Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on these

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Spend a bit more and get a better case like the Bitfenix merc.
    Depending on what you're using it for, you could drop down to a pentium or celeron and just save the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Eboggles wrote: »
    Spend a bit more and get a better case like the Bitfenix merc.
    Depending on what you're using it for, you could drop down to a pentium or celeron and just save the rest.

Thanks for the advice. I would be using it for general home use, assignments, movies etc. as well as some light gaming and flight simming but im only looking for them to run smoothly not brilliantly. Do you still think it'd be ok to drop down or should I keep the i3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Have a look at some reviews (anandtech bench, techpowerup) and judge for yourself, but I'd say a Celeron would be ok. Crazy chip for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Best celeron to go for is the G530. It's a dual core, 2.4GHz - and quite an efficient, powerful, 2.4GHz relative to old generations. Good value for money. I wouldn't be sure about flight sims, I'd imagine they'd depend more heavily on the graphics card.

Advertisement