Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to the Internet with a usb modem

Options
  • 14-06-2012 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I've an o2 usb modem for my laptop was wondering how or can i use it to connect my ps3 to the internet?

I've done the part about going into network settings and allowing other computers to connect through my laptop but it still doesn't work, it says the search for the ip address has timed out.

I think i saw somewhere where u can enter in the ip address yourself but i don't know how.

Any help??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

This'll sound dense, but can't you just connect your laptop to your PS3 via an ethernet cable and then just connect to the net from your laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    This'll sound dense, but can't you just connect your laptop to your PS3 via an ethernet cable and then just connect to the net from your laptop?

That's what he of trying to do I think.

OP turn off your antivirus/firewall on your laptop temporarily and try it again.

Ed

Advertisement