Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giftcall.ie

• 15-06-2012 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭

http://www.giftcall.ie/broadband/broadband3/

I have been getting a lot of marketing calls from this company- I am considering moving from eircom-anyone have any experiences with them? They seem to be a new company.Sales rep said they would sort the move from eircom and if I sign up I would not be tied into contract. Would love to hear any feedback if possible. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

No experience of them but bear in mind they will be using the same physical line as Eircom so if your current line is bad changing provider won't make it any better.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If you are having performance problems with your bb you are best attempting to diagnose exactly where your problems lie as in most cases a change of dsl provider is unlikely to cure the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

looks suspiciously like UTV...check out their website here.

http://www.utvinternet.com/broadband/ngb.aspx

same packages but for slightly more money from what i can see.

compare the small print and you'll see its exactly the same, so either its UTV or someone has gone and copied the UTV site to the letter!!

anyways, if it does turn out to be UTV i'd steer well clear based on my experiences.

edit: didn't realise the charity part of it, so i suppose thats a good thing and probably explains the price difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

I called them, signed up, gave them the details. They said they would look after the rest. That was months ago. Haven't bothered chasing it up with them, thinking of moving to vodafone instead.

Advertisement