Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best fans in the world

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Zxclnic

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Well if you're a Rangers fan obviously rioting would be more par for the course for you obviously following a defeat, but not all groups of fans let their disappointment manifest itself through vast civil disorder

He wasn't advocating civil disorder, vast or otherwise.
    I think his post goes to the heart of the matter regarding the Irish national team's supporters who give a damn about losing and those who don't.
    And as evidenced by the posts in this particular thread, neither side seems able to comprehend the mind-set of the other.
    Btw, Rangers don't lose too often, so thankfully, for the good people of Scotland, the occasions of 'vast civil disorder' are kept to a minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Zxclnic wrote: »
    He wasn't advocating civil disorder, vast or otherwise.
    I think his post goes to the heart of the matter regarding the Irish national team's supporters who give a damn about losing and those who don't.
    And as evidenced by the posts in this particular thread, neither side seems able to comprehend the mind-set of the other.
    Btw, Rangers don't lose too often, so thankfully, for the good people of Scotland, the occasions of 'vast civil disorder' are kept to a minimum.

My point was that in grand scheme of things, the behaviour of Irish fans following a defeat shouldn't even register. I understand the point being made, I just don't see it as an issue given the wider context of rioting and fighting among other groups of fans

My point was that in grand scheme of things, the behaviour of Irish fans following a defeat shouldn't even register. I understand the point being made, I just don't see it as an issue given the wider context of rioting and fighting among other groups of fans

Yes but I believe his post was in the context of whether the Irish fans smiling after a 3-0 thumping are 'real football fans' or not - admittedly a difficult concept to define, never mind gauge - and if their behaviour/demeanour following a defeat and probable elimination might help in giving some indication as to their authenticity...
    ...if that's the right word.
    Imo,
    'Real football fans' are bitterly disappointed when they lose.
    'Real football hooligans' engage in rioting when they lose.
    'Not so real' football fans mug for the cameras and have 'the cràic'...win, lose or draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Belgium charged with crowd trouble after yesterday's game. As were Hungary.

And Portugal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I hate these judgemental types of threads!!

I know up to 50 fans over there. I know Gabriel Curtis and the lads with the much publicised van. They are proper fans, they have invested thousands to go over, taken their annual leave, living in rather bad accomodation and often bad weather for weeks and had to put up with disappointment. They are fans that go to matches, watch football, play football, live football, sleep football.

Majority are at their first, and possibly last opportunity (due to commitments, finance, even our qualification chances and the location of the next few tournaments) to be at a tournament where they are surrounded by fellow fans enjoying tournament football.

They are caught up in a wave of euphoria being there, rousing and friendly atmosphere and banter and of course drunkeness!!

Yet they sing a few songs, get caught singing and taking in an atmosphere of collective harmony and are told they arent real fans!!!

Do you want them to cry, put their finger on their lips, bathe in the misery of what is, a bloody football result, it isnt a terrorist attack!

They wont be singing at a draw against Georgia at Aviva because the occasion is a different context.

Delighted for them, jealous of the, proud of them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

vicwatson wrote: »
    And Portugal
    Yup. Just mentioned those two as they were deemed to be better fans by some. And just so everyone knows, I'm not saying Irish fans are 100% angels by any means, but by and large they behave themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I know up to 50 fans over there. I know Gabriel Curtis and the lads with the much publicised van. They are proper fans, they have invested thousands to go over, taken their annual leave, living in rather bad accomodation and often bad weather for weeks and had to put up with disappointment. They are fans that go to matches, watch football, play football, live football, sleep football.
    Even junkies :pac:

Even junkies :pac:

I could be taking this out of context but sorry, what?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Well if you're a Rangers fan obviously rioting would be more par for the course for you obviously following a defeat, but not all groups of fans let their disappointment manifest itself through vast civil disorder

I am not advocating disorder and you know that. Moreover, I would be the first to take issue with any bad behavior that my fellow fans engage in. My point still stands. If you pay a small fortune to follow your team, it hard to understand how any genuine fan would be in the mood for any sort of tomfoolery after a 3-0 loss. I know a few hardcore RoI fans who go to every game, home and away. They were 'sick and angry with the team' after the game yesterday. That is what a proper fan should feel like, in my mind.
    I could be taking this out of context but sorry, what?!

