Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making your commute productive

• 15-06-2012 10:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Countless hours I've wasted over the years commuting. Not anymore, just downloaded an Italian and Spanish learning app.

I'll learn Spanish on the way to work and Italian on the way home.

Comments

Kegal exercises while driving.. Stop your pee mid-flow like a pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Countless hours I've wasted over the years commuting. Not anymore, just downloaded an Italian and Spanish learning app.

You might be better off learning German Mandarin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

My problem is that reading/viweing stuff while commuting just gives me a headache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

audiobooks ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Oh.....so am I the only one that perves on attractive ladies in the morning and takes sneaky photos of their short skirts and sexy legs? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

im learning drums on my commute....................people on the luas are not happy but fook em, I am!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Trying to get there without scaring the sh!t out of my passengers.

my commute time is sitting on the bus having some chill out time between rushing around leaving the house, and working
    and winding down in the evening
    sometimes i listen to my audiobook of "Das fehlende Glied in der Kette" but mostly music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I Like to read 50 shades of grey on the luas with a really pervy face...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Video games are productive. They are proven to increase mental health and memory in old age.

Im not old yet, but Im getting there, one day at a time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I like to go round asking my fellow passengers for spare change. Sometimes make more from this than actually working.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    Oh.....so am I the only one that perves on attractive ladies in the morning and takes sneaky photos of their short skirts and sexy legs? :confused:

Be careful, talking photographs of schoolgirls will get you into trouble one of these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    I like to go round asking my fellow passengers for spare change. Sometimes make more from this than actually working.

Someone once asked me if I had spare tenner...

Another time a woman sneezed and an elderly lady offered her a tissue, then proceeded to offer one to the entire luas...one person at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I like to spend my commute time complaining on Twitter about the other passengers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I get a quick nap, can be a bit scary at times though.
    Almost hit another car last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i sleep.

only the other day i missed my stop on the luas by about 4 stops because i was out cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I've recently been listening to science books - Carl Sagan and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I generally check out hunter moore to see what slutty yank chick's been sending him pics to his twitter... passed the spin in on the green line luas sure ..

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Be careful, talking photographs of schoolgirls will get you into trouble one of these days.

My penis was just resting in my hand....I swear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

My commute time has been reduced from 4 hours roundtrip to 40 minutes...but in the past I read, listened to music and watched movies on my media player. Hardly productive but sure it filled the time.

Back doing that commute next week for a few days, but I'll spend the time studying for a certification that I'm pursuing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

I cut my nails and/or fill in bank lodgments as I ride into town on my bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I cycle to work so I'm getting fresh air/exercise and commuting at the same time - win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭pennypocket

That could end up quite confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I emigrated to Holland. My commute is an empty train, tulips and Pink Floyd.

there is no point trying to improve on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Am i the only one who has feel asleep on public transport then suddenly wakes up in a weird shaking '!?!?!!' type manner :o ?

People look at you like you're a weido.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭seXmym0nkey

Am i the only one who has feel asleep on public transport then suddenly wakes up in a weird shaking '!?!?!!' type manner :o ?

Nah, I was sleeping on a flight a few weeks ago and jolted awake and grabbed the leg of the random woman beside me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Does it happen on all public transport or is it just planes B.A?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

boobar wrote: »
    Does it happen on all public transport or is it just planes B.A?

On the bus :pac:
    Only a few times tho.

**Edit**

i get the joke now :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

I take the train and usually doze off of an evening...this is quickly interrupted when I slam my head against the window but I'm so tired this continues over and over!!....I avoid the aisle seat for obvious reasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I do my makeup on my drive to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

If it's public transport I invest my time in staring at girls to make them like me. I haven't reaped the rewards of my efforts yet but any day now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I cant do anything productive on a ****ty dirty 1980's bus that has breakfast with fúckin hector blasting on the radio and smells of unshowered college student, on rainy days it leaks water.
    Fúck that bus, and fúck its driver, and fúck everyone on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I do my makeup on my drive to work.

You disgust me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭secretambition

I know people who run to work. Obviously there needs to be showers at the other end though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

saw a fella shaving while he was driving last week. I was thoroughly impressed. he stayed in his lane almost the whole time too.

I spend my commute shouting at idiot drivers. It's theraputic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

When I was in school I used to play poker with my friends. It was on the older trains with lots of tables though, and you could always get a seat. I'm not sure that's been the case in 15 years or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

cocoshovel wrote: »
    You disgust me

say's a guy who commutes 'on a ****ty dirty 1980's bus that has breakfast with fúckin hector blasting on the radio and smells of unshowered college student, on rainy days it leaks water.'

Advertisement