Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you be immortal

• 14-06-2012 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

With all the Hollywood vampire hype and how being immortal seems to make you instantly sexy, strong, fit, healthy and just downright pefect....would you choose it.

I don't think I would, I couldn't imagine putting in an eternity on this world, but then again, if I was perfect and could dodge death, grow back body parts and survive without food, be happy and travel all over the world knowing no matter what happens I'd be ok, it might make me think twice.

So, would you choose it, immortality, not being a vampire.

If immortality brought a few special powers with it, what would you choose.

I'd pick mind reading and flying.

PS..did a search and didn't find a similar thread...only one debating weather you actually thought you were immortal 5 months ago in AH and some other ones years older.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We are made from the dust of the stars and that's what we will return to.
    So in a way, we are immortal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I'd rather be innortan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

shuridunno wrote: »

If immortality brought a few special powers with it, what would you choose.

Having the ability to see through clothes...sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Immortality is easy depending on how many mushrooms you find.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

No. I wouldn't mind a longer lifespan of a few hundred years though. That'd be dandy :cool:

• Advertisement

You mortals are always jealous. Immortality is not as glamorous as it sounds. However when you are a god it is...... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Would be cool. When humans invent a spaceship, travel around the solar system, see can you travel back in time, travel some more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

If it comes with an "End Immortality Now" option then sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

If I could choose when to die then id probably do it. Like if I got bored after a thousand years or something and I could choose to die then it'd be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

Domo230 wrote: »
    Hell no

nothing worse than spending millions of years floating in space all alone once the earth had been destroyed.

There's have to be some way to end it I suppose. Vampires can fry in the sun, unless you're making a sequel and then you just glow with diamond skin like those yokes in Twilight.

Maybe a secret off button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We're only immortal for a limited time......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

I found it a lot more boring before i discovered the after hours forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

I found it a lot more boring before i discovered the after hours forum...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Do we get to go out fighting with swords every 100 years like those lads in the Highlander, that would be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Immortal doesn't necessarily mean invulnerable. Not dying/growing old naturally but still being able to die is a far more relatively realistic and pragmatic question to ask. I would opt in at the drop of a hat. Very few people are going to do themselves or the world a favor by dying if they didn't need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

There are a few people I've met in my lifetime that I have an issue just forgetting them after what is now....(what seems a lifetime now).... I'd need Faithess and Insomnia blasting my ears just to keep me conscious. To answer your question, No! I wouldn't like to be immortal. BTW, being immortal and spending each minute, hour, day, week, year remembering who I loved and lost? nah! I'd sooner spend a lifetime regretting than an eternity wondering...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

yes just so I can see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

There are a few people I've met in my lifetime that I have an issue just forgetting them after what is now....(what seems a lifetime now).... I'd need Faithess and Insomnia blasting my ears just to keep me conscious. To answer your question, No! I wouldn't like to be immortal. BTW, being immortal and spending each minute, hour, day, week, year remembering who I loved and lost? nah! I'd sooner spend a lifetime regretting than an eternity wondering...

Don't worry you'd be suffering some serious dementia after the first hundred years or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Shryke wrote: »
    Don't worry you'd be suffering some serious dementia after the first hundred years or so.

Not where I come from :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Domo230 wrote: »
    nothing worse than spending millions of years floating in space all alone once the earth had been destroyed.
    LONG JAUNT DAD! LONGER THAN YOU THINK!

But yeah I'd do it. I could spend half eternity just figuring out the basics. After that the rest would be gravy. I think the fear of immortality comes form Americans who see paradise as being retirement, rather than learning more and more all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

cruiser178 wrote: »
    Do we get to go out fighting with swords every 100 years like those lads in the Highlander, that would be cool.

Shur why not, it's be good to catch up ever now and then..

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

i wouldn't mind being a lesbian vampire for a while:D

Advertisement