Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gluten Free in Swords

Options
  • 15-06-2012 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all ,

Moving to swords in a few weeks. Has anyone any advice on gluten free restaurants, cafes, bars etc in Swords?

Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Welcome to Swords :)
    The Swords Garden Chinese restaurant and takeaway in the Castle shopping centre has a good range of gluten free items on their menu. They also have the nicest Chinese food in the town, in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I'm sure you know this, but just remember, unless the restaurant is completely gluten free, there is a good chance there will be cross contamination with gluten. Not too bad if its a once in a blue moon thing, but if you eat out regularly you could be consuming a good amount of gluten without being aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭daithimacgroin

i wouldnt trust a chinese restaurant to be gluten free.

they'd often, on a busy night,reuse the wok without cleaning it
    and fried noodles full of gluten would be regularly cooked in the same wok
    they use for flied rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to DCN.

tHB

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

According to Menupages these ones have coeliac options

http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/north_dublin/swords.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Gourmet Food Parlour on North St definitely has gluten free options.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

For food/groceries I cannot recommend JCs enough, my OHs daughter has gluten, spelt, soy, dairy, egg and other allergies, and JCs stock bread and pasta that she can eat.

While not in Swords, La Bucca in Ashbourne, will allow you bring your own pasta if you are on a night out and will cook it with any of their sauces.

Wrights in Swords have some gluten free options, as do the Gourmet food parlour. I've found both to be very accomodating in terms of dealing with the Ohs daughter.

Jade palace in Applewood are very accomodating if you need to have special requirements also.

Further afield, Gibneys and the Greedy Goose in Malahide and Findlaters are also decent enough options and the staff are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I would also be dubious of a Chinese that offers GF options due to cross contamination issues.

JCs supermarket in Swords GF section is great. I would also recommend Indie Spice Indian restaurant. I've eaten in their restaurant and used their take away delivery service many times and never had a problem.

Superquinn and Dunnes in the Pavilions also have good GF sections.

You won't starve!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fox65

Indie Spice in swords, almost their entire menu is gluten free.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Saw gluten free chocolate muffins in the Boulangerie in Applewood today.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭SpatialPlanner

Was in Masterson's in the Main St recently having coffee with a coeliac pal. They had gluten free options. Even gluten free bread for his toast, which made him very happy! :)

Advertisement