Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert: 2012 Tech Graph (HL & OL)

Options
  • 15-06-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Discussion on the tech graph exam can go here! I haven't seen anybody else post about the tech graph exam so sorry if it's a repost :P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭graeme157

Last time I ever do tech thank f**k!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

graeme157 wrote: »
    Last time I ever do tech thank f**k!

Yes thank the lord I hate the subject.
    I'm doing OL it will be simple :D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

I love Technical Graphics, it's my favourite subject yet by far my worst. Had to work 100 times harder at it to get from C level to A level, months of questions,lines and general sadness until I finally got a grasp of it. If anyone has any questions I'll try my best to answer them. Rotations are by far my favourite question, Axeometric are the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TheoremOreo

DaleHyland wrote: »
    I love Technical Graphics, it's my favourite subject yet by far my worst. Had to work 100 times harder at it to get from C level to A level, months of questions,lines and general sadness until I finally got a grasp of it. If anyone has any questions I'll try my best to answer them. Rotations are by far my favourite question, Axeometric are the worst.

What :O I find tech graph so easy! I got 74 in the pre's with no study :O
    Our entire class got Bs and As

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

What :O I find tech graph so easy! I got 74 in the pre's with no study :O
    Our entire class got Bs and As

I find it easy too, I got 57% in the pre's because I ran out of time, then we did another pre a week before the holidays and I got 87% I've come a long way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

I got 72% in the mock with nooooo study :P and I finished an hour early.
    Rotations,
    Co-ordinate geomatry,
    and Ellipse and porabala I can get full marks in just need to work on axonametric/isometric :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rainbow35

Do you know where to get a drawing board? I don't have one and apparently I need one, and I have no idea where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

I really don't understand how people find technical graphics so hard! I did absolutely no work for it over the last three years and it's probably my favourite subject. I'm doing the leaving cert equivalent too when the time comes (Design and Communications Graphics) and can't wait. We were half an hour late starting our mocks and I still got a B, so I'm expecting an A. The only thing I'm worried about is getting a tee-square!! I don't have one because our school supplied them, but I've two days so I should be grand. Delighted because it's my last exam, good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭GrabTheCREAM

im screwed for TG lol. can anyone help me with rotations?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

im screwed for TG lol. can anyone help me with rotations?

As far as I know, there are plenty of tutorials on Youtube for you to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Thought it went well mostly. Short Q's were harder than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

I agree, the short questions were a bit trickier than usual, but, the long questions were ok. I did Q1, Q2, Q5 and Q6 almost perfectly in each case and I got 10 short questions but a couple of them were dodgy.

All in all, I'm very happy and I think it'll either be a very high B or a low A :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

i thought short questions were hard. i did elipse and parabola. i thought it was easy. the transformation geometry was good. I did it almost perfect. As i said question 5 and 6 were easy but i ran out of time towards the end. i only got the ortographic and the isometric half finished.i.e i didnt get the curves done. Tech is my least favourite subject. Our teacher in first year was retiring (didnt give a **** ) , new teacher in second year and 3rd. short questions were more tricky than usual i thought.

Advertisement