Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand bike

Options
  • 14-06-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi All. A friend has recently moved to Charlesland and is trying to source a second-hand bike to get up and down to Greystones quicker. Its only for the summer so she doesnt want to spend too much.

Does anyone have any ideas of where she could pick one up? I've had a look on adverts, buyandsell and donedeal but almost everything on there are for kids or are really expensive sports bikes.

Any/All help very much appreciated, either via PM or on this thread, open to all offers and ideas. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Have a look in the sports shop in Tesco Greystones, they sometimes have secondhand bikes there

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

Or maybe ask in the Freecycle thread? (Heh,heh, pun intended)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the small bike shop in the Meridian centre says "trade-ins, recycling" on their sign

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jaygile

picked one up a decent second hand one for €100 some time ago in stillorgan cycles

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jaygile

have you tried gumtree btw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭wandererz

Depends how much she wants to spend and if still looking for one.

Wife has one she bought last year and only used twice. Looking for about 100 for it if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭aev

Still available Wandererz? Got a pic or pic of one similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 grace143

eleMental wrote: »
    Hi All. A friend has recently moved to Charlesland and is trying to source a second-hand bike to get up and down to Greystones quicker. Its only for the summer so she doesnt want to spend too much.

Does anyone have any ideas of where she could pick one up? I've had a look on adverts, buyandsell and donedeal but almost everything on there are for kids or are really expensive sports bikes.

Any/All help very much appreciated, either via PM or on this thread, open to all offers and ideas. :)

Pop into the Happy Pear in Greystones - they have collected a huge amount of bikes for a bike project that never got off the ground and they probably would be delighted to give you one for Free.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jethropool

I have a bike that I'm not using. Bought it new last year. Front tyre is punctured and the chain's a little rusty but still in working order. Anyone who wants it can have it for nowt. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

PM sent:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement