Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

small print in marriage certificate

• 14-06-2012 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Don't remember seeing all these farming chores in the small print of my marriage certificate???:P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Saw in your first thread that you mentioned you married Mr right, is his first name Always? :-))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

For better or worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

Would this not be better moved to Legal Discussion ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

till death do us part, is the get out clause seemly

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mrs Farmer

will have to be the....till death do us part, as he'll never agree to "sharing" half the farm. No worries, I still think he's Mr Right.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Go away, you only love doing all those 'farming chores' ;)

And proud of it at that.... calling yourself 'Mrs. Farmer' kinda gives it away :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

why any girl would want to marry a full time farmer is beyond me :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Mrs Farmer, my oh was a townie before we bought our home and land a few years ago. She loves her ducks and hens. SO what im sayinf is set up a mini enterprise like a few hens and ducks and have something you enjoy also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

why any girl would want to marry a full time farmer is beyond me :confused:
    Id say my mother had a pretty good life married to a full time farmer . I think a woman would want to be fairly laid back to enjoy the life though .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Mrs Farmer, my oh was a townie before we bought our home and land a few years ago. She loves her ducks and hens. SO what im sayinf is set up a mini enterprise like a few hens and ducks and have something you enjoy also.

Just a tad patronising and old fashioned Iakill :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

Muckit wrote: »
    Just a tad patronising and old fashioned Iakill :rolleyes:

I don't understand. There are plenty of farmers wives who set up mini-enterprises to generate extra income for the farm.

It's not unknown for the "mini-enterprise" to even become the better income earner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

There is no small print it is all in big white letters on the back of the certificate

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wetfish

There is no small print it is all in big white letters on the back of the certificate

I would say you got the 'altered' photocopied one then. :D:D

Mr Right's mother spoiled him, and he can't even boil an egg. I know if I ask him to do something, he does it badly, knowing I'll be impatient and won't ask him to do it again next time.

Question to you young male farmers out there? If you still live at home with the parents, does your Mum (not meaning to be sexist, but I doubt the Dad does the washing/cleaning) still clean your bedroom & do your washing? I'm talking to you lads in the 20s age group.

Yes, Mrs Farmer loves being married to her Farmer, but she works outside the home as well as on the farm and in the home. Multi-tasking at its best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

Mrs Farmer wrote: »
    Mr Right's mother spoiled him, and he can't even boil an egg. I know if I ask him to do something, he does it badly, knowing I'll be impatient and won't ask him to do it again next time.

i thought i had it narrowed down but you pretty much just named everyone i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

bit like here, i get up and milk cows etc... up til recently would get back into house for everyone to be still in bed at 8.30am... so i went mad, now kids are dressed, have breakfast and are ready for school at 8.30:D lay down the law! editing to say roles are reversed here husband is not a farmer, he can now fill and empty the dishwasher

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭grumpyfarmer

That sounds normal enough to me... ;) and i'm sure my OH would agree too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

As the beautiful bride enters the church, her head bowed, she first gets a glimpse of the "aisle", carrying on, she then sees the "alter", further on up the church she goes and then sees "you",
    and so the law is laid
    Aisle alter you....:D

one of B. graces... i thnk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭razor8

As the beautiful bride enters the church, her head bowed, she first gets a glimpse of the "aisle", carrying on, she then sees the "alter", further on up the church she goes and then sees "you",
    and so the law is laid
    Aisle alter you....:D

one of B. graces... i thnk

get ur coat!

hard to beat B. Grace.
    frustrating trying to farm these days with all the rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

What is this marriage thing you speak of :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭20silkcut

hard to beat B. Grace.
    frustrating trying to farm these days with all the rain.

it is but it would be worse without it.

Advertisement