Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Leinster5

Yeah you're right there although I'm fairly sure Blackrock were without their Leinster players for that match
    No, I was there and saw the likes of Coughlan, Timony and Rock were all involved. This Belvedere haven't been hammered once this year, they could of easily beaten St. Michaels and Blackrock this year, I'd still fancy Terenure to beat them, but not by more than 5 or 6 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Leinster5 wrote: »
    No, I was there and saw the likes of Coughlan, Timony and Rock were all involved. This Belvedere haven't been hammered once this year, they could of easily beaten St. Michaels and Blackrock this year, I'd still fancy Terenure to beat them, but not by more than 5 or 6 points.

Terenure beat them 34-5.

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Terenure beat them 34-5.
    I knew somebody would mention this. Belvedere were missing 3 key players in the pack that day, also 21 of those points were scored in the last 10-15 minutes of that match when Belvedere's lack of match practise took it's toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

I knew somebody would mention this. Belvedere were missing 3 key players in the pack that day, also 21 of those points were scored in the last 10-15 minutes of that match when Belvedere's lack of match practise took it's toll.

They still lost by 21 points, it's not Terenures fault if Belvo were missing playeres or had a lack of match practice. A beating is a beating you can't put an asterix beside the result because of players missing.

Yeah and you also omit to mention that Terenure were missing around half of their strongest 15-including Dardis.

Yeah and you also omit to mention that Terenure were missing around half of their strongest 15-including Dardis.
    Quint, I'm aware of your love and affection towards Terenure, but this Belvedere side have been improving every week, unlike most teams. They've a pack that is just as powerful as Terenure's, and also have(in my opinion) the best schools coach in Phil Werahiko. I'm not saying they'll beat Terenure, but there IS A CHANCE of an upset, and from what I've been told, Terenure are treating this match like a final.

Quint, I'm aware of your love and affection towards Terenure, but this Belvedere side have been improving ever week, unlike most teams. They've a pack that is just as powerful as Terenure's, and also have(in my opinion) the best schools coach in Phil Werahiko. I'm not saying they'll beat Terenure, but there IS A CHANCE of an upset, and from what I've been told, Terenure are treating this match like a final.

Just making the point, like another poster, that all teams miss players throughout the season. You said no one had hammered Belvedere when in fact Terenure have. Yes I have an affinity with Terenure just the same as you have a clear bias against them and Blackrock and for 'Michaels and 'Clongowes. I am glad you pointed out Terenure are treating this like a final because thats the way every team should treat every match in the cup.

Just making the point, like another poster, that all teams miss players throughout the season. You said no one had hammered Belvedere when in fact Terenure have. Yes I have an affinity with Terenure just the same as you have a clear bias against them and Blackrock and for 'Michaels and 'Clongowes. I am glad you pointed out Terenure are treating this like a final because thats the way every team should treat every match in the cup.
    I just don't think you can take much from the Terenure hammering considering how many players were missing and how long ago the game took place. Just like a few of Clongowes' losses this year have been against shocking teams that they'd put a cricket score on them if they played them in the Cup. Just like Terenure wouldn't beat Blackrock by 25+ points in the Cup like they did in pre-season. I'm just saying this Belvedere side have a big pack and the best scrum in the competition and that Terenure better be prepared, which I'm sure they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭thetruth_time

Quint, I'm aware of your love and affection towards Terenure, but this Belvedere side have been improving every week, unlike most teams. They've a pack that is just as powerful as Terenure's, and also have(in my opinion) the best schools coach in Phil Werahiko. I'm not saying they'll beat Terenure, but there IS A CHANCE of an upset, and from what I've been told, Terenure are treating this match like a final.
    Good club coach but remains to be seen if he's 'the best' schools coach. Or even one of the best. He hasn't achieved anything at schools level yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ClongowesBoy

Any word on the 5ths cup? Apparently Michaels had a convincing win in tough conditions against St Columbas 22 - 0, can anyone confirm this?

Apparently Mike Ruddock is training the Castleknock team this year. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RuggerLad222

Good club coach but remains to be seen if he's 'the best' schools coach. Or even one of the best. He hasn't achieved anything at schools level yet.

Phil Werahiko on the coaching staff of the 2005 Belvedere Double win, so yes he has achieved something

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Andrews beat De La Salle 42 - 3 today

Andrews beat De La Salle 42 - 3 today

Was that in the 5ths cup?

Phil Werahiko on the coaching staff of the 2005 Belvedere Double win, so yes he has achieved something
    Was he head coach??
    If not, still remains to be seen if he can achieve at this level. To call him the best coach in schools rugby is a big overstatement considering some current coaches that have won schools cups and have track records of progressing players to rep sides and academy's.
    Maybe he will turn out to be the one of the best coaches in schools rugby, but like I said remains to be seen!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Was that in the 5ths cup?
    Vinnie Murray Cup.

Full results:
    Wesley 15 - CBS Naas 0
    St. Andrews 42 - DLS Churchtown 3
    St. Gerards 24 - Skerries 9
    Mount Temple 17 - Newpark 5

So that's St. Gerards v Mount Temple and St. Andrews v Wesley in the semis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rugbyman5678

Pres bray beat clongowes?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

I assume everyone read the supplement on school's rugby in Thurday's Irish Times? Anyone disagree on anything they said?

I assume everyone read the supplement on school's rugby in Thurday's Irish Times? Anyone disagree on anything they said?

Well you'd never know Gavin Cummiskey went to Blackrock-"2014 champions!" screamed his prediction for his old school.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Player14

Well you'd never know Gavin Cummiskey went to Blackrock-"2014 champions!" screamed his prediction for his old school.:)

Always thought he was a 'Michaels man, which would make it more surprising. A wild statement nonetheless?

• Advertisement

Player14 wrote: »
    Always thought he was a 'Michaels man, which would make it more surprising. A wild statement nonetheless?

No he's a Rock boy

• Registered Users Posts: 43 AndrewHoey2012

hey quint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Anybody know what's the deal with Setanta coverage? I thought they might have started advertising it but there's nothing on the website yet.

Just heard from the lads, the Clongowes SCT team have kidnapped Terenures mascot, the goat of Terenure, Albert. Apparently just drove up from Kildare this evening and burst into Alberts room. I mean it shows a bit of teamwork but will it backfire once the two inevitably meet in the cup?

Wattle wrote: »
    Anybody know what's the deal with Setanta coverage? I thought they might have started advertising it but there's nothing on the website yet.

They normally keep it quiet, it will be shown on setanta have no worries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭smurphy69

Anyone know when the odds will come out for 1st round matches?
    Or would you have to go in and request them?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

smurphy69 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the odds will come out for 1st round matches?
    Or would you have to go in and request them?
    They're out on the paddy power and Boyle sports websites

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Just heard from the lads, the Clongowes SCT team have kidnapped Terenures mascot, the goat of Terenure, Albert. Apparently just drove up from Kildare this evening and burst into Alberts room. I mean it shows a bit of teamwork but will it backfire once the two inevitably meet in the cup?

Depends if they hurt him or not, you never know what those boarding school lads could get up to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Stupid move. The Terenure lads will have a big picture of Albert on the dressing room wall. As if they weren't motivated enough already :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

In fairness it was this time last year people were saying the same thing about Terenure, that they were a young team and would win it in 2013. Things will change and someone will come along and challenge next year like Michaels and Rock this year. But Blackrocks 5th years are a class act.

• Advertisement

Was thinking if heading across town to Ashbourne for the michaels crescent and belvedere munchins double header. Can anone confirm this is still going ahead?

Was thinking if heading across town to Ashbourne for the michaels crescent and belvedere munchins double header. Can anone confirm this is still going ahead?

'Michaels have just tweeted the game has been cancelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Bridge93 wrote: »
    But Blackrocks 5th years are a class act.
    They still should have lost that junior final in 2011 though.I don't think next year's cup is as forgone a conclusion as many people think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Laird

Terenure v Belvo match live on Setanta Ireland tomorrow week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

funtime93 wrote: »
    They still should have lost that junior final in 2011 though.I don't think next year's cup is as forgone a conclusion as many people think.

They've shouldve been out of sight long before the Michaels 10 missed that kick, and Michaels try came from a moment of madness by the winger. definitely not a foregone conclusion in any way with Michaels strength in 4th year but like Terenure were this year they have to be the comfortable favourites to start off with.

St. Michaels gone out to 4/1 in the bookies ? Does anyone know what's the reason behind this, have they had a bad injury to a key player or what ?

St. Michaels gone out to 4/1 in the bookies ? Does anyone know what's the reason behind this, have they had a bad injury to a key player or what ?

Yeah very stange-'Michaels are 5/1 with PP and 5/2 with Boyles. 'Rock have shortened considerably and are almost joint favourites. Might have a slice of that action with PP on 'Michaels myself:D

Yeah very stange-'Michaels are 5/1 with PP and 5/2 with Boyles. 'Rock have shortened considerably and are almost joint favourites. Might have a slice of that action with PP on 'Michaels myself:D
    I know it's only odds, but I expected to see 'Michaels just behind Terenure while Blackrock would be the dark horses. But 5/1 is worth the punt regardless of what team you are following, Clongowes' odds get bigger every day at this stage. Considering the amount of Leinster/Ireland reps St. Michaels and the quality of Byrne's kicking and their quality line-out, they could easily end up as winners. I don't think there's a lot between Blackrock-Terenure-St. Michaels, looks like it'll be one of the tightest cups in a long time, just hope the draw doesn't spoil it.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭TheTalk

Any link to this news article with Gavin Cummesky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

TheTalk wrote: »
    Any link to this news article with Gavin Cummesky?

It was in a supplement. Looked more like a misprint than anything to me.

It was in a supplement. Looked more like a misprint than anything to me.

What was a misprint?

What was a misprint?

"The 2014 champions, littered with 5th years"
    I assume that's what you were talking about above.

"The 2014 champions, littered with 5th years"
    I assume that's what you were talking about above.

Not at all. He really does think they will be champions next year.

I'd imagine he does, but it's written as a fact. Looks to me as if he meant to write favourites. Could be wrong though.

I'd say he meant to say the 2014 favourites.Calling them champions at this stage is a bit disrespectful to the other schools no?Then again, it is Cummiskey so im not really surprised.

• Advertisement

I'd say he meant to say the 2014 favourites.Calling them champions at this stage is a bit disrespectful to the other schools no?Then again, it is Cummiskey so im not really surprised.

No I would say he meant it. He is a 'Rock man thru and thru and managed to throw in a couple of sly digs about Terenure.

No I would say he meant it. He is a 'Rock man thru and thru and managed to throw in a couple of sly digs about Terenure.
    What did he say about Terenure?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

I'd imagine he does, but it's written as a fact. Looks to me as if he meant to write favourites. Could be wrong though.
    When I first read it, I thought it must of been a misprint too, but then again, maybe he was writing it as a fact and he knows something we don't :-o ( a new career as a physic?)

What did he say about Terenure?

He said this was their last chance in a "very long time". How does he know this? He seemed to be almost focusing more on next year

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RuggerLad222

His piece about Belvedere College was also quite bad, poor Journalism IMO , also there are facebook pages about the Junior and Senior Cups, http://www.facebook.com/SeniorCup2013 for the Senior Cup and http://www.facebook.com/JuniorCup2013 for the Junior Cup

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement