Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

calving bay design and cost

• 15-06-2012 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Hi just wanted to get peoples opinion on the cost to add a calving bay to an existing slatted house.
    It is a two bay back to back shed and would be looking to add the calving bay to behind two of the bays.

What design features would you add or recommend based on experience

what is the average cost of doing this? Iknow this is vague but just a Ball park figure.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Article in last weeks Farmers Journal (8 days ago) about a calving shed. This guy had everything right down to a stainless steel table, crane for lifting out calves during a c-section. A bit OTT, but good design none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

pakalasa wrote: »
    Article in last weeks Farmers Journal (8 days ago) about a calving shed. This guy had everything right down to a stainless steel table, crane for lifting out calves during a c-section. A bit OTT, but good design none the less.

OTT . I have a stainless steel sink unit its 8 ft long and plumbed in with lockable doors. €80 off donedeal . I have a electric hoist/wench. aldi or lidl for €70 odd euro and i dont calve any cows but if it saves the back isnt it great. Some great bargains out there now.

I do agree the area was a little ott but loved the area witht he wash tank and a few slats over it.

Advertisement