Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do i report neighbour threatning to gut my cat?

• 14-06-2012 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

hi guys

I was going to put this in P.I but as we are all pet lovers/owners here you might be able to give me more advice in regards to what i should do here

As per my last thread ive been keeping my netured male cat inside last few days as hes being attacked by a wild cat.

The wild cat is black and white same as ours and i know the difference between them as most owners would.

Anyway tonight for the ireland and spain match my hubby invited his mates over for it- our cat was asleep in sitting room the whole time, hes been in all day as its been stormy here the last 12/13 hours.

About 9.15 the people who live across the road came over and started hammering on my door. They claimed about 9pm tonight my cat jumped in their open window and "attacked" their daughter.

Now my cats been in all day- and i went in and took my cat out of his bed and showed them that he was inside. They started yelling that i was lying and They stormed off and then yelled out "Next time hes outside ill f***ing gut the little rat"

Now these guys are scumbags and i wouldnt put it past them to hurt my cat. I live in a pretty rough estate and always kept to myself. I have proof that our cat was in all night as one of the guys is camera mad and was takn pics of the reactions of us during the match and ive 3 photos with time stamps on them that prove my cat was inside at the time of the apparant attack.i maintian it was the wild cat as he looks like ours

I doubt the police would be in anyway interested - and i dont know if i can report it to anyone- it could just be an empty threat but what if its not?
    any advice appriacted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I would report them for threatening behaviour. And put the authorities on notice about their threat to kill your pet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

It is also possible to turn an indoor outdoor cat into an indoor only cat.
    It may take some time for your cat to settle down and get use to it but it can be done in many cases.
    Would you consider doing that.
    There is lots of information online about the indoor outdoor argument and there is also information on how to get a cat use to being indoors because it is difficult in the beginning.
    http://cats.about.com/cs/catmanagement101/a/indooroutdoor.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Yep definitely report them and let them know you have as it might make them think twice. Ridiculous anyway, a cat wouldn't just climb in a window and attack a child. They sound nuts!

lubie76 wrote: »
    Yep definitely report them and let them know you have as it might make them think twice. Ridiculous anyway, a cat wouldn't just climb in a window and attack a child. They sound nuts!
    Cats will climb in an open window to look for food but it would be unusual in the extreme for a cat to attack unprovoked as they prefer to just run away.
    I would complain to your community warden or gardai about their threatening behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Personally I wouldn't report it. The guards or council won't care and won't do anything about it. You will just draw trouble from neighbours for taking that route. I would sooner call over to them and tell them that you feel awful that they think your cat was the culprit and show them the pics.

• Advertisement
Advertisement