Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Italian and Spanish simultaneously

Options
  • 15-06-2012 12:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've recently downloaded Spanish and Italian language apps. It's called mind snacks. Would anyone have any experience learning Spanish and Italian and know how feasible it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭somairle

Its perfectly possible, but learning any language is hard work, if you haven't learnt another language before I'd say your seriously underestimating how time consuming it is. You can learn 2 at once, but languages are all about how much time you put into them. For example if you spend an hour on Spanish a day you will learn as much as if you spent an hour on Spanish and another hour on Italian per day. But if you spent 2 hours on Spanish a day you'd learn twice as slow if you spent an hour a day on Spanish & Italian. Common sense really.

It is not that confusing learning two at once as you might imagine, but make sure you separate them, if you spend all your time in one place learning the two next to each other you may mix them up - although this problem will iron itself out over the years of learning so I wouldnt worry too much.

As someone who spent 4 years learning Irish at snails pace I would suggest not biting off more than you can chew, you will get a honeymoon period with both where its great fun but then it becomes serious work to get to a good level and your enthusiasm may drift off.

Advertisement