Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch to Electric Ireland (EL) or Airtricity?

Options
  • 14-06-2012 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭

I was just checking Bonkers their for someone who wants to change their Electricity provider, he is currently with Bord Gais.

One of Airtricitys (many:eek:) Tariffs has double the expected annual savings of the Nearest EL one.

How is Airtricity to deal with now? A search has lots of negative comments about them. If someone was to sign up on a 2 year contract, online only-->Direct Debit, Paperless Billing, are they looking for trouble??

If you sign up to Bonkers, can you then switch providers through their site?

*Mod* this looked like best place to ask this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

How is Airtricity to deal with now? A search has lots of negative comments about them.

just answered your own question

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Service providers are hit and miss and you'll often hear many horror stories about them, for example in my experience,

Some people hate UPC support, however I've never had a problem,

Some people hate Three support, again I've always got my issues resolved by them

Some people like Meteor support, I've never had any luck getting stuff properly dealt with them

Some people think Sky is great support wise, I on the other hand have found them useless at every turn

In my own experience its all very much hit and miss and often alot of the time it can depend on either the customer taking stuff up wrong, not reading T&C's or not properly explaining an issue

Advertisement