The post is missing a 't' I suspect. (Even => Even't')

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Debate over...it was confirmed at yesterdays match

389314.jpg

Berserker wrote: »
    I am not advocating disorder and you know that. Moreover, I would be the first to take issue with any bad behavior that my fellow fans engage in. My point still stands. If you pay a small fortune to follow your team, it hard to understand how any genuine fan would be in the mood for any sort of tomfoolery after a 3-0 loss. I know a few hardcore RoI fans who go to every game, home and away. They were 'sick and angry with the team' after the game yesterday. That is what a proper fan should feel like, in my mind.

I certainly wasn't implying you were advocating disorder. My point was that the reaction of the Irish fans, while perhaps not to your taste, shouldn't even register for you as a concern given the sort of reactions you'd be more accustomed to as a Rangers fan

I certainly wasn't implying you were advocating disorder. My point was that the reaction of the Irish fans, while perhaps not to your taste, shouldn't even register for you as a concern given the sort of reactions you'd be more accustomed to as a Rangers fan

That's crazy stuff. You're basically saying that because he supports Rangers his opinion on the issue being discussed counts for nothing.
    So much for free speech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm not sure I can bring any balance to this debate, but I'll try.

I haven't travelled to an away game since Croatia in 1999. That night we conceeded to a Davor Suker "Sucker" punch in the 94th minute. We didn't sing and dance in the stadium afterwards. We were dejected, disappointed and very down. It took a few hours and a few beers to get over the fact that we lost at such a late stage. We had a good time later on, but it was spent discussing the game and our position within the group. I eventually opted out of the play off trip to Turkey after the draw in Dublin. I genuinely couldn't face another trip on the road with a mortgage and all that jazz on the horizon.

Prior to my "retirement":D I had been very fortunate to be in Germany in 1988 at a very young age. That of course was new ground for us in terms of away trips. But my abiding memory in the Parkstadion after the game was one of complete deflation. We sang a song or two later, but once again we discussed the game in detail. There was no mass celebration in the streets of Gelsenkirchen.

I couldn't afford Italia 90 or USA 94 and I won't go into the other away trips I made prior to 99. But the overwhelming factor for me was that travelling fans took defeat to heart and we never felt like the "best fans in the world" just because we had a few post match beers and didn't wreck the place. It was an accidental label applied in an era where English fans were on the rampage and now our media and parts of our support base are embracing it far more than its warranted. It probably really manifested itself in 2012 with social media and a post Celtic Tiger attitude.

Had I been in Bordeaux yesterday, I would have left the ground disgusted. Yes I would have had a few beers, but I would have wanted to discuss the game and the state of our international team rather than standing in the street acting like a complete arsehole who's team had just been hammered. Of course I'm old hat and not from the younger generation that has travelled to France. Euro 16 and Euro 12 before it, really highlighted to me that an element of the "finals" support is just dominated by people on the piss playing on the media fed sterotype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm not sure I can bring any balance to this debate, but I'll try.

I haven't travelled to an away game since Croatia in 1999. That night we conceeded to a Davor Suker "Sucker" punch in the 94th minute. We didn't sing and dance in the stadium afterwards. We were dejected, disappointed and very down. It took a few hours and a few beers to get over the fact that we lost at such a late stage. We had a good time later on, but it was spent discussing the game and our position within the group. I eventually opted out of the play off trip to Turkey after the draw in Dublin. I genuinely couldn't face another trip on the road with a mortgage and all that jazz on the horizon.

