Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a dog

• 15-06-2012 2:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Was on the way home from the pub tonight after the game. A dog followed me very slowly the way home. Reached my house. Was shivering, seemed cold and was crying. When I went in it just crouched down shivering. I couldn't leave it out there so I put it in the porch,gave it some food and drink that I give my own dog.

Now I still live at home, my parents aren't the biggest dog lovers,even the one we have had for years,if anything happened dog I would be devastated but they don't get that type of thing, so I can't imagine the reaction when they wake up in the morning and see an extra dog in the porch! I just couldn't leave it outside shivering and crying though. It's huddled quite in the porch and I have a blanket around it.

It has no collar, so what's my next move? Do I just let it go in the morning to see if it finds home? I couldn't forgive myself it if got hit by a car or something. If i bring it to my vet can it check of any dog is chipped? I'm just waitin for the fun reaction of my parents in the morning! :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 master1

tvnutz wrote: »
    Was on the way home from the pub tonight after the game. A dog followed me very slowly the way home. Reached my house. Was shivering, seemed cold and was crying. When I went in it just crouched down shivering. I couldn't leave it out there so I put it in the porch,gave it some food and drink that I give my own dog.

Now I still live at home, my parents aren't the biggest dog lovers,even the one we have had for years,if anything happened dog I would be devastated but they don't get that type of thing, so I can't imagine the reaction when they wake up in the morning and see an extra dog in the porch! I just couldn't leave it outside shivering and crying though. It's huddled quite in the porch and I have a blanket around it.

It has no collar, so what's my next move? Do I just let it go in the morning to see if it finds home? I couldn't forgive myself it if got hit by a car or something. If i bring it to my vet can it check of any dog is chipped? I'm just waitin for the fun reaction of my parents in the morning! :P

Ive lost a dog in the cabinteely area today , black and white huskie/collie 8 months old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

At lest your parents well know you are a nice person.:)
    Where are you and maybe someone can take it in and work from there.
    Don't let it make it's own way home as it would be there if it know where that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Celbridge,followed me home from the main st. To be honest couldn't tell you what kind of dog it is,not even sure if it is male or female. Will take a photo in the morning and post it.

Celbridge,followed me home from the main st. To be honest couldn't tell you what kind of dog it is,not even sure if it is male or female. Will take a photo in the morning and post it.

ok if u could check my thread there is a pic

master1 wrote: »
    ok if u could check my thread there is a pic
    Could you not just link the post or pic.?
    I would if I could find it.

• Advertisement

Dodd wrote: »
    Could you not just link the post or pic.?
    I would if I could find it.

sorry not familiar with this site hope this works

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056671470

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

master1 wrote: »
    thanks chucken

No bother. I hope you find him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi,

If you contact X they will look after the dog for you. They are a no-kill rescue and have some people on the ground in Celbridge.

Please DO NOT put it into the pound.

If you need any more info, pm me. Oh, and thanks for taking him in. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Fair play OP, I would hate to see any animal out on a night like this, it's just rotten, especially if they are wandering around with no place to shelter.

First thing you do in the morning is take it to the vet to check and see if it has a microchip. Next step ring as many rescues in the locality that you can, give them a description of the dog, if the owners have been in touch they can be reunited if not explain your situation, that you can't keep the dog because of your parents etc. ask if they could possibly take him. Contact the local pound, give details of the dog, what is looks like where it was found, in case anyone rings looking. Then report it in your local Garda station, ask them to make a note of it.

Hopefully someone out there is looking for him, if not then hopefully you will be able to secure and place in rescue and either the owners will be able to find him there or he can be rehomed. Best of luck OP

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Fair play OP, I would hate to see any animal out on a night like this, it's just rotten, especially if they are wandering around with no place to shelter.

First thing you do in the morning is take it to the vet to check and see if it has a microchip. Next step ring as many rescues in the locality that you can, give them a description of the dog, if the owners have been in touch they can be reunited if not explain your situation, that you can't keep the dog because of your parents etc. ask if they could possibly take him. Contact the local pound, give details of the dog, what is looks like where it was found, in case anyone rings looking. Then report it in your local Garda station, ask them to make a note of it.

Hopefully someone out there is looking for him, if not then hopefully you will be able to secure and place in rescue and either the owners will be able to find him there or he can be rehomed. Best of luck OP

please check if it matches my dog first

master1's dog.

[IMG][/img]Buddy_thumb_5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Sorry master1,definitely not your dog.

Hope you find yours.

Please. Keep the dog safe. Get up early and check on him/her

Sorry master1,definitely not your dog.

Hope you find yours.

ok thanks for checking cheers

Advertisement