cheated and I won't), I thought my exam would be taken off me...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

Honestly? A lot better than I thought it would go. My experience of exams so far is a half hour break in between them, and 3 on each day. By the end you'd be wrecked.

This wasn't half as bad! Always got at least one hour break, so I could go home, maybe have a shower, watch some TV or revise the next test.

Maths paper two was a shock, as was English and Irish p2. I did well on the first paper of them, but awful on the second.

The only one I was really upset with was my English. It's always been my best subject, and with the second paper I think I brought down my sure A from the first paper. I got a 89 in my mocks, and I wanted to improve on that. Don't think that's happened. Delighted with maths though, as I did so badly in the mocks because I totally freaked and forgot how to do algebra. This time I remembered and I might've got a B... I don't know, a lot of guesswork on paper 2 for me, even though it's my better one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

All the teachers were making the Junior Cert out to be a huge scary thing, but it was grand to be honest. I put my full effort into every subject so I'm really happy with myself. Now the waiting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

I knew since the start of third year that its much to overrated, and I stood by that all the way up to the exams. I can safely say not once did I get nervous about the exams. They really are overrated because I did minimal work throughout the three years, and I have to say that unfortunately I'm a bit of a messer because I've been kicked out of french and geography since the start of third year but yet my losest grade in the JC is probably a B, possibly one or two C's.

Finished today and already sold some of my books! :D

where do you sell your books?

where do you sell your books?

First/second years you know may need them. Local charity shops take them I think and some schools let you sell it closer to September, I know mine do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bballgirl

I was dreading the junior all through third year. Seems very pointless now that its nearly done. I think everyone made a way bigger fuss than needed, the junior certs nothing!:D Loads of 4th yrs told me that but I didnt believe them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

I agree that a much bigger fuss was made than needed to be! It's overrated, really. I did a fair amount of study but I found in most cases that common sense and what I learnt in classes and from homework got me through it. Maths Paper 2 and Irish Paper 2 were the only really dreadful ones for me.

Advertisement