Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone want to buy a 7 week old boy?

Options
  • 15-06-2012 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭

or even rent him between the hours of 7pm and 11pm?

Grand young fella. Lovely little hands and is totes adorable. Just screams the place down for about 4hrs and it's driving me bananas.
    it will never stop.

any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Aw! Do you use a sling for him?

If he is colicky wearing a sling can help.

Is he breast or bottle fed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

No sling, what is this sling you speak of?

breast fed.

last night was just painful. Please tell me it gets better.

I can take the holding, the attention but the screaming is killing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

He could have colic or could be sensitive to dairy. Cut out dairy in your diet and see if it makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I can guarntee you at 16 weeks he will be over it! My man was the same, colic and reflux. he lived in the sling from 7-11pm. Does he jerk his knees up to his hips now and then when he is fussing? Does he ever look as if he is re swallowing his dripple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

my youngest was colicky... the screaming would start like clockwork at about 7pm and last for 3 hours! I cut dairy out of my diet completely which really helped.
    When things were really bad I would stand beside the sink with the tap on at full blast as the sound of water gushing seemed to soothe him for some reason.

• Advertisement

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I can guarntee you at 16 weeks he will be over it! My man was the same, colic and reflux. he lived in the sling from 7-11pm. Does he jerk his knees up to his hips now and then when he is fussing? Does he ever look as if he is re swallowing his dripple?

Yeah he does that thing with his legs, what is that?

I have to look into this sling thing. I haven't noticed the swallowing dribble.

Thanks for the tips! more please :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

we had that with ours. he cried on cue for 2 hours straight and then stopped.
    try getting your hands on some gripe water. its the best there s for colic.

It lasted a few weeks and then stopped as abruptly as it started.

you could also try a few ounces of warm water with some sugar in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Leftist wrote: »

No sling, what is this sling you speak of?

breast fed.

last night was just painful. Please tell me it gets better.

I can take the holding, the attention but the screaming is killing me.

Well a sling is a piece of soft cloth fashioned into a holding pouch for you to carry your baby in on your body. I used a snuggly sling, look up baby wearing Ireland for tips and suggestions (there's also a whole forum about it on rollercoaster).

Babies love to be held suuuuuper close to parents at this age, colicky or not. It makes them secure and relaxed. Tgats why the first three months are sometimes called the fourth trimester.

You can hire or borrow slings to find the right one for your baby.

Also a breastfed baby will love to feed at night time. They love lots of cluster feeds, it helps them so much and its why the easiest thing for mammy to do is to get the feet up, sit on couch, favourites on tv and feed baby as much as baby looks for. It settles down very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 djbrian101

Hi there look in the chemist for a bottle called DR. BROWNS'S . These are a life saver for any child with collic or reflux , on the other hand if you know who has the cure .

thanks guys, his mam bought a wrap but the instructions look about as user friendly as making a persian rug with boxing gloves. I like a challenge, well truth is I hate a challenge and the last thing I need is to spend an hour making this thing up when he's screaming.

But good tips, thank you. I like the cluster feed thing, might try to convince his mammy to do that. ;)

As for buying remedies unfortunetly I have emigrated to eastern europe and none of these things are available in those brands, we've tried things I can't even pronounce but I know they are wind related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

You can get slings that are basically like a fabric backpack but for the front, mine is a TOMY one, you can probably order them online and delivered anywhere you are. They are as easy to put on as 2 shoulder clips and 1 waist strap. Very handy for out and about too so you really get your moneys worth.

Mine is not colicky thank god, but still likes cluster feeds at that time of the evening, so that would probably help too.

It will pass, hopefully sooner rather than later! Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I can guarntee you at 16 weeks he will be over it! My man was the same, colic and reflux. ?

Not necessarily - at 6 months now and not much improvement... Op have you taken him to the doc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

the wrap can be tricky to start off with, BUT you can take the baby in and out of it without taking the wrap off. It's well worth getting the hang of. There are videos on youtube on how to wrap correctly and safely.
    If it's colic/reflux being upright in the wrap will help the baby. It's also soo handy if you need to get anything done around the house.
    Baby just wants to feel safe and close to mama (or dad) at this early age, so the wraps are perfect for this.

About other slings- I'd just advise to read up about them, as some (the ones that tend to go forward facing after a certain age) are known to increase the risk of hip dysplasia because of the narrow seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭deemy

U might be able to get fennel tea where u are?? it was a godsend for my 1st wen he was colicy from 6weeks ish. If u can get the leaf its better but fennel tea bag will do the job. we used to make it as u would do normal tea, cool it and give him half oz-oz b4 feeding if possible. There is light at the end of the tunnel eventhough it mighten seem like it at the moment. Hope the poor mite settles for ye. hth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The re-swallowing the dribble was reflux, stomach acid comming back up, my baby would get that after i got his wind up. I would feed him and spend ages winding him, then put him in the sling / wrap and about 30 mins later he would wind again and then the acid would come up. When this happened he would want to be fed again, que same thing all over again. I thought you could get gripe water in poland or 'dill remedy' i tried drinking camomile tea and giving the tea to baby too. Both my babies were much better after 16 weeks, my heart goes out to anyone who had this for longer than that.

Advertisement