Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Quint2010 wrote: »
    No match odds out yet but these are the tournaments odds:

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/rugby-union/leinster-senior-cup

Kilkenny 50s outright against Pres 150s :confused:

What would that be likely to equate to in the first round match handicap - about Kilkenny minus 12 to 15 maybe?

I wouldnt fancy KK to cover that spread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Going to the Terenure v Belvo on Sunday @ 2.30

Will probably only get there just before ko

Should I be OK for tickets or is it possible to buy tickets in advance?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Little A wrote: »
    Going to the Terenure v Belvo on Sunday @ 2.30

Will probably only get there just before ko

Should I be OK for tickets or is it possible to buy tickets in advance?

Thanks

Don't think so think it's cash on the gate. The match is also live on Setanta which will affect the attendence.

Heralds preview of the game on Sunday:

LEINSTER SENIOR CUP PREVIEW: Terenure College v Belvedere College, Donnybrook, Sunday, 2.30 - It is that time of the year again. The Leinster Schools Senior Cup is almost upon us.
    The good news for Terenure - the bad news for everyone else - is that they have got everyone back in tip-top shape to mount a serious bid to win back the Leinster Schools Senior Cup for the first time since 2003.
    While they have been marooned in a relative wilderness, Belvedere have won the competition twice, powered by Ian Keatley and Cian Healy in 2005 and Tom Sexton in 2008.
    The 'Nure have not been able to get it together as much as they would have liked in their pre-Cup campaign. There have been the ups, like beating Blackrock, and the downs, like losing to St Michael's. A rollercoaster ride comes to mind.
    "I would say we are quietly confident, while respecting all the teams, especially Belvedere on Sunday. You get nothing easy against them," said 'Nure's Des Thornton.
    The Terenure forward unit is not a collection of monsters, rather a strong mobile unit that can scavenge with the best of them on the floor and move smoothly into transition from set-piece to open play.
    Their captain, Stephen O'Neill, has made it back from a broken ankle in August in what has been an example to all in a squad that boasts a backbone of Junior Cup winners from 2010 and a select few from 2009 too.
    Ireland Schools duo Harrison Brewer, in the centre, and full-back Billy Dardis offer a contrasting combination between the hammer and the sword, the former a hard carrier, the latter a wizard on his feet.
    Belvedere coach Phil Werahiko inherited a collection of hard workers, a team without stars, built on strong foundations of unity of purpose.
    Unusually, there is no inter-pro presence on which Werahiko can draw for leadership, although their captain Jack Hitchcock and number 12 Ger Young form an excellent centre partnership.
    Hooker Damien Butler and number eight Eamon Heneghan are strong performers in the pack, while fly-half Mark White has grown into the role as chief playmaker through the season.
    "We have had our injuries, but we are hopeful they will be cleared up by the weekend," said Werahiko, in his first year as the SCT coach.
    Belvo have been working hard to correct their most obvious flaw: getting off to a reasonable start before falling away in the second half.
    It haunted them in defeats to Blackrock, St Michael's, Clongowes Wood and Terenure on their pre-Cup journey.
    Verdict: Terenure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Belvedere not being given much chance!no reps doesn't bode well.

Indo supplement tomorrow and more schools rugby coverage on knockon.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

St. Gerards beat Mount Temple 33-3 in UCD on Astro turf today. As qualifiers they meet Clongowes in the first round of the cup next Thursday in St. Marys's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Do not backseat moderate. If you have a problem with a post, report it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

7.Eduardo Moffit

Surely he'll be at prop.

probable Blackrock team 1.Iarlaith Forkin 2.Daniel Hickey 3.Jonathon Riordan 4.Mark Doyle 5.Lee Talent 6.Paul Blake 7.Eduardo Moffit 8.Nick Timoney 9.Charlie Rock 10.Sean Plunkett 11.Frankie Bracken 12.Shane Lynch 13.Garry Ringrose 14.Nathan Cranely 15. either Jack Power or Cian O Leary

Where's Jaeger, Coughlan, O'Connor and Tynan?

Where's Jaeger, Coughlan and and Tynan?

He's ripping the p*ss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Hagz wrote: »
    He's ripping the p*ss.

Total pisstake but Word seems to be Gavin Tynan actually isn't starting. He was sub last night against Trinity U21s and it seems Steve Lawton will play.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Total pisstake but Word seems to be Gavin Tynan actually isn't starting. He was sub last night against Trinity U21s and it seems Steve Lawton will play.

Are either of them 5th years?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭11393551

Okay well i was wondering if there was anyone on here who actually would know the starting team?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

Hagz wrote: »

Are either of them 5th years?
    Nope, both sixth

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭11393551

terenure -16 a sure bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Player14

11393551 wrote: »
    terenure -16 a sure bet?

I would honestly see belvo keeping within 16 on a wet day, wait until Sunday morning to bet so we know the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RuggerLad222

St Michaels Team to Play Castleknock tumblr_mh4sfq1V7k1rza8mlo1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Leinster5

St Michaels Team to Play Castleknock tumblr_mh4sfq1V7k1rza8mlo1_1280.jpg
    No Harold on the 22 ? So that's three Leinster reps not involved in the starting 15 if I'm not mistaken. Funny how Kelleher returned just in time for the cup, must be something going on down in 'Michaels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Leinster5 wrote: »
    No Harold on the 22 ? So that's three Leinster reps not involved in the starting 15 if I'm not mistaken. Funny how Kelleher returned just in time for the cup, must be something going on down in 'Michaels.
    What other reps arent involved for Michaels?

funtime93 wrote: »
    What other reps arent involved for Michaels?
    I'm certain O'Keefe started the Interpro's final for the Leinster u19s because I was at the game, having said that I don't think he has anything on the Fromms and Brewers of this world, and I think somebody mentioned earlier this year that Duffy was involved with Leinster 19s as well, could be wrong about Duffy but search the thread and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

There's two strange selections on the Castleknock team,their second choice 10 is starting on the wing despite having barely played there and one of the second rows are injured and haven't played rugby for ages but are still starting.

I'm certain O'Keefe started the Interpro's final for the Leinster u19s because I was at the game, having said that I don't think he has anything on the Fromms and Brewers of this world, and I think somebody mentioned earlier this year that Duffy was involved with Leinster 19s as well, could be wrong about Duffy but search the thread and see.

Duffy played for the Michaels 2nds against Blackrock 6th years (Castle 2nds) in the first league match of the seconds league on Wednesday so Allen must be ahead of him.

Four reps that aren't in the starting 15. O'Keefe, Duffy, Leahy and Harold. Shows the strength of the 23, few teams would ever have reps that are not fully involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lobby Con Shine

What sort of nonsense is going on in that OP poll?

No Cistercian Roscrea. The finalists two years ago. Robbed by Alex Ferguson-levels of overtime last year against the eventual winners (tainted, Michael's, tainted) and yet can't be found in the actual poll.

Shows up the Dublin-centric attitude of schools rugby. OP, do some research and take a leaf out of Paddy Power's book.

What sort of nonsense is going on in that OP poll?

No Cistercian Roscrea. The finalists two years ago. Robbed by Alex Ferguson-levels of overtime last year against the eventual winners (tainted, Michael's, tainted) and yet can't be found in the actual poll.

Shows up the Dublin-centric attitude of schools rugby. OP, do some research and take a leaf out of Paddy Power's book.

Maybe because they were never a big 6/7 school. Always a league school? Just speculation. Relax

'Michaels boast four reps not in the first XV. Shows there strength, not many could survive with reps not fully involved. O'Keefe, Duffy, Leahy and Harold.

Two of Blackrocks Leinster reps don't look like starting next Sunday either, Gavin Tynan and Dermot O Flynn

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

11393551 wrote: »
    Okay well i was wondering if there was anyone on here who actually would know the starting team?

Well the Gonzaga team from the league final was

A Marks; H Gowing, H Caslin, K O'Connor, P Keenan; C McKeon (capt), D Lavelle; R Byrne, P Finlay, R Barry, E Byrne, C Kenny, J Carter, J Doyle, M McVey

I wouldn't imagine there'd be too many changes, if any, from that match

link: http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/higgins-fires-drop-goal-to-wrap-up-title-for-roscrea-3324992.html

Rock team that played Trinity is from what I was told the team that will go out against Gonzaga assuming no injuries. They looked very good: 15. Power 14. O Hagan 13. Ringrose 12. Lawton 11. Coughlan 10. Quirke 9. Rock 8. Timoney 7. Fortune 6. Tyrell 5. Fenn 4. O Connor 3. Loughman 2. Cooke 1. Jager 16. Fitzpatrick 17. Hughes 18. Holland 19. Murray/O Dwyer 20. O Flynn 21. Brady 22. Kearns 23. Tynan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Well the Gonzaga team from the league final was

A Marks; H Gowing, H Caslin, K O'Connor, P Keenan; C McKeon (capt), D Lavelle; R Byrne, P Finlay, R Barry, E Byrne, C Kenny, J Carter, J Doyle, M McVey

I wouldn't imagine there'd be too many changes, if any, from that match

link: http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/higgins-fires-drop-goal-to-wrap-up-title-for-roscrea-3324992.html

Yeah. Prob won't be many changes.

O'Connor is carrying a knock,

Cormac Keane & Eoghan O'Rourke are back & fit.
    Keane into the backrow would add weight & power.
    Carter to keep his spot at 7, with Keane possibly at 6.

Marks back to centre maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭TheTalk

Really surprised that Duffy and o Keefe not starting I surely thought there place would be guaranteed? Also Harold surely must be injured

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Yeah. Prob won't be many changes.

O'Connor is carrying a knock,

Cormac Keane & Eoghan O'Rourke are back & fit.
    Keane into the backrow would add weight & power.
    Carter to keep his spot at 7, with Keane possibly at 6.

Marks back to centre maybe

Keane was an interpro with Connacht wasn't he? Good option to have returning if so.

TheTalk wrote: »
    Really surprised that Duffy and o Keefe not starting I surely thought there place would be guaranteed? Also Harold surely must be injured
    Why are you surprised ? 'Michaels have a history of having a strong bench, but if they were good enough, they'd of started. Just like Tynan in Blackrock, sometimes Leinster reps aren't as good as people suggest.

Player14 wrote: »
    Maybe because they were never a big 6/7 school. Always a league school? Just speculation. Relax

A "big 6/7 school"? What century do you live in?

Why are Castleknock College on the list?

A "big 6/7 school"? What century do you live in?

Why are Castleknock College on the list?

That is a poor man's comeback. Maybe because Castleknock weren't always a league school and just recently chose to join. No your facts before you come on here giving out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 charliemant

Best junior teams ??heard in Munster its Crescent ard scoil and Rockwell and leinster blevo and rock????

That is a poor man's comeback. Maybe because Castleknock weren't always a league school and just recently chose to join. No your facts before you come on here giving out.

The OP established a poll so that people might vote for the team they felt would win the Cup. That might have escaped your attention.

The historic position regarding the various schools means diddly squat. Unless of course you hark back to a bygone era like you clearly do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

There has never been any Big 7 ffs.

Castleknock have been in the League before the last couple of years as well you know.

The OP established a poll so that people might vote for the team they felt would win the Cup. That might have escaped your attention.

The historic position regarding the various schools means diddly squat. Unless of course you hark back to a bygone era like you clearly do.

Given that I'm not even 25, I could hardly hark back to a different era. Roscrea are not one of the top schools around so are not there. Maybe that is why 'Other' has such a high vote. And no, the 'historic position' does not mean 'diddly squat' as you daid. The poll was clearly set up with the bigggest schools around available for a vote.
    Tough if you feel hard done by that Roscrea aren't there. They may be going through a good spell (lucky to get such an easy draw to the final in 2010), but still aren't a top school. How many times have they won the competition?
    And YES, I do realise that it is there to allow people there opinion, however biased it is. However, you said there was a 'dublin-centric attitude to schools rugby', but that is because most of the best schools teams are from Dublin. With the exception of Clongowes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Vanilla_Ice

The poll doesn't really matter though, in reality people will just vote for their own school. If the poll was for who people honestly thought would go on to win the cup there'd only be need for nure rock and michaels up there. Most people who have any knowledge of this years cup will agree it's gonna be one of those three

• Advertisement

themont85 wrote: »

There has never been any Big 7 ffs.

Castleknock have been in the League before the last couple of years as well you know.

Yes there has been, and yes 'Knock only joined RECENTLY. Still not the point

Yes there has been, and yes 'Knock only joined RECENTLY. Still not the point

What? Casteknock have been in the League before.

They won it in 1994 and 2001 ffs look up your own school's history. As Michaels won it before themselves.

There was never a "Big 7". It was the Big 5 then Michaels came around and wanted some Big 6 nonsense, which wasn't justified until they finally won it in 2007. Casteknock haven't won the cup since 1963.:rolleyes:

This isn't the first time Roscrea fan/s have been bitter about not being regarded as a top side. Tough sh*t, overrated after an easy path to a destroyed final and a good performance against an under-performing champion side doesn't make you a top side.

Whens the last time Casteknock even made the semi finals?

themont85 wrote: »

Whens the last time Casteknock even made the semi finals?

Given that Castleknock have lost it, similar to Belvo and Marys. I would be one to point that out. However, Belvo are attempting a revolution with there Juniors this year.
    However, the original argument was about Roscrea not being on the poll. I put forward that it was due to them not being one of the biggest schools around. Do you not agree?
    One recent final (lucky) doesn't give them much to boast about.

Rain forecast for today and this evening and showery tomorrow....after last years debacle-any chance tomorrow's match could be postponed?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Rain forecast for today and this evening and showery tomorrow....after last years debacle-any chance tomorrow's match could be postponed?
    Jesus I hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 knightro

do you have to pay into donnybrook please? how much? thanks

knightro wrote: »
    do you have to pay into donnybrook please? how much? thanks

Think its 10 euro in.

fox_1973 wrote: »
    Jesus I hope not!

Would not be at all surprised. Also forecast to be very windy tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 knightro

Think its 10 euro in.

jesus thats pretty steep if you want to go and see a fair few games!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement