Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rFactor 2 weekly race event

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

That was good stuff. Was damn fun!!! This is what I have been looking forward to for a long time =)

Those 1960 F1 cars are wonderful!!

Server will be up at 6pm next Wednesday. Will pick car and track tomorrow for nest week.

Be there!! =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

This was AWESOME!!!

Thanks for organising this C0rn3y! We had a great time! Those 1960's car are fecking brilliant! The game "feels" so good!

Definitely in every Wednesday now! And so is my mate! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kotten

I love old F1 cars, no brakes no traction but a large engine.
    It was a great race thanks everyone.

Yeah that was GREAT fun. So looking forward to next week. I will pick a track and car during my lunch today so we all have LOADS of time to practice if we want.

Thanks Kotten for running the TS & rF2 server, worked very very well.

Being on TS makes it so much more fun when you can slag/praise each other =)

Next Race - Wednesday 4th July, 8pm (Irish time)

Car: Renault Megane Trophy
    Track: Mills Metro Park

Practice: 30min
    Qualify: 30min
    Race: 15 laps

You can find some setups that other people have made over at www.racedepartment.com

- Renault Megane Trophy
    Main download: v1.0 (822 MB). Torrent: v1.0.
    Required updates: v1.1 (125 MB). Torrent: v1.1.

• Advertisement

Does the above car and track work ok for everyone?

c0rn3y wrote: »
    Does the above car and track work ok for everyone?

apart from that my steering wheel came lose from the table the cars seems fine.
    PS. these cars do both turn and brake :eek:

apart from that my steering wheel came lose from the table the cars seems fine.

That made me smile a lot hehe. Could nearly picture it happen, did you you try to keep on driving and hook it back up at the same time? Because that would have been fun to watch hehe =)

Post your times if you get to test drive the track so we all can see if we need to practice more, I will be driving some laps tonight and will check my lap times with above car on above track of course =)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

after having a few hrs of a bash on this,, all i can say is, back to iRacing it is, i hate this game so much after just a few hrs, i never get angry at games

That made me smile a lot hehe. Could nearly picture it happen, did you you try to keep on driving and hook it back up at the same time? Because that would have been fun to watch hehe =)

Post your times if you get to test drive the track so we all can see if we need to practice more, I will be driving some laps tonight and will check my lap times with above car on above track of course =)

Yeah I did a good I could have been a good lap, I was driving so fast that the steering wheel got lose :) You should be scared

• Advertisement

@Rossi IRL: What was the issue/issues with rF2? Or you maybe just did not like it and that happens. Not trying to be a fan-boy or so. I will be getting back to iRacing more as well after the summer. I just think that rF2 has loads of potential for just being a beta.

@kotten: hehe yeah I will be scared.... that you pull off your wheel and crash into me while I am doing a good lap hehe.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    after having a few hrs of a bash on this,, all i can say is, back to iRacing it is, i hate this game so much after just a few hrs, i never get angry at games
    LOL?

@Steffano2002: Be nice, remember that you hated rF2 a lot at first as well hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

@Rossi IRL: What was the issue/issues with rF2? Or you maybe just did not like it and that happens. Not trying to be a fan-boy or so. I will be getting back to iRacing more as well after the summer. I just think that rF2 has loads of potential for just being a beta.

i wil give it another go sometime but i just didnt like the feal of it

@Rossi IRL: Come along on Wednesday evening. That way maybe we all can help out and have some fun.

race day!
    tonight 20:00 UTC (irish time)

OOOO hell yeah it is =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

whats the TS address?

Just firing up the servers now, will post IP in about 3-5min =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

scratch that just got in... :-)

• Advertisement

TS server: 83.254.93.155

rF2 server name: Kenneth (blame Kotten for that name hehe)

Give it a couple of min so before the server is up and running.

Small server issues... soon there

Some small server issues and with some team work we got one running on Steffano's computer. Kotten had some issues with rFactor and had to reinstall but got it running. Add welcome in robk24 =)

Was good fun that. Nice racing =)

@Steffano2002, we want to know what track and car it will be for next week hehe. Me and my cuz will be driving tomorrow night and practicing a bit, I see that I need that now after last night hehe.

Eli has made a decision!

We will race the Formula Renault 3.5 on track: Mills Outer Loop B.

Start practicing!!! ;)

@Steffano2002: I like that pick. Tell Eli he did good hehe. Hey if you practice anything during the week and start a dedicated server, post the time here so if anybody else is practicing they could join in =)

Have to say I helped with the choice! :p

Will probably practice a bit over the week-end me thinks. Weather forecast for sunday looking a bit grim!

Have to say I helped with the choice! :p

Will probably practice a bit over the week-end me thinks. Weather forecast for sunday looking a bit grim!

did play some yesterday did run 1.32.850 or something as best time.

Haven't practiced one bit! :(

• Advertisement

Right, we practiced last night with my friend Eli and then C0rn3y joined with his cousin and it was pretty cool indeed!

Those cars and that track are simply savage!

I managed a 1'28''798 but I'm sure there's another 1 to 2 second improvement to be had there!

C0rn3y, would you like me to run the server again tonight? If so, is it OK if we keep calling the server "Steffano2002"?

Can't freakin' wait for tonight lads! :D

Advertisement