Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who do we support now?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

the team that plays the best football...that rules out england.
    spain, germany or russia,
    interesting to see how well france do from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

For footballing reasons I'd like Germany to do it, for financial reasons, a Spain/Italy final would be fantastic for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've a couple of €'s on France so my wallet wants them to win it but other then that I'm not pushed, just going to watch all the games and enjoy it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'd kind of like to see Shevchenko win an international medal. Otherwise Germany are the best side to watch and would be a worthy winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd like to see Germany win it as they're very good to watch.
    Next up would be France as Ben Arfa and Cabaye are both in the team who are Newcastle players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

England.

Then Holland, if possible.

Failing that, somebody outside the usual suspects would be nice but looking forward to enjoying the games whatever happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

irish-stew wrote: »
    Heart - England
    Wallet - Holland
    Much as I'd like to see England doing well , I think your going to have an empty wallet and a broken heart at the end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Poland and the gf is Polish and I love the country. For financial and footballing reasons, Germany.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Anyone but England! Wouldn't mind Russia in fact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

anyone but Portugal, wouldn't mind seeing Croatia win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Backing Greece myself. An easy win v Russia in the final game and then they can finally get the show back on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Poland & Spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

England for me - would love to see Hodgson prove the press wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Anyone but Spain, Portugal or England.
    I'm sick of Spain, hate England (well, their footie team) and definitely don't want to see Ronaldo lift it.

Would like to see Poland do it, but realisticly Germany or Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Spain - the perennial tournament under-achievers. Hopefully they can fulfill their potential and win Euro 2012

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Spain - the perennial tournament under-achievers. Hopefully they can fulfill their potential and win Euro 2012

Yes, they always raise their game when they play top teams like Ireland , but how are they against the lesser nations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Spain for me, hope after beating us they go on to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Spain

just so we can celebrate in style down here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Germany every time.. they play great fuzbal! Also, I really like their players, especially Neuer, absolute beast of a man!
    Felt really bad for Bayern when they lost the final too.. and they basically make up the German team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Croatia.

Massively underrated side with a massively underrated manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Bilic got away with it yesterday I thought. Knew Italy were going to play like that but still allowed them to do so for an entire half - so he was quite fortunate that Italy didn't manage to grab a second (and they certainly had the chances to do so). He fixed his mistake in the second half but should have realised this a lot sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

germany. i see they have their green away jersey, don't know if they will get to wear it. then if they get knocked out, france and england

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Spain, watched a fair bit of La Liga throughout the season, I love tiki-taka and really hope they go on to become the first team to win 3 majors in a row. I also have a special love for Xavi, I've never seen anyone do what he does so effectively, he's the heartbeat of Spain, everything goes through him and he sets the tempo.

Aside from them I generally like to support the host nations, especially if they're the underdogs. I said both of them would get out of their group at the start and I still think both of them will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Germany cos I backed them ages ago.

Wouldn't mind seeing France do well either mainly because of the two (possibly three if Debuchy does indeed sign for) Newcastle lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Eh? Didn't they win the World Cup and the last Euro's??? Under achievers my bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Was this thread started just as a thinly veiled brag from op that he's banging a Ukrainian chick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Italy......because I support AC Milan so might as well support their national team.
    Second Croatia because when i was in Split a bus driver took out his money box and left a packed bus parked up and walked two hundred yards down the road to show me directions I asked him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Zee Germans.

Simply because I picked them out a few months ago and highlighted them as winners and I'd like to be able to say I told you so to the lads :P

Also, they have a savage away jersey, so we could hope that they come up against Greece or Poland or someone that has white on their jersey (Croatia maybe) and they get to wear it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Croatia, because I have them in the sweepstakes at work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Croatia, because I have them in the sweepstakes at work.

I was lucky to get Spain in same, but don't mind them losing in the final - will still get 60 euro back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Ireland are out, so we don't support anyone. Just sit back and enjoy the matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sweden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'll be wearing my Italy jersey from here on in.

More out of a combination of spite towards Ireland's putridness in the tournament, and just to rile a few lads in the local during their final group game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

i wont be supporting anybody ireland are my country and my country are out.
    with that in mind ill more than likely have a few bets so i'll obviously be hoping my betting preferences win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Russia,

Because
    9GHKU.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Germany because i have money on them to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

England were the team I always supported in WC and Euro as the team I support is in England and also as it is the team with most ManUtd players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Spain and France

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I won't be supporting anybody now that we are out, but I'd like to see Germany win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    England were the team I always supported in WC and Euro as the team I support is in England and also as it is the team with most ManUtd players.

Ireland have more chance of winning than England have. Here's the scenario: What with the latest problems with Lance Armstrong, his Tour de France titles in jeopardy, and the proximity of Spain to France, then all Spanish athletes must come under scrutiny. The result is Spain are kicked out and because of the Thierry Henri incident, the penalty not given against Croatia and the ref knocking one of our players over and not even getting a yellow card, never mind sending himself off, UEFA decide to allow us back in. We then go on to win, beating Germany 7 - 0 in the final, finishing with 8 men, and playing the last 38 minutes without a recognised goalkeeper. Far-fetched? Yes. Crazy? Yes. Almost impossible? Yes, but that still makes it more likely than England winning. Don't forget too that Denmark won it in 1992, without even qualifying for the finals. Come on Ireland!!!! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I hope France and England do well because I used to live there but I've a fiver on Sweden for the overall so I hope one of them goes out also :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd like to see England do well. After that Poland and the Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

i dont want anyone winning it playing the way chelsea won the champions league, england are going to try going down that route so obviously i dont want them winning, russia,germany,spain, italy, france all play attractive attacking football so id like one of them to win it

Advertisement