Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Business School

Options
  • 14-06-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Thinking about applying to DBS but I am not sure what the school i like or what the credentials are like. Anyone go there or thinking the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ch1986

Hello

I am a student in DBS. what reasons do you want to apply in DBS for?.If you have got the possibility to choose a public university it would be better for you. however, If you are an international students DBS might offer you cheaper courses.

DBS is also interesting as it offers the possibility to finish your degrees in only 3 years while it is 4 years in others colleges. In public, you might have the possility for a student exchange and going abroad. It is not the case in DBS. Going one semester abroad is a very interesting and a big plus to put on your CV.

Concerning classes and lectures: classes are only 15 hours per week (18 in 1st year). lot of theory concentrate in a short-time, and very general stuff are thaught. that is also a big diference with public universities where there are more classes and more option availible for students.

The lectures rooms are not full, lectures are not academics or researchers and follow usually textbooks but very helpful in case of question and usually follow you in your study.

Exams are not very hard if you allow yourself sufficient time to come to lecture and to revise. I know less people who failed than people who studied hard and got good results. However, as you are in DBS you may consider than getting less than 60% can be seen as a failed as most of exams questions topics are given before the exams by lecturers. (not all modules)

Concerning the value of the degree, I can't tell you anything about that as I have not been in the labour market yet. But, I trully belive that the college does not make big diferences. A company does not Hire your degree, but yourself, so if you are more convincing than a first honour degree from Trinity , a good HR will choose you. and if you think not to get a job is your degree's fault, you will be free to study a Master in another Uni after your degree which makes degree+Master in only 4 years.

Finally, I also wish to have some testimonials from previous DBS students about getting jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Ch1986 wrote: »

Exams are not very hard if you allow yourself sufficient time to come to lecture and to revise. I know less people who failed than people who studied hard and got good results. However, as you are in DBS you may consider than getting less than 60% can be seen as a failed as most of exams questions topics are given before the exams by lecturers. (not all modules)

I can assure you that this is far from unknown at the 'public' universities either.

Advertisement