Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How old are you in BRDS years?

• 15-06-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭

A conversation on XBL about the boards group got me thinking about how people have come and gone from this. I realised I'd lost track of a lot of people so just wondering, when did people first play with other boardsies?

MW2 myself

When did lose your BRDS-ginity? 31 votes

MW2
    0% 0 votes
    Black Ops
    64% 20 votes
    MW3
    35% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just after Black Ops for me, added a few for the wager match comp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

MW3 for xbox

and end of MW2 for ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

March 2010 for me, was playing on my own for about a month before I started partying up.

Summer 2kai10 <33 with my bbz x
    :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Such a ginger gringo. Pfft.

MW2 in '10, that was a fun summer gaming wise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

MW2 for me,wasn't many playing then,furious,ross,perrin76,shammy,razzledazzle(i think) everlast too i think,wasn't as easy to get a party going as it is now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,290 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    MW2 for me,wasn't many playing then,furious,ross,perrin76,shammy,razzledazzle(i think) everlast too i think,wasn't as easy to get a party going as it is now

Yup, around then too for me - it was about a month or so before the thread was started "about last night".. god reading back I can still remember some of the games :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Played my first game with people from boards midway through Black ops, played my first game with ross and seamus on nuketown TDM :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,290 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

ugglasdav wrote: »
    Played my first game with people from boards midway through Black ops, played my first game with ross and seamus on nuketown TDM :)

Was that your first full game, or did you dashboard :pac:

Just kidding mate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Don't forget me!

tumblr_liw0c8WFxR1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

x43r0 wrote: »
    A conversation on XBL about the boards group got me thinking about how people have come and gone from this. I realised I'd lost track of a lot of people so just wondering, when did people first play with other boardsies?

MW2 myself

MW2 as well, god that summer was awesome!

I remember some great sessions which would end at 4 in the morning with 2/3/4 of us still on.

We've lost (either permanently or temporarily) a lot of people as party regulars since then, Shammy (both his GTs), Joedagreat, Irish_Psycho, Shawpower, Chunky (though he did make a reappearance), Ghandi, Razzler and who could forget Razzler's mental housemate...although his name temporarily escapes me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

x43r0 wrote: »
    Don't forget me!

tumblr_liw0c8WFxR1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

992fd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Started in blops myself, got in a party with hypermuse an beertons, an the 3 of us had great craic, I was always playin on my own, so was used to losin, an now after playin with boardsies I'm not used to losing! Used to have some epic banter with the lads till all hours of the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I'm only a baby here, was a month or so before MW3 was realised I think.

Cheers for all the great games and even better craic lads

Wow I'm a little surprised. I thought most were on since Blops or MW3

So the average BRDS age is 3

...or should I say:

"Three! Ah ah ah ah!"
    Sesame-Street-the-Count-001.jpg

God bless Perrin for reminding me of this guys awesomeness :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

MW2 on PS3, Midway through Blops on XBOX

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

During mw2. Veteran at this stage :)

Benrobjohn wrote: »
    During mw2. Veteran at this stage :)

Well done old boy. In honour of your long tenure here I'm commissioned this up and coming group of lads to write a song in your honour

simpsons-be-sharps_l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

Only started gaming at Christmas but have only been on the COD forums for the past month. Anyone around here play mw3 (on ps3) regularly? Like daily? I'm just looking for some people to game with instead of lil spainish kids shoutting/shooting at me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I was on this forum for MW2, think I only started playing with people from here around the start of Blops though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

phreekill, that was Razzle's housemate I couldn't remember!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

I am a new kid on the block.MW3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

First started playing with boardsies on MW3. Absolutely hated the game when it first came out and was pretty close to trading it back in but playing with boardsies makes this game playable and good fun, on your own it is a chronic load of ****e at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

About midway though Blops started playing with Lazy, near the end I was regularily playing with everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Lost my BRDS cherry on MW3....never really played dom before that and never played with an organised/skilled group of players in a clan.Amazing how much more fun can be had when you do play with a good clan.The banter is always good to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Just thinking back some of the craic we had at times was immense, close to tears laughing at times (Chipmunks in Blops ;) ). Played for the banter moreso than the game a lot of the time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

When mw2 first came out had a little boards tourney , Enigma ,Perrin76 , Mark SRFC , Trilla and a few others.

A little while later the about last night thread came up and things just got better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Cod4 a couple of months before mw2 came out, but that was only one or two lads. Started playin in bigger parties in mw2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

mw2 in my previous re-incarnation(Lab_Mouse) but have been playing it since CoD2 just never seemed to have a reason to b1tch about before mw2.

or maybe I'm just getting grumpy in my old age:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Added Ade 'Optik_el_Nino' and that's where it started, had games with lee, kersmash, krudler and a few others first. Then more started joining. Twas a summer of COD and fifa clubs!

Playing sweet f all now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Would ya believe.United Offensive for me :P

0511-0905-2016-1540_Old_Man_Walking_with_a_Cane_clipart_image.jpg

Didn't you need the original cod for that?

So your back from the first cod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Well yeah but didnt playing anyone on that.Just UO

Ah right

Advertisement