Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MY DOG MISSING TODAY :(

• 15-06-2012 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

OUR 8 MONTH OLD HUSKY WENT MISSING TODAY IN THE CABINTEELY AREA AT 1 O CLOCK . HE WAS SPOTTED AT 3 AGAIN IN THE AREA BUT NOT SEEN SINCE . PLEASE SHARE THIS AND HELP ME FIND HIM. ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT CABINTEELY/KILL O THE GRANGE GARDA STATION . THANKS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

master1
    You are better off if you can post a viewable picture.

Buddy_thumb_5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Dodd? Can you transfer that pic to the other thread?

I havent a clue, I would if I knew how.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 master1

Dodd wrote: »
    master1
    You are better off if you can post a viewable picture.

Buddy_thumb_5.jpg

dunno why it didn't upload :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Chucken wrote: »
    Dodd? Can you transfer that pic to the other thread?

I havent a clue, I would if I knew how.

Done.

Dodd wrote: »
    Done.

thanks dodd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Why have you taken a picture from the Irish Sled Dog Welfare facebook page to use as picture of your dog?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=400862866626492&set=a.285682054811241.69579.120725751306873&type=1

Are you actually missing a dog?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Are you the person who had just given him a new home? It says on facebook that they had just found someone to take him (that was 22 hours ago at this moment)??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I received an email about this dog a few days ago, saying it had been put out on the street and a family had taken it in, but couldn't keep it. I put the details up on our Facebook page, then got an email from the people who had taken it in, saying they had found a home for it.

OP, are you the person that rehomed it a few days ago?

I have checked with the person who originally contacted me, and the OP is the person who rehomed this dog, so this is all genuine.

OP, I guess as this dog had joined your family so recently, that he isn't microchipped to you yet?

ISDW wrote: »
    I have checked with the person who originally contacted me, and the OP is the person who rehomed this dog, so this is all genuine.

OP, I guess as this dog had joined your family so recently, that he isn't microchipped to you yet?

Sorry about the late reply , i am the person who rehomed this dog last Sunday but Thursday afternoon the little fecker found a gap in the boundary fencing i didn't even know was there :( He went missing at 1 p.m on thursday and was seen in the area again at 3pm . I searched in the pissing rain for him untill 2.30 am friday morning and after several changes of clothes i gave up :( woke the next morning and first thing made my calls to the warden , local vets and put up some posters in local shops, an hour later i received a phone call from the warden to say he picked my dog up in my area and was taking him to the ashton dog pound :) 122 euro and a few hours i had my dog back , confused and very dirty. Nothing a bath and some tlc couldn't handle :) Again sorry about the late reply i should have updated this quicker . Thanks for the interest . John .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Aw thats great news. I'm delighted for you...and doggie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Ahhh - thats brilliant!! :D Im delighted for you - hes a georgous looking dog - hope all goes well now for you. Great you gave him a new home also.

cheers lads delighted to get him back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Vince32

That was more than lucky! I'm glad you got your dog back, my heart was in my throat reading these posts. Huskies are a fantastic breed and your doing such a wonderful thing re-homing a dog.

No more close calls ok? :) and enjoy your new companion

Vince32 wrote: »
    That was more than lucky! I'm glad you got your dog back, my heart was in my throat reading these posts. Huskies are a fantastic breed and your doing such a wonderful thing re-homing a dog.

No more close calls ok? :) and enjoy your new companion

Haha hopefully not vince i have ordered in some new fencing so hope to have that sorted asap :) they are escape artists so better make sure its done right lol , he'd get out of a straight jacket this fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

Delighted he's back.

Good luck with the fencing.

As the owner of a Houndini (not a husky) myself, keep an eye on him - our fella found holes in fences that had contained 2 dogs before him!! Even when we'd re-fence, little brat would either find another or he'd manage to pull down the fence!

Our only positive was he just wanted to get out, rather than go anywhere, he'd get out and then come around to the gate and look cute until he was left back in!!

It's 2 or 3 months now since he last found/created a new hole, but I still can't relax and if he's outside, I'm constantly back and forth to window to check on him.

Good luck!

spur wrote: »
    Delighted he's back.

Good luck with the fencing.

As the owner of a Houndini (not a husky) myself, keep an eye on him - our fella found holes in fences that had contained 2 dogs before him!! Even when we'd re-fence, little brat would either find another or he'd manage to pull down the fence!

Our only positive was he just wanted to get out, rather than go anywhere, he'd get out and then come around to the gate and look cute until he was left back in!!

It's 2 or 3 months now since he last found/created a new hole, but I still can't relax and if he's outside, I'm constantly back and forth to window to check on him.

Good luck!

Yea i think this fella is the same he just wants to get out for the sake of getting out its like a task for him haha but the prob is he isn't 100 percent sure of his new area yet and he might not find his way back so i just wanna keep him in at least long enough till i get him to know where his home is

master1 wrote: »
    Yea i think this fella is the same he just wants to get out for the sake of getting out its like a task for him haha but the prob is he isn't 100 percent sure of his new area yet and he might not find his way back so i just wanna keep him in at least long enough till i get him to know where his home is

Please, please, please secure the garden and don't assume that if he gets out after a while he will know how to get home. Huskies need completely secure gardens, they can and do cover big distances in a very short time, have very high prey drive, so can be lured away by cats, the smell of neighbour's rabbits, guinea pigs etc. It doesn't matter if he knows where he lives, it still won't stop him being hit by a car or being stolen. Huskies are very popular as bait dogs unfortunately by dog fighters, because of how they grimace when scared. If your dog is out loose there is a very good chance he will be picked up by somebody and used as a bait dog. Also, please don't walk him off the lead, buy a long lead if you need to, but please keep him safe.

Advertisement