Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Enigma625

Oh yeah Terenure, Michaels, Rock and Clongowes are clearly miles ahead of everyone and close together.:rolleyes:

If it means anything, ive got marys as the strongest of the chasing pack :o. Just my opinion. I would love to see an upset from marys though, just so long as its not against my alma mater :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12 the shocker

anyone tell me who roscrea have in the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 12 the shocker

so who is it most likely to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cup13

so who is it most likely to be?
    My guess wesley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

what are the schools training programmes like over this break ?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭TheTalk

Who's better Sebastian Fromm or Harrison Brewer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Enigma625 wrote: »
    If it means anything, ive got marys as the strongest of the chasing pack :o. Just my opinion. I would love to see an upset from marys though, just so long as its not against my alma mater :P

Just saying for everyone even on results you can't say those 4 are miles ahead.

Just saying for everyone even on results you can't say those 4 are miles ahead.

Actually so long as I make it clear that I'm giving my opinion, I can say whatever I want to say here. Rather than only paying attention to results, I'm concerned with the performances put out by the teams and by the individuals, as well as with provincial representation, depth of squad etc. of course ive considered the relevance of results too, but ive also considered the strength of the squads at the time and the stage at which the games took place in the season. As i said though, this is my opinion, so lets not get into the habit of telling eachother what to say here

Enigma625 wrote: »
    Actually so long as I make it clear that I'm giving my opinion, I can say whatever I want to say here. Rather than only paying attention to results, I'm concerned with the performances put out by the teams and by the individuals, as well as with provincial representation, depth of squad etc. of course ive considered the relevance of results too, but ive also considered the strength of the squads at the time and the stage at which the games took place in the season. As i said though, this is my opinion, so lets not get into the habit of telling eachother what to say here

Yeah you can say your opinion and I can disagree with your opinion. You must have a lot of spare time and be very informed to be able to know what every teams performances have been like and every schools depth.

• Advertisement

You can disagree of course. But you didnt. you tried to tell me that i couldnt say something. Theres a fairly large distinction there that i hope you can reason out, because were moving off topic.

I dont think that its much of your business how it is that ive come to possess any knowledge that i have of this particular cup year. I havent any qualms with telling you that, in my own way, its in my best interest to be informed about these guys. The thing is that we arent here to discuss me, or the sources of knowledge on which ive formed my opinions anyway. Were here to discuss the senior cup and that is what i intend to do thanks.

Anything else you can just shoot me a DM if you want, provided youve got as much 'spare' time as me i suppose..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Indeed, stay on topic people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KMurphy171

Does anyone know result of St Michaels vs St Andrews SCT last Friday? Couldnt make game and no one seems to know result, thought this was the best place to ask. Also Pres Bray are in action this morning vs St Andrews? Does anyone know if that is in Bray or Booterstown? Any other games in next few days?Have a couple of days off and wouldnt mind seeing a couple of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭gfitz95

KMurphy171 wrote: »
    Does anyone know result of St Michaels vs St Andrews SCT last Friday? Couldnt make game and no one seems to know result, thought this was the best place to ask. Also Pres Bray are in action this morning vs St Andrews? Does anyone know if that is in Bray or Booterstown? Any other games in next few days?Have a couple of days off and wouldnt mind seeing a couple of games.

Michaels beat Andrews 51-0,in what I understand were brutal conditions,didnt make the game so not sure of the strenght of the side Michaels put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

gfitz95 wrote: »
    Michaels beat Andrews 51-0,in what I understand were brutal conditions,didnt make the game so not sure of the strenght of the side Michaels put out.

'Michaels maybe running into form at the right time finally?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KMurphy171

Michaels beat Andrews 51-0,in what I understand were brutal conditions,didnt
    make the game so not sure of the strenght of the side Michaels put out.

Cheers for that, had heard it was a full strength Michaels side which is why I had wanted to go to the game, it must have been close to if not an outright first XV. I was surprised I couldnt find result anywhere.

Subsequently found out Pres were in Booterstown this morning but don't know result, I presume much much closer.

What are the likely starting 15s for michaels, rock, terenure and clongowes if anyone knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 redsoxallday

KMurphy171 wrote: »
    Cheers for that, had heard it was a full strength Michaels side which is why I had wanted to go to the game, it must have been close to if not an outright first XV. I was surprised I couldnt find result anywhere.

Subsequently found out Pres were in Booterstown this morning but don't know result, I presume much much closer.

Hadn't seen michaels since they played clongowes. They looked quite good but still weren't playing nick mccarthy, kelleher or james ryan who are all with irish 18s squad. No Harold either and two of their u19 leinster players duffy and O' Keefe were on the bench. From talking to a few people at the match they said that injuries were of real concern but are hopeful they can get near a full team soon.

Quint2010 wrote: »

I havent actually managed to get to any of their games since the rock match,as far as I know the 15 that started against Andrews is the first choice apart from Kelleher,McCarthy and a winger.Thats as far as I know but I could be wrong.But im sure they wont be getting ahead of themeselves as Terenure and Rock will be a different breed altogether!

Hadn't seen michaels since they played clongowes. They looked quite good but still weren't playing nick mccarthy, kelleher or james ryan who are all with irish 18s squad. No Harold either and two of their u19 leinster players duffy and O' Keefe were on the bench. From talking to a few people at the match they said that injuries were of real concern but are hopeful they can get near a full team soon.

