Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was 35 minutes late to my exam this morning...

• 15-06-2012 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I slept it out for Business and I took the HL paper, arrived at 10.05, the superviser point blank refused to allow me extra time at the end and when I continued to demand that he would he threatened not to let me sit the exam. I sat the exam and it went very well but should I have being allowed the time at the end>?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I slept it out for Business and I took the HL paper, arrived at 10.05, the superviser point blank refused to allow me extra time at the end and when I continued to demand that he would he threatened not to let me sit the exam. I sat the exam and it went very well but should I have being allowed the time at the end>?
    No!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

You're lucky to have sat the paper at all. You're not supposed to be admitted into the centre after 30 minutes of an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 music888

No!! It's up to you to get to the exam on time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Arra would yis all have some sympathy. Hard luck OP, the superintendents have to follow guidelines and if they don't they'll be removed from their jobs. Hope ya did well regardless :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

No, you should've went to bed earlier the night before and bought a better alarm clock!!! As said already, you were lucky to be let sit the exam at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

charming - the supervisor actually shouldn't have let you in AT ALL and when he/she goes bends the rules to faciliate you, you "continue to demand" ... i know what i would have done at that stage ! :mad:

count yourself damm lucky you sat it at all! do you even realise that supervisor put their job at risk to facilate you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

No other students would be entitled to complain , and he/she would lose his/her job over it.

At least you had a shot at it! unlucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Jesus, harsh much?
    Ive almost been late a few times, stress and sleeplessness gets to you.
    Unfortunately they were right. But at least it went well regardless. :)

I swear, some people treat this Leaving Cert business like the freakin hunger games!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

biohaiid wrote: »
    Jesus, harsh much?
    Ive almost been late a few times, stress and sleeplessness gets to you.
    Unfortunately they were right. But at least it went well regardless. :)

I swear, some people treat this Leaving Cert business like the freakin hunger games!

Well if he's going to Uni next year, there's not a chance he'd be allowed in that late, he'd have to pay for the pleasure to sit the exam again in August, and would probably be capped at a C3 for having to repeat, thus messing up his QCA for the year, he's very lucky he got to sit the exam at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭flatbackfour

I want people reading this to see the extent of the type of sh1t teachers have to put up with. Your lucky if I were supervising the exam I would have shown you the door. I'm glad you did well though.

"And when I continued to demand". Son, you were in no position to make demands 35 minutes after the start of a state exam.

I really have heard it all now.

Did you not sit the LC in2007?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ah, we meet again, selfobsessed!

Regardless of the genuineness of this thread, the question has been more than adequately answered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement