Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanilla Coca Cola

Options
  • 14-06-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Absolutely love the stuff!
    Anyone know where it can be found?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I heard of some place in Galway selling it, I can't remember the name of the shop. I've never been to Galway and couldn't say what part of Galway the shop is in, sorry, hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along to help soon.

I haven't seen the stuff for years, any time I am in Dublin I look for it and can never find it.

I have heard that putting a drop of vanilla essence/extract into actual coke has the same effect, but I've never tried it so can't say if it works or not, sorry.

EDIT:

Just found this, can't remember if Candyland is the shop I have seen recommended on here before though. Hopefully they might have it OP, no harm to ring and check.

http://www.facebook.com/CandylandGalway

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have heard that putting a drop of vanilla essence/extract into actual coke has the same effect, but I've never tried it so can't say if it works or not, sorry.
    make sure it is the proper expensive extract, not the fake tasting cheap essence.

This is the proper one you typically get here
    vanilla_extract.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

rubadub wrote: »
    make sure it is the proper expensive extract, not the fake tasting cheap essence.

That's the good stuff alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Thanks so, so much for all your help guys! I'll definitely be trying that vanilla extract tip! :)

A friend of mine bought me some about a fortnight ago in Temple Bar, I've no idea what shop it was though.

http://thefoodielist.co.uk/wp/wp-content/vanilla_extract.png
    That's the stuff alright, have to get some today actually, thanks for reminding me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

Thanks so, so much for all your help guys! I'll definitely be trying that vanilla extract tip! :)

A friend of mine bought me some about a fortnight ago in Temple Bar, I've no idea what shop it was though.

There's a shop in Temple Bar - just beside the Central Bank called Happy Pills that sells lots of American sweets and 'retro' sweets. Might be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I was out in America last year, where vanilla Coke is readily available. But in a few restaurants they filled about an inch of the glass with the extract then topped it up with coke and it was sooooooooooooo much nicer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

Not much use to you in Monaghan but Truly Scrumptious in Wicklow town and Maxol in Blessington have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

They're selling this in the Daybreak corner shop in Emmett Street in Ballina :D

http://thefoodielist.co.uk/wp/wp-content/vanilla_extract.png

I tried this trick with the vanilla extract and coke and have to say it is perfect, absolutely spot on.

For a small glass of coke, I use one teaspoon of vanilla extract and for a large glass I use one tablespoon.

Delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

You'll often stumble upon it in discount shops and euro shops. I'll definitely be trying the vanilla extract trick though, sounds lovely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

candy lab (happy pills) is a bright pink shop right beside the central bank , do sell it at €1.50 ,

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

I loved Vanilla Coke when it was out. Then it disappeared. Cherry Coke was fab as well. Wish they'd bring them both back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I adore vanilla coke

+1 for the vanilla extract tip, works lovely :)
    I've also bought it from the Candyland webiste, they do good deals on it and postage is very cheap and quick in Ireland.
    You can also get it from americanfood.ie
    It's becoming a lot more available these days thankfully- a lot of the old fashioned sweet shops stock it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Not much use to you if you're in Monaghan but the poundshop next to Dunnes in Maynooth started selling it during the week. And then promptly ran out after a day, but I reckon they'll be getting more in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Phoole wrote: »
    I loved Vanilla Coke when it was out. Then it disappeared. Cherry Coke was fab as well. Wish they'd bring them both back.

They still sell cherry coke and it not that hard to find
    I heard a lot of people say they sell it in most boots I think it's imported from the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

bpb101 wrote: »
    They still sell cherry coke and it not that hard to find
    I heard a lot of people say they sell it in most boots I think it's imported from the uk

Yeah you can find it in most pound shops too for some reason.

Advertisement