Prior to my "retirement":D I had been very fortunate to be in Germany in 1988 at a very young age. That of course was new ground for us in terms of away trips. But my abiding memory in the Parkstadion after the game was one of complete deflation. We sang a song or two later, but once again we discussed the game in detail. There was no mass celebration in the streets of Gelsenkirchen.

I couldn't afford Italia 90 or USA 94 and I won't go into the other away trips I made prior to 99. But the overwhelming factor for me was that travelling fans took defeat to heart and we never felt like the "best fans in the world" just because we had a few post match beers and didn't wreck the place. It was an accidental label applied in an era where English fans were on the rampage and now our media and parts of our support base are embracing it far more than its warranted. It probably really manifested itself in 2012 with social media and a post Celtic Tiger attitude.

Had I been in Bordeaux yesterday, I would have left the ground disgusted. Yes I would have had a few beers, but I would have wanted to discuss the game and the state of our international team rather than standing in the street acting like a complete arsehole who's team had just been hammered. Of course I'm old hat and not from the younger generation that has travelled to France. Euro 16 and Euro 12 before it, really highlighted to me that an element of the "finals" support is just dominated by people on the piss playing on the media fed sterotype.
    What you've highlighted is the difference between football fans and football tourists, but mostly the despairing nature of Ireland's drinking culture.

While most of the Irish at the Euros are supporting the team and probably have an interest in football, almost everything they do and how they organise their day revolves around drink. Just look at some of the RTE reports on the fans in France, "sore heads this morning" "dehydrated" "get the water into us before tonight" etc. Which is fine. But it's also terribly depressing in a way. Call me a dry arse or a begrudger all you like, but at the end of the day there is nothing inspiring or laudable about that kind of behaviour. Regardless of what the British or Russians are up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Canadel wrote: »
    What you've highlighted is the difference between football fans and football tourists, but mostly the despairing nature of Ireland's drinking culture.

While most of the Irish at the Euros are supporting the team and probably have an interest in football, almost everything they do and how they organise their day revolves around drink. Just look at some of the RTE reports on the fans in France, "sore heads this morning" "dehydrated" "get the water into us before tonight" etc. Which is fine. But it's also terribly depressing in a way. Call me a dry arse or a begrudger all you like, but at the end of the day there is nothing inspiring or laudable about that kind of behaviour. Regardless of what the British or Russians are up to.

Actually your football fans and football tourists description probably sums it up for me. Things have obviously changed.

• Advertisement

Precisely, they should be on an internet forum waffling on about grassroot football and James McCarthy or going to a museum, not bathing in what is a magnificent atmosphere and once in a lifetime holiday.

Shock horror as young Irish men go on holiday and drink and have fun. Inquest by people sitting with a laptop in their bedroom to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The team are piss poor and playing awful football. Things will never change unless the fans show their disappointment. Most of the fans over in France are just there for the piss up with the football a distant second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Aidric wrote: »

After the game there was no singing for the sake of it. The tram back to the center was civilised and quiet, chatting with Belgian fans and wishing them the best. The Irish zone around the Connemara bar was in reflective mood, just fans having beers and a laugh but no rowdy stuff.

The French locals and Belgians seemed to appreciate the good humour we injected in to the city for the weekend. It's easy to cast judgement from a distance but having been there the reality among the majority is far different to the rubbish posted on balls.ie

When I went to the Indo a few hours after the game , they had a link showing the Irish and Belgians celebrating post game - I was hurting myself after such a drubbing - then today the Indo are advertising for vids of the Irish celebrating - I know I know - the Indo is become a real Irish rag - cause in 2 weeks they will be telling everyone the horrors of Irish binge drinking - anything to sell the rubbish it has become

What a fantastic post from 'Grandeeod'.
    Well-written, passionate and informative.
    Good on ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Precisely, they should be on an internet forum waffling on about grassroot football and James McCarthy or going to a museum, not bathing in what is a magnificent atmosphere and once in a lifetime holiday.

Shock horror as young Irish men go on holiday and drink and have fun. Inquest by people sitting with a laptop in their bedroom to follow.
    The majority of lads at the Euros, same as in Poland four years ago, are their for the piss up as much as for the football. Nothing wrong with that. But it is a reflection on our drinking culture. And as the personal post from a user above said, it has probably swung in recent years towards being there more for the drinking and the singing when you're losing, rather than primarily for the football.

If Ireland were to progress in the tournament past say the first knock out stages, the best place to be for an Irish fan would be in Dublin city centre.

"I missed Italia 90. I was in Italy." ~ Con Houlihan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Bin liners......

I laughed.

I agree with Grandeods post but I dont think you can differentiate between who is a better fan than the other by the manner fans behaved back then and what is happening now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

thebaz wrote: »
    NIMAN wrote: »
    How dare they!

But have they changed any flat tyres yet? Well, have they?

probably , but doubt they post it all over fb & twitter with ther local Indo bigging it up as news headlines.

again is it a sign of great fans , out celebrating as if we have won , fairweather fans I would think more than dedicated best fans. Defeat in soccer or any sport -- hurts like ****
    I can't watch the tire changing video because of the smug prat talking into the camera "this is the difference between Irish and English fans". Enough of the f***ing inferiority complex already!!

The majority of lads at the Euros, same as in Poland four years ago, are their for the piss up as much as for the football. Nothing wrong with that. But it is a reflection on our drinking culture. And as the personal post from a user above said, it has probably swung in recent years towards being there more for the drinking and the singing when you're losing, rather than primarily for the football.

If Ireland were to progress in the tournament past say the first knock out stages, the best place to be for an Irish fan would be in Dublin city centre.

"I missed Italia 90. I was in Italy." ~ Con Houlihan

The atmosphere that encapsulated Ireland in 1990 can never nor never will be replicated. Completely different society back then.
    The atmosphere, if we got a knockout win in Paris would be far more powerful for fans over there than in Dublin. The detachment from the national team and the lack of enthusiasm and love for them has diminished utterly, as seen by 99% of the posts on these threads. Its one thing to criticise the team on merit but there is rarely any credit, perspective and respect given to the majority of the team anymore.

People waiting for a mistake to get a loud post in.

A bit of empathy towards the players who, themselves, had a nightmare in Bordeaux wouldnt go amiss as well as criticism for the many errors;.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ever hear the old adage, "self praise is no praise".

Some Ireland fans might take it on board. Humility is a great thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

NIMAN wrote: »
    Ever hear the old adage, "self praise is no praise".

Some Ireland fans might take it on board. Humility is a great thing.

"Live and let live" is another good one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

I can see where some of the more hardcore fans are coming from. If you're this happy after a loss it cheapens the effect a win would have.

That said, most of these fans are on holiday and aren't hardcore fans no matter how many times they sing fields of athenry. The holiday mood will take over and you don't want to spend days that you've spent good money on to go to waste. I'd do the same myself I think. But I can see how it annoys football fans that have the 'football is most important thing in life' mindset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I can see where some of the more hardcore fans are coming from. If you're this happy after a loss it cheapens the effect a win would have.

That said, most of these fans are on holiday and aren't hardcore fans no matter how many times they sing fields of athenry. The holiday mood will take over and you don't want to spend days that you've spent good money on to go to waste. I'd do the same myself I think. But I can see how it annoys football fans that have the 'football is most important thing in life' mindset.

don't buy the money/holiday thing - Liverpool, Spurs, Galatasary, Man United, Shamrock Rovers fans are not all loaded , they pay good money to go away , yet when ther teams lose you don't see them celebrating so quickly - no doubt the media is whipping it up - as one who celebrate madly in '88 and '90 and '94 - there just seams more fans today who are ther to drink and be overly silly rather than real hardcore football fans.

thebaz wrote: »
    don't buy the money/holiday thing - Liverpool, Spurs, Galatasary, Man United, Shamrock Rovers fans are not all loaded , they pay good money to go away , yet when ther teams lose you don't see them celebrating so quickly - no doubt the media is whipping it up - as one who celebrate madly in '88 and '90 and '94 - there just seams more fans today who are ther to drink and be overly silly rather than real hardcore football fans.

drinking and enjoying yourself and being a hardcore fan are mutually exclusive?
    Of course there is bandwagoners over there, that baby in the crowd being a prime example. Bet he/she didnt go to the Gibraltar away game.

The fanzone system has influenced this trend of all day drunken partying but tbh, the internet is not going to show videos of fans after a game analysing the game with a few pints, its going to show the crazy viral fun videos.

Plenty of despondent fans over there who also want to enjoy themselves.

Its just so judgemental to classify them as less fanatical than yester year due to the fact they are sucked into the party environment that tournaments attract now.
    We binge drink in Ireland, that is a problem and that is why we and English fans stand out . However we get drunk at funerals in Ireland and often have a sing song also mourning the death?

My point is, you can be both a hardcore fan and asomeone who enjoys bathing in the atmosphere of tournament football also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

All this shows is that those complaining waste far too much of their time on sites like joe.ie, facebook and the likes. Such simple, uneducated tastes. Very easily avoided.

• Advertisement

That's crazy stuff. You're basically saying that because he supports Rangers his opinion on the issue being discussed counts for nothing.
    So much for free speech.

That wasn't my point at all. My point was that if you've seen fans of your club riot and fight on numerous occasions, the behaviour of the Irish fan in comparison should come as a welcome relief

That wasn't my point at all. My point was that if you've seen fans of your club riot and fight on numerous occasions, the behaviour of the Irish fan in comparison should come as a welcome relief

:confused:

Lying down in a darkened room for days on end might come as an even more welcome 'relief', rather then recalling the horror of *rubs hand through imaginary hair on bald head*..the horror...the horror
    What was it again that Rangers fans did - as opposed to football fans generally - that was so repugnant as to render any opinion by one of its supporters on a football related topic utterly meaningless?

:confused:

Lying down in a darkened room for days on end might come as an even more welcome 'relief', rather then recalling the horror of *rubs hand through imaginary hair on bald head*..the horror...the horror
    What was it again that Rangers fans did - as opposed to football fans generally - that was so repugnant as to render any opinion by one of its supporters on a football related topic utterly meaningless?

Jesus, it's not that ****ing hard to understand. My point was simply that if you're somewhat accustomed to fans of your club rioting or fighting after defeats, then surely the behaviour of Irish fans should hardly be much of an issue for you given that on the scale of evils, it hardly registers when compared to the likes of the recent Scottish Cup final, or Manchester etc

Jesus, it's not that ****ing hard to understand. My point was simply that if you're somewhat accustomed to fans of your club rioting or fighting after defeats, then surely the behaviour of Irish fans should hardly be much of an issue for you given that on the scale of evils, it hardly registers when compared to the likes of the recent Scottish Cup final, or Manchester etc

I thought Hibs fans were the cause of the rumpus at the Scottish Cup Final??
    Typical, blame Rangers for everything.
    Here's hoping that you also keep your beady eye out for those dastardly Hibernian fans who might have something to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

The albanians have better fans than us.

And a better team too.

I thought Hibs fans were the cause of the rumpus at the Scottish Cup Final??
    Typical, blame Rangers for everything.
    Here's hoping that you also keep your beady eye out for those dastardly Hibernian fans who might have something to say!

Ffs, what does it even matter? My point is that fans were fighting with each other after the game on the pitch. Relative to this, high spirits and a bit of singing from the Irish fans should hardly register as a concern.

I hear they'll go home for the French police and strictly observe the appropriate mourning period after defeat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

See I'm going to the Italy game wednesday. It'll my first ever tournament game but I've been to plenty of home games (competitive and friendly) and have never missed watching a game since I was about 6 unless it was out of my control and if we lose I'll be devastated. But as I said on another thread, at the end, I'll be singing my heart out to show support to the players for their efforts and to show our "you'll never beat the Irish" attitude. I'll also be drinking and dancing and partying and having as much fun as I can. You can care about the match and still party, and still sing at full time even if you are crushed.

• Advertisement

I hear they'll go home for the French police and strictly observe the appropriate mourning period after defeat

Or at least be genuinely disappointed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I can understand the argument though that after the debacle of the Belgium game and such a shameful performance, 'proper' fans would be very dejected and down and in poor form. I know if I was over there I would be.

Yet within an hour we had videos of Irish fans partying in fountains and singing along with celebrating Belgium fans. To me, these people are those who either (1) have no interest in how the team do or how they play, or (2) they automatically thought "bolix to this, I'll not get on Joe.ie if I am in bad humour, I must still act the candy man and enjoy myself", or indeed (3) "The world expects us Irish to still party, so I'm going to do just that, can't have the world not liking us any more".

Ffs, what does it even matter? My point is that fans were fighting with each other after the game on the pitch. Relative to this, high spirits and a bit of singing from the Irish fans should hardly register as a concern.

'Concern'??

The thread topic is 'Best fans in the World', he's just as entitled to his opinion as a Rangers fan, as any fan of any team, regardless of their reputation - justified or not - for hooliganism.
    Whether he's 'concerned' or not is by the by.

What does "best fans in the world" even mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its just a friendly media created bit of fun! People taking this far too seriously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The 'are they not entitled to have a bit of fun' posts are the worst here. Everyone is entitled to have fun but when you actually want to and are having a party while your team is in the process of being badly beaten, making it really difficult to qualify for the next round, then I think your motivations for being in France are being shown up fairly plainly.

With that said, do I think there is anything wrong with going to France to get pissed and have a laugh, rather than as ardent football fans? Absolutely not. Who hasn't gone on holidays to get pissed? Only a very small few.

But it doesn't fit the narrative of the Irish being great football fans does it? Great laugh and great craic on a night out? Maybe, if the Yaya/Kolo sort of banter is what you're into.

But there's no question we're among the worst fans in Europe. We don't have the Russian hooligans or anything which is good, just general disinterest in any Irish football (domestic or international) unless we manage to make it to a major competition.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Best one yet:
    These Irish Fans Singing A Lullaby To A French Baby Will Make You Proud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

my motivation is to highlight that the title of " best fans in the world" is baseless, overstated, oversold, and being latched onto primarily by irish click bait social media sites and unfortunately has permeated into the mainstream media too.

We get it. You dont need to keep repeating yourself over and over again. You don't like fun. You despise offers having the time of their lives. Lighten up a little you might actually enjoy it if you're over there.

Only sheep fall for the best fans in the world tag. Perhaps if Joe.ie and balls.ie highlighted and reported on league of Ireland games with more coverage then we might get some of these 'fans' supporting their local sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Irish_rat wrote: »
    We get it. You dont need to keep repeating yourself over and over again. You don't like fun. You despise offers having the time of their lives. Lighten up a little you might actually enjoy it if you're over there.

Only sheep fall for the best fans in the world tag. Perhaps if Joe.ie and balls.ie highlighted and reported on league of Ireland games with more coverage then we might get some of these 'fans' supporting their local sides.
    To be fair, if this is your opinion, then you should direct your frustrations at the person who made the 'Best fans in the world' thread. Because you are participating in the same discussion no less than him, or now, me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

CSF wrote: »
    The 'are they not entitled to have a bit of fun' posts are the worst here.

Nah. The "They should stop being drunk and jovial when the 3rd goal goes in" are the worst for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Best one yet:

F*cking hell where will this cringy crap end. All these people are thinking are "let's record this and send it to Joe.ie"

Embarrassing to be Irish.

Best one yet:

A few other muppets were serenading a nun with 'our father' on a train. To be honest thats cringey attention seeking shíte but i wouldnt tar every fan out there with this nonsense. harmless fair enough, but very cringey

• Advertisement
Advertisement