Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird/Disturbing things you've seen other passengers do on Flights

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Person in front puts seat in recline position.

im 6'6 so whenever anyone tries that they get 2 knees right in the spine

they tend to shuffle about a bit in their seat for a few minutes, pulling the chair back up and reclining it again. each time they do that they get a well targetted, but still stationary, knee to the back. doesn't last too long before they give up on the dream

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MadYaker wrote: »
    I call shenanigans on this. Now way would any airline give real knives and forks to everyone on the plane. Absolutely impossible.

Business Class on some airlines do. I got them on Air Seychelles a few years ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I have been the weird traveller on a few flights.
    Back in the late 90's (I remember the smoking sections) i used to fly long haul a fair bit and sometimes I would travel solo. I was young at the time and my fear of flying grew each flight. Anyway, I had sinus problems one time and my ears wouldnt pop. Its excrutiatingly painful when you are coming in to land.

I was on an Air France flight and I asked one of the cabin crew if she had any remedies. She said she would pop down to me before we landed. So sitting solo on this long haul flight, she discreetly pops down to me, hands me 2 plastic cups that had been half stuffed with tissue steeped in hot water. She tells me to cover my ears with them during the landing.

So as we descend I lean forward and cover my ears in the cups. Worked like a charm but to onlookers I looked like I was making a phone call to myself using empty cups. There were 4 flights in total I did this on. :o

Another 2 short stories.

A few years back I was flying to Liverpool on a stag. Some lad was hammered went into the loo and a moment later the captain lashed on the seatbelt sign for landed. One of the cabin crew went over to get him out. Her polite requests eventually turned into demanding screams and hammering on the door. At this stage we were well into our descent. She eventualy flips the handle to open from the ouside. (the switch is under the No Smoking sign on the door) A few seconds later, the drunked lad is walking up the aisle to his seat with his pants around his ankes, dangling in the wind. Because of the steepness of the descent he is holding on for dear life to the seats while he walks so he doesnt have time to pull up his jocks until he gets to his seat. Thankfully, I wasnt sitting in the aisle so i was free from accidental "rubbing" as he passed by.

Final story was an Aer Lingus flight back from Spain 2 years ago. Sitting in front of me and a friend were 3 aul wans. Sun burnt and tipsy. One of the aul wans was in the wrong seat and the cabin crew so she was swapped with another aul wan (who I will call Mary for the purpose of this story) who was sitting across the way. So Mary moves but its clear she is incredibly drunk. She moves as if she is trying to dock with the ISS with her eyes closed. Cabin crew cop this and watch her regularly during the flight. She is now sitting directly in front of me.
    During the flight, myself and my mate get this strong bang of urine at one stage. If subsides after a few minutes and we think nothing more of it.
    Anyway when we get off, we see a slightly more sober Mary walking toward the baggage area. Her pants are soaked and its not sweat..... Manky of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

KoolKid wrote: »
    The ones that amaze me are the people on a rough flight holding onto their seats.
    If the plane goes down wheres the seat going???:confused:

Um..that would be me. Now I have to go and find another meaningless coping strategy. You have ruined that one for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

KoolKid wrote:
    The ones that amaze me are the people on a rough flight holding onto their seats.
    If the plane goes down wheres the seat going???
    herosa wrote: »
    Um..that would be me. Now I have to go and find another meaningless coping strategy. You have ruined that one for me.

I do that too sometimes. Fear of flying isn't exactly rational so why would the coping strategies be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Not weird or disturbing but I was coming back from Portugal last year and just after we got above the clouds a 4/5 year old kid beside me asked his Mum - "Where's God?"

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

A male air hostess? is that like a male ban garda? :D

Somewhat similar... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 oneway2

cruais wrote: »
    Travelling back from new York to Dublin. During the bar service, the air hostess asked the American woman sitting in front of me if she would like a drink.

The woman said she wanted a water and just as the hosty was about to pour it, the American woman said, "is that fresh bottled water or is it toilet water?"

The face on the poor hostess, she was doing her best to keep the laugh in and replied, " of course, it's from the fresh springs in Tipperary. It was bottled this morning".

They have some patience!

I think this refers to a huge marketing disaster recently in Italy where, allegedly, Schweppes created millions of Euros of marketing collateral (incl. advertisement hoardings in high-cost locations) for their Tonic Water but forgot to proof-read the copy.

It all said again allegedly, Schweppes Toilet Water

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

On a plane to London with my mate, we noticed that Jedward were on it and they were just sitting there, doing nothing.

That was very weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

I got them in business class on Air France yesterday - CAI/CDG, a bit surprised to get them TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

Sorry just read the message I posted (still getting used to the "new" boards).

The reply was in relation to getting real cutlery on flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Daidy2011 wrote: »
    I got them in business class on Air France yesterday - CAI/CDG, a bit surprised to get them TBH

You got Jedward? You mean thet're dead?? YOU SIR, ARE A HERO

Advertisement