Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

knightro wrote: »
    do you have to pay into donnybrook please? how much? thanks

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/schools/10845.php

• Registered Users Posts: 28 knightro

fox_1973 wrote: »

Thanks but u don't get it, does it mean you can watch the game for 5? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

3 euro for a child and 10 for an adult will get you into the ground to watch standing

5 euro for a child and 15 for and adult if you want to sit in the stand so the cheapest is 10 euro for an adult to watch the game from the terrace, hope that makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

what do you think it means?
    yes if you are a child you pay €3 for entry to ground and pay an extra €2(so €5 in total) to watch the game from the stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Player14 wrote: »
    Given that Castleknock have lost it, similar to Belvo and Marys. I would be one to point that out. However, Belvo are attempting a revolution with there Juniors this year.
    However, the original argument was about Roscrea not being on the poll. I put forward that it was due to them not being one of the biggest schools around. Do you not agree?
    One recent final (lucky) doesn't give them much to boast about.

I have no idea what you mean by the first paragraph.

Roscrea have been a better Rugby school in the last 20 years than Castleknock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Rain forecast for today and this evening and showery tomorrow....after last years debacle-any chance tomorrow's match could be postponed?

I kinda hope it is. Could be a great tie but don't want to see both teams playing in a quagmire.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 knightro

fox_1973 wrote: »

3 euro for a child and 10 for an adult will get you into the ground to watch standing

5 euro for a child and 15 for and adult if you want to sit in the stand so the cheapest is 10 euro for an adult to watch the game from the terrace, hope that makes sense

Yes thinks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

Best junior teams ??heard in Munster its Crescent ard scoil and Rockwell and leinster blevo and rock????

CBC will surprise the Rocks and Belvos of this world..big win again today 27-7 in Limerick against Munchins..Castleknock first up ...

CBC will surprise the Rocks and Belvos of this world..big win again today 27-7 in Limerick against Munchins..Castleknock first up ...

Who's coaching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Rollingball

Castleknock were beaten by DLSP in 1983 final which was played in Lansdown Road.
    themont85 wrote: »

Whens the last time Casteknock even made the semi finals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

Who's coaching?

Ronan O'Donovan former Con/Munster player who is a teacher there and Marty Mahon past pupil and former Wanderers player..

Castleknock were beaten by DLSP in 1983 final which was played in Lansdown Road.

Yep exactly. Roscrea have played in 2 finals since. Other League schools (CBC. Newbridge) have made the final since. DLS won it. I think it's over 10 years since Casteknock made the semi finals (I can't recall). In that time plenty of other schools outside of the Big 6 have made the semis. They're a good rugby school with a good history but they are very much in that pack behind the Big 6.

Roscrea have been the leading school outside of the big 6 for the past 2 decades. Without question. I think it's a fair point the guy had originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lobby Con Shine

Yep exactly. Roscrea have played in 2 finals since. Other League schools (CBC. Newbridge) have made the final since. DLS won it. I think it's over 10 years since Casteknock made the semi finals (I can't recall). In that time plenty of other schools outside of the Big 6 have made the semis. They're a good rugby school with a good history but they are very much in that pack behind the Big 6.

Roscrea have been the leading school outside of the big 6 for the past 2 decades. Without question. I think it's a fair point the guy had originally.

But even taking partial opinions out of it, look at the bookies' odds. Their odds have no emotion attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭11393551

How big are belvos back?am hearing that they are enormus??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

11393551 wrote: »
    How big are belvos back?am hearing that they are enormus??

I remember they had a huge pack in 2008 too and in the first round beat Terenure with a try in the fifth minute of injury time. Payback time hopefully tomorrow.

• Advertisement

so what do people predict for tomorrow then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Nure by 20+

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

funtime93 wrote: »
    Nure by 20+

Terenure by 10

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Vanilla_Ice

I'd predict a little drissle in the morning that'll clear up by early after noon and a bit of wind as well maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Terenure to crash and burn, letting history repeat itself. I'll be on the Belvo handicap but am waiting to see if I can get a double with the Michael's handicap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Roscrea have been impressive in recent years but wonder will that continue if Connacht pull their support.5 Connacht reps aren't there by coincidence.heard there was only around 20 kids in 1st year there this year and they were well beaten at JCT by Castleknock this year.expect Newbridge to become the new big challenger from outside the "top six"(though its more of a big 5 the way Mary's have been in recent years) big catchment and well coached. There is a mid tier of roscrea(for now) Castleknock,newbridge,Gonzaga and Mary's emerging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Woody1997

Did anyone else see the schools rugby supplement with tony ward in the independent on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AhLeaveItOuh

Does anyone know how Roscrea got on against any of the medium-big schools from Leinster? Also i think Terenure will win tomorrow regardless, but the weather will have an impact on the margin. Belvo's pack are monstrous so wet windy conditions would be to their advantage. Terenure are strong all round but their real scoring prowess comes out wide I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RuggerLad222

Predict that Belvo pack to dominate up front, Gick will have a hard time securing possession from scrums and lineouts. Out wide is where Gick are strongest, Belvo's two wingers have a lot of pace and will cut down this strength, verdict Belvo to nick it at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Leinster5

Terenure to edge it, but Belvo won't lose by more than a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Does anyone know how Roscrea got on against any of the medium-big schools from Leinster? Also i think Terenure will win tomorrow regardless, but the weather will have an impact on the margin. Belvo's pack are monstrous so wet windy conditions would be to their advantage. Terenure are strong all round but their real scoring prowess comes out wide I feel.

Roscrea won the League final in December vs Gonzaga.

They are a decent team.

Game tomorrow will be interesting.
    Terenure front row could be in for a long day at the office.
    They better have a good bench at LH & TH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RugbyClub123

Bad pitch conditions, a monster pack and a very solid Belvedere defence will make this game extremely interesting.

Terenure have their work cut out for them big time.

Upset on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Vullet93

Forecast says rain and strong winds for most of the afternoon, doubt Belvo will overcome Terenure due to the quality difference in the backline, but this is gonna be one hell of an intense match, Terenure's backs won't be nearly as effective on weather suited to scrappy, dogged play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭RichardB2

Does anyone know if spectators have access
    to the Wesley clubhouse in Donnybrook?

My son is playing there &
    an elderly relative would like to attend.
    They're wheelchair bound and in poor health
    so exposing her to the elements is an issue.

Thanks in advance.

RichardB2 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Call the Leinster Branch mate id say. Best of luck to your son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Route1

nure will walk it, belvo are abject.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭schools rugby

Think Nure will win by about 10 points, all i hope for is a good game to start the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

Anyone know how big this Harrison Brewer guy is?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Vanilla_Ice

Anyone know how big this Harrison Brewer guy is?
    Never heard of him

Does anyone know the teams for this afternoons match?

RichardB2 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

I think they're is a spectators area just above the clubhouse with a screen window where I have seen spectators before so you should be able to get in up there but I'd call the leinster branch first just to make sure

Woody1997 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the teams for this afternoons match?

Terenure vs Belvedere

I dont know all the Belvo starters but:

1. Soroka
    2. Butler
    3 McDonnell
    6. McGauran
    7. Guerin
    8. Heneghan
    11. Hubbard
    13 Hitchcock
    15. Egan

Nure team for sure will have
    10. O'Neill
    13. Brewer
    15. Dardis

Im brutal at remembering names

I'll be going to the match later and will try to put up a pic of the programme

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭marbless

Is the Belvo-Nure match going ahead in this weather??

Anyone have a link to the game?dont have setanta

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Just seen an ad for it on Setanta so seems to be going ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

That was quick. Terenure try. 5-0

who scored?hows the gane looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

anyone have a link then?

Both defences are looking pretty solid. Nure are using the ball better but are forcing passes when they should hold onto the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RugbyMan10

game fairly scrappy so far. think the hooker scored it was from a driving maul

• Advertisement

Belvo player spilled the ball on the intercept, would have been a certain try if he caught it.

brewer nearly hands belvo a try under the post with a wild pass across the pitch would have been a definite try had the belvo winger managed to hold on to it.

Ref having a shocker sporting forward passes & knock kms.

4 decisions against Belvo in last 5 mins

was just about to comment on how poor the ref is. decisions going against belvo

Schmidt at scrum half for Nure has been pretty bad, some shocking passes and is not controlling the back of the ruck

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement