Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rFactor 2 weekly race event

• 15-06-2012 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi all,

I really need something to look forward to with sim racing, I love sim racing but without something to look forward to I tend to just fool around in single player mod and never really get good at any car or track.

So I had a plan and wanted to check if other people where up to it.

Here is the plan and this is not set in stone, it is more of an idea to see what other people think and I am more than open to changes to make it fit all of us.

The plan:
    Race setup: 30min practice, 30min qualify and 20 lap race. This gives people 1 hour to drop in before the race starts. The winner picks track and car for next session. If the same person wins two weeks in a row, the racer in second place will pick car/track. Not really a league but more just for fun. Below you can see my suggestions and what/where I would like to drive, please post what you would like and we go from there. I want to make this fun for everyone. Have access to teamspeak server as well so we can chat! =)

Car:
    Formula Renault 3.5, I am loving this car.

Track:
    Portugal

Day:
    Wednesday 20th June 8pm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Right, I'm in, I've no mike though, :( I have a bluetooth headset that I used to use with my playstation 3, I could try to connect this to the PC, my keyboard and mouse are wireless, so there must be some way of doing it..

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

The car and track choice cool with you _HULK_SMASH!?

Where you live _HULK_SMASH!?, I have a old headset at home you could have, the headphones suck big time but the mic works good =)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

c0rn3y wrote: »
    Hi all,

I really need something to look forward to with sim racing, I love sim racing but without something to look forward to I tend to just fool around in single player mod and never really get good at any car or track.

So I had a plan and wanted to check if other people where up to it.

Here is the plan and this is not set in stone, it is more of an idea to see what other people think and I am more than open to changes to make it fit all of us.

The plan:
    Race setup: 30min practice, 30min qualify and 20 lap race. This gives people 1 hour to drop in before the race starts. The winner picks track and car for next session. If the same person wins two weeks in a row, the racer in second place will pick car/track. Not really a league but more just for fun. Below you can see my suggestions and what/where I would like to drive, please post what you would like and we go from there. I want to make this fun for everyone. Have access to teamspeak server as well so we can chat! =)

Car:
    Formula Renault 3.5, I am loving this car.

Track:
    Portugal

Day:
    Wednesday 20th June 8pm.

Fair play on trying to organize this but in my experience of many years on this forum you simply wont get the numbers mate.
    There have been countless similar attempts and great intentions over the years but imo we will never see the numbers here to make the effort worthwhile.
    As i say fair play etc but if i were to offer advice and give you something to do and look forward to is head over to racedepartment.com and get involved in their club [which offers nightly fun racing in a clean envoirnment] and/or sign up for one of their many leagues.
    There are many more clubs and leagues out there but RD just springs to mind as its a very well run outfit with a huge community.

Yeah I have browsed the forum and can see that many have tried before, but so far I have got together 5 people I think. I will give it a try and see how it goes.

You coming along Dcully? Comon give it a try =)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Might join this. Won't be able to play for about a week or so though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

What's the TS IP : Port C0rn3y?

Need to get this setup ASAP if I am to be ready for wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

whats t like compared to iracing lads, might try and get it if its good

Oh dear Lord, what have I gotten myself in for.....Cant keep the bloody car on the track!
    Can you give me some idea of the laptimes your doing c0rn3y? I feel like im crawling round corners, I must admit, the Renault 3.5 is the car I've least messed around in and I'm paying for it..

Cant believe this thing is a formula car...Seems to have no downforce at all, havent messed with the setting yet, must have a fiddle tonight :)

TS tonight C0rn3y?

D-day -1 and still haven't got anything ready for this event!!!

Hey boys,

SOOO sorry for my late reply. Been crazy at work. M

My lap times are not good and I have done nothing with the setup of the car as I suck at that hehe. I am getting around 1:30, sometimes a bit less and sometimes a bit more.

The TS server is down at the moment and I am trying to get my m8 to restart it for me (it is in Sweden on a 155mbit connect), just gave him a phone call and he should have it up soon. As soon as it is up I will post IP and port here. Sorry for the delay. My m8 should have a dedicated server up and running as well by tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed here.

