Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barristers new pub is open

• 15-06-2012 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Great to see the barristers are still making money, they opened their very own new pub yesterday(barristers only)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Well thank you for your informative post. Any chance of a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

smash wrote: »

Its part of the distillery lawlibrary on church street, i don't know if this what you'd call ironic but it backs out nearly to the capuchin place where the poor get bags of food,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

jesus threads like this would make you afraid to earn any sort of money nowadays for fear of being outcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

so they've opened a private members club? what's your issue?

Fran1985 wrote: »
    so they've opened a private members club? what's your issue?

no issue at all, I said in my first post that its good to see, I was just pointing it out how successful people have come together to open their own pub. Things are looking up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Great to see the barristers are still making money, they opened their very own new pub yesterday(barristers only)

Who? Where?

...Why!

Jesus, pretty soon, everyone will have to wear a badge with their salary on it so others can judge them easier.

And goes to show how well you know the industry that you're willing to make a fool out of yourself for.. Barristers have one of the toughest roads of any profession to get to a decent pay level. You probably think a barrister is a solicitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Jesus, pretty soon, everyone will have to wear a badge with their salary on it so others can judge them easier.

And goes to show how well you know the industry that you're willing to make a fool out of yourself for.. Barristers have one of the toughest roads of any profession to get to a decent pay level. You probably think a barrister is a solicitor.

Objection m'lurd, irrelevant.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I thought there were always bars in The Kings Inns and Law Library?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Where can I find this club .....

/puts on gold digger outfit :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

No one is outraged. Hard luck OP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

So the barristers have opened a private members club for themselves, just as countles workers in other professions have (in the public and private sector).

Who really gives a fuk ?

Good luck to them.

At least if they're gatting in there, they're giving the rest of us pub goers a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

smash wrote: »

I'd prefer a drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Lapin wrote: »
    So the barristers have opened a private members club for themselves, just as countles workers in other professions have (in the public and private sector).

Who really gives a fuk ?

Good luck to them.

At least if they're gatting in there, they're giving the rest of us pub goers a break.

Yeh, they're feckers for glassing people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'd love to join a private members club. I just have to qualify somehow first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

no issue at all, I said in my first post that its good to see, I was just pointing it out how successful people have come together to open their own pub. Things are looking up.

They have not opened a pub, they have opened the exact opposite of a pub. CIE used to have a private Members club in Cork, ESB Still do I think, along with countless other jobs and clubs. It's not that big a deal they pay a membership every year and then they pay for the drink as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Anyone else confused by this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I face palmed on behalf of the guy who started it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Shryke wrote: »
    I'd love to join a private members club. I just have to qualify somehow first.

You could start your own, based on your location i.e. Spaghetti and Meatballs Gourmet Club.

Paparazzo wrote: »

Why hard luck???? You're all so negative, I was saying it as a good thing, something good, I should know since I was a guest, it opened at 5pm yesterday and we had free drinks and food, hope I get invited again.

And for the other commenter I do know the difference between a barrister and a solicitor, of which I am neither.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Pics etc........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I think you'll have more success taking it off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

Imagine the cheek of it. The rich elitests starting a private members club while the plain people of this country are out starving from the blighted potatoes. Barristers should pay all their income in tax and shovel the snow from the roads. :rolleyes:

OP, what exactly are you trying to imply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Does anybody know how one goes about getting a drinks licence for a private members club?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

better send the travellers over for a few jars.... lets see the discrimation cases flood in then :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Shryke wrote: »
    I face palmed on behalf of the guy who started it.

I heard you it was such an epic facepalm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Paparazzo wrote: »

Wait for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Self employed people can do whatever they want, it's their money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭boo3000

Some people might like to know where there's a large group of them in a concentrated area with no innocent bystanders ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Can I continue not wearing a badge or do I have to get a big pin on zero? We could just simplify it and go by highest tax band. ;)

Advertisement