Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itineray for Oz 22 days

Options
  • 15-06-2012 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone just looking for advice on seeing as much as we can in as short a space as possible. Myself and a friend are travelling to Oz for 22 days, arriving in Melbourne and leaving from Sydney. We are trying to put some sort of itinerary together as we are there from such a short time. We are hoping to fit in the great ocean road and the tourist attractions in and around Melbourne. Our big dilemma is do we:
    a) get a bus ticket from melbourne to sydney and try and get as much seen there as possible and spend 5 days in sydney before we leave?
    b) get a bus ticket that brings us along a bit of the east coast and head back down to sydney before we leave?

We are just very aware of how short our time is and I am wondering if theres any point in travelling a bit of the east coast north of sydney if we wont get much seen?
    Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

How about flying from Melbourne to Brisbane and then getting a one way rental for roadtrip down to Sydney?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 leti12

The rental would involve driving and I'm not so sure my friend would be willing to do it and since there is only two of us I think it wouldn't be the best option. But is there a greyhound bus we could get from Brisbane back down to Sydney if we fly to Brisbane? I read something about only being permitted to travel one way on the greyhound bus so it probably leaves us with the option of flying.

Advertisement