Must have been a lot weaker than I was told then,good to see them get back in form though cause they are undoubtedly a talented team.

• Advertisement

Harold, Maloney, Ryan,Penny and murphy likely to be the second and back row for Michaels? Anyone have and idea if the the starting 15s for clongowes michaels terenure and blackrock?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Terenure 16 pres cork 22

fox_1973 wrote: »
    Terenure 16 pres cork 22

Presume Terenure were missing all their top players?

Presume Terenure were missing all their top players?
    Yeah the 5 Ireland reps and a couple of others who were unavailable. It was a tight enough game right up till the end

Yeah the 5 Ireland reps and a couple of others who were unavailable. It was a tight enough game right up till the end

Cheers. Was Stephen O'Neill back playing at OH?

Cheers. Was Stephen O'Neill back playing at OH?
    No, he still wasn't back playing looks like the cup game could be his first game back

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

Who are the Ireland reps?

Who are the Ireland reps?
    Brewer, dardis, lalor, Thornton and roache

• Site Banned Posts: 157 ✭✭yougottagoboy

only 2 of them have represented Ireland.

• Advertisement

Is Tim Schmidt not in the Ireland squad too? Also-is Jody Carroll back playing yet?

Is Tim Schmidt not in the Ireland squad too? Also-is Jody Carroll back playing yet?
    As far as I know, he didn't get selected for the camp after the trials. Jody wont be back. Still suffering with problems with his back

only 2 of them have represented Ireland.
    That's correct, should of phrased it, attending the Ireland camp

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Leinster5

Looks like it. They were still missing Kelleher, McCarthy & Ryan for that game according to the Irish Camp's injury list I saw 2 weeks ago. Clongowes don't have any injury concerns. Not sure about Blackrock .Terenure don't have any injuries, bar a few positional problems at winger and hooker.
    Anyone know when Terenure's or St. Michaels' next games are ?

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Looks like it. They were still missing Kelleher, McCarthy & Ryan for that game according to the Irish Camp's injury list I saw 2 weeks ago. Clongowes don't have any injury concerns. Not sure about Blackrock .Terenure don't have any injuries, bar a few positional problems at winger and hooker.

Stephen O'Neill still has not played since September and what problems do Terenure have at hooker?

Terenure playing munchins next Sunday and then methody in the next couple of weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Leinster5

Stephen O'Neill still has not played since September and what problems do Terenure have at hooker?
    Is he not back in full training ? Was told he was. Well Roche is subbing at the moment, was told by a Clongowes 6th year that they've moved a Prop into Hooker due to Roche's poor performances. Never rated Roche, poor thrower and very unmobile. Basing this on his performances against Blackrock, St. Michaels & Clongowes.

Is he not back in full training ? Was told he was. Well Roche is subbing at the moment, was told by a Clongowes 6th year that they've moved a Prop into Hooker due to Roche's poor performances. Never rated Roche, poor thrower and very unmobile. Basing this on his performances against Blackrock, St. Michaels & Clongowes.

Well he's the starting hooker for Leinster and is in the Ireland squad so he must be doing something right? Have only seen him against Blackrock and he played well. Heard O'Neill may not play until the cup.

Well he's the starting hooker for Leinster and is in the Ireland squad so he must be doing something right? Have only seen him against Blackrock and he played well. Heard O'Neill may not play until the cup.

I saw him in the first round against rock last year and yes his throwing wasn't great but bear in mind he was a 4th year thrust into start at short notice.
    Saw him in the interpros this year and thought he looked very handy,great physical presence for a young lad like

What I don't understand is, how dave Doyle made the leinster u18 but couldn't start for the terenure SCT later that season?

TheTalk wrote: »
    What I don't understand is, how dave Doyle made the leinster u18 but couldn't start for the terenure SCT later that season?

I think Doyle got injured around October and was only back a couple of weeks before the cup. Doyle is playing 8 this year-and Niall Lalor the captain was playing 8 last season

• Advertisement

just because you played representative doesn't mean you should start,I thought Nure had a very balanced backrow last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Rock beat St Munchins 50 something - 6 yesterday without their 4 Ireland reps

Marys beat Gerards on Saturday not sure how much believe a few try were scored and Gerards were nilled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 mikemurph43

I heard from a reliable source that Tim has been recruited to play cricket in the West Indies?

Does anyone know the likely starting line ups for the main 4 teams in the cup? ie clongowes, michaels, rock and nure?

TheTalk wrote: »
    Does anyone know the likely starting line ups for the main 4 teams in the cup? ie clongowes, michaels, rock and nure?

It's very hard to say at this point but from what I have seen from Terenure from 15-1 I would say that the line up will be as follows:

Dardis, Madigan, AN Other, Brewer, O'Brien, O'Neill, Schimidt/Clarkin, Doyle, Thornton, Lalor, Murphy, Somerville, Trenier, Roche, Borza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Woody1997

Does anybody know who the Blackrock Ireland reps are?

Woody1997 wrote: »
    Does anybody know who the Blackrock Ireland reps are?

Think Timoney. Jaeger, O'Connor and Rock.

I'd say Harold, Maloney, Ryan, Penny and Murphy the probable second and front row for michaels. Any idea what the starting 15 is for michaels is? (Byrne and McCarthy are a given at halfback also)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rugby97

BigboyP wrote: »
    Belvedere have not been the same since that 08 Team? Why ?

They haven't have a good number 10 since then.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement