Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know how to register a Business name?

Options
  • 15-06-2012 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to register a Business name or to register as a Sole Trader, does it take a long time and if there is any way to make the process any faster, I know of someone who explained over the phone that until the Business name was registered he couldn't Invoice or open a Bank Account and that he spoke to a person in the Registration department who was then able to process the application over the phone, is it possible to do this and does anyone know if there is anything I could do to make the process any faster?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jetset

If you are in Dublin - Go to Companies Registration Office - 14 Parnell Sq (across from Garden of Rememberance). Fill out an RBN form (the person at the desk will tell you which is the right one for you i.e. registering as an individual/partnership/on behalf of a company). Submit it - costs €15 and cert is posted to you.

Keep an eye on the CRO website for it to appear, as banks etc will accept the reg number as soon as it appears.

Alternatively do it online via www.core.ie - think it still takes the same amount of time for the certificate but it's free as far as I remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

moved to Entrepreneurial & Business Management

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Damien360

I recently tried registering my business name. The CRO site is silly. trying to register a limited company was like swimming against a tide of red tape and repeat entries. I am still unsure if I registered as a sole trader or a limited company. I have the file to be printed and returned but decided to sit on it and try again.

Advertisement