Steffano2002, if you explain what is feeling wrong for you I can maybe help you from here over the forum =)

OO and btw I didnt pick this car because I can drive it hehe, I drive other ones WAY better hehe. Its just that I love that it feels like a big gokart and it bounces sometimes around the corners hehe =)

• Advertisement

Hey C0rn3y!

Hope you can help me tomorrow with this Before it kicks off! Will try to connect as early as possible in the evening (but have to go to a friend's house first...).

Bad news =(

My m8 is rebuilding his server at this very moment and it maybe wont be up and running. He is doing his best though. If he cant get it running lets just join a random empty server and go from there. Sound like an idea? We can vote on most things I think.

I do want to get this up and running as it would be damn fun to look forward to it every week =)

So don't give up on me yet please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

I might be able to join you the odd week, need to get more practice in first though, still getting to grips with the game.

ok, should be on at 8....I think my name might be Desmolad, must check..

There is a server named: Formula Renault 3.5

Hehe thought that would be easy to remember. It has been empty when I have checked before but its all good if others join. And please do understand I am no good with this car this is why its good to pick it, nothing like a good race to teach you hehe.

Ill be in about 8:20, got to feed dogs.

Oyeah Im McCullough in rFactor2

Dont seem to be able to log in, it says mod not installed, anyone else able to get in?

it says series installed: no

Mod not found.

I can join other rooms with other cars and tracks..

Find one that you can join and write it here and we join that one.

ISR FORMULA MASTER

going to try to join that one now.

ISR FORMULA MASTER

Do we have a TeamSpeak server?!?!?

• Advertisement

There was no teamspeak server or dedicated server yesterday. Just me and _HULK_SMASH! running laps in the Formula masters. Damn I am slow hehe.

Was good fun though!

I couldn't get rF2 running last night on my PC. For some reason it wouldn't run when installed in the default folder (under Program File x86) so I installed somewhere else and now it works!

Only played a few minutes but if you're up for it let me know and I'll find a TS we can share!

Yeah, me and c0rn3y had a good laugh the other night, would have been nice if more had have joined in, hopefully more of you will join as we go along.

Online stuff is a sweet mystery to me, the whole connection to server thing seems like your not in control of things.. Couldn't connect to certain rooms, had a weird online name "null" and racetrack switching with no apparent voting system..

still early days I suppose..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Only just seen the thread...

Wouldn't mind joining you lads if thats ok....

When you planning next session?

Is this on tomorrow? Me and a mate are in so lets get this going!

Hopefully c0rn3y will remember its on tonight! lol.

I'll be on, hopefully before 8 if I can..

Would like to try the 60s GP Classics at Monaco perhaps...

Anyone like to try that one?

Hopefully I can bloody connect to that one...

Post back here tonight If there's any probs..

Clive.

Hi all,

Server is just about up and running now. Had to be moved to a different location. Connection is not as good as the first place but should do just fine. I will post back IP and pass as soon as it is up and running. If there should be any issues there are many empty servers around.

@Steffano2002: Did you get your issues with rFactor2 sorted? If not I hope to have it all up and running before the race so we can chat on TS.

60s GP Classics at Monaco sounds good to me, should we pick the F1's? Both the F1's and F3's are nice but SOOOO insane hard to drive hehe but I do like them. It does help using the clutch when shifting and not use autoclutch. I found that felt better, not sure that will help anyone =)

And remember we start 8pm Irish time so that's 9pm for anybody over in the rest of Europe (10pm if you in Finland hehe).

Make sure everything is up to date, see links below.

FULL INSTALLER (This is probably what you want first)
    Main download: Build 90 (491 MB). Torrent: Build 90.

MANUAL UPDATE from Build 85 (Not required if you use the full installer)
    Update download: 85-90 (48.1 MB). Torrent: 85-90.

- 1960's World Class Racing
    Main download: v1.0 (716 MB). Torrent: v1.0.
    Required updates v1.1 (175 MB). Torrent: v1.1.

- Brianza (Historic layout in case we have to race on random server and this track is running)
    Main download: v1.0 (278 MB). Torrent: v1.0.

TS Server up and running. Didn't put any password on it as I don't think we need that. Connect even if you don't have a mic, that way you can hear what we are saying.

TS Server IP: 83.254.93.155:9987

Click here for link to download TeamSpeak 3.

TS server is up and running see above post for IP.

Game server is called: Kenneth

I know its a funny name but it is just testing =)

• Advertisement

You still online Kenneth? I was out all evening unfortunately... :(

That was good stuff. Was damn fun!!! This is what I have been looking forward to for a long time =)

Those 1960 F1 cars are wonderful!!

Server will be up at 6pm next Wednesday. Will pick car and track tomorrow for nest week.

Be there!! =)

This was AWESOME!!!

Thanks for organising this C0rn3y! We had a great time! Those 1960's car are fecking brilliant! The game "feels" so good!

Definitely in every Wednesday now! And so is my mate! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kotten

I love old F1 cars, no brakes no traction but a large engine.
    It was a great race thanks everyone.

Yeah that was GREAT fun. So looking forward to next week. I will pick a track and car during my lunch today so we all have LOADS of time to practice if we want.

Thanks Kotten for running the TS & rF2 server, worked very very well.

Being on TS makes it so much more fun when you can slag/praise each other =)

Next Race - Wednesday 4th July, 8pm (Irish time)

Car: Renault Megane Trophy
    Track: Mills Metro Park

Practice: 30min
    Qualify: 30min
    Race: 15 laps

You can find some setups that other people have made over at www.racedepartment.com

- Renault Megane Trophy
    Main download: v1.0 (822 MB). Torrent: v1.0.
    Required updates: v1.1 (125 MB). Torrent: v1.1.

• Advertisement

Does the above car and track work ok for everyone?

Does the above car and track work ok for everyone?

apart from that my steering wheel came lose from the table the cars seems fine.
    PS. these cars do both turn and brake :eek:

apart from that my steering wheel came lose from the table the cars seems fine.

That made me smile a lot hehe. Could nearly picture it happen, did you you try to keep on driving and hook it back up at the same time? Because that would have been fun to watch hehe =)

Post your times if you get to test drive the track so we all can see if we need to practice more, I will be driving some laps tonight and will check my lap times with above car on above track of course =)

after having a few hrs of a bash on this,, all i can say is, back to iRacing it is, i hate this game so much after just a few hrs, i never get angry at games

That made me smile a lot hehe. Could nearly picture it happen, did you you try to keep on driving and hook it back up at the same time? Because that would have been fun to watch hehe =)

Post your times if you get to test drive the track so we all can see if we need to practice more, I will be driving some laps tonight and will check my lap times with above car on above track of course =)

Yeah I did a good I could have been a good lap, I was driving so fast that the steering wheel got lose :) You should be scared

• Advertisement

@Rossi IRL: What was the issue/issues with rF2? Or you maybe just did not like it and that happens. Not trying to be a fan-boy or so. I will be getting back to iRacing more as well after the summer. I just think that rF2 has loads of potential for just being a beta.

@kotten: hehe yeah I will be scared.... that you pull off your wheel and crash into me while I am doing a good lap hehe.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    after having a few hrs of a bash on this,, all i can say is, back to iRacing it is, i hate this game so much after just a few hrs, i never get angry at games
    LOL?

@Steffano2002: Be nice, remember that you hated rF2 a lot at first as well hehe.

@Rossi IRL: What was the issue/issues with rF2? Or you maybe just did not like it and that happens. Not trying to be a fan-boy or so. I will be getting back to iRacing more as well after the summer. I just think that rF2 has loads of potential for just being a beta.

i wil give it another go sometime but i just didnt like the feal of it

@Rossi IRL: Come along on Wednesday evening. That way maybe we all can help out and have some fun.

race day!
    tonight 20:00 UTC (irish time)

OOOO hell yeah it is =)

whats the TS address?

Just firing up the servers now, will post IP in about 3-5min =)

scratch that just got in... :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement