Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tea Drinking

• 15-06-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

what time do you like to settle down to a nice cuppa? for me it's every morning as soon as i wake, can't go wrong starting the day off with some tea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Very odd thread.
    Anyway, I've completely gone off tea in my pregnancy.
    This baby doesn't like it at all.
    But I would have had a cup at random times throughout the day - no set pattern at all really.

I drink tea loads of times during the day, but without a doubt the first cup of tea in the morning is the best. I couldn't do anything without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

At work, its when I get a chance.

Otherwise, I dont really drink it barr maybe with the odd cooked breakfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Coffee during the day tea in the evening

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I always crave a nice cup of tea after I've eaten my dinner.. and a biscuit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

First thing in the morning, Fu*k ure coffee !! it's only a minor boost, 10 mug's of tay before the dinner, keep ye going for longer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Not just any tea, English breakfast tea for me about 6 or 7pm after work

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

A black tea after my dinner and some sort of herbal/fruit tea later on in the evening near bedtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I don't drink tea.

Or coffee :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Having tae now! ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I make a concoction of Chamomile tea and Valerian tea in the evening times and I sleep like a baby after it :)

2 Chamomile bags and 1 Valerian bag... ZZZzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

GreatLakes wrote: »
    what time do you like to settle down to a nice cuppa? for me it's every morning as soon as i wake, can't go wrong starting the day off with some tea

Always the first cup of the day tastes the nicest.

My post from yesterday - some nice recommendations are to follow...
    csi vegas wrote: »
    The fairtrade ones from Lidl make a lovely cup but their 'Fallons' ones are ick!

Yesterday I felt ruthless so in Dunnes I bought a brand simply called 'D',
    yes D.

D meaning to sound like T :) says on the box "I could do with a D!"
    Well I can highly recommend them to everyone - THE best tasting tea in a very very long time.
    They are made by Typhoo surprisingly, which I've always hated.

Green box. €1.10 for 80. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

My father always has a mug of tea in the morning, regardless of what's happening. Sure, I'll have one myself now, tis only the early afternoon yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

First one of the day about 06:30 then whatever yr having yourself after that. Love tea.

I was going to buy one of those 5 gallon catering tea pots with the two grab handles but sense prevailed.

When I go to see the parents we'll sit and chat for an hour or two with a constant flow of tea. I'm usually get to the point of the caffeine jitters and can feel my mouth going numb when I have to decline more. I really am in the ha'penny place when it comes to hardcore tea drinking but I'm working on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

cranks wrote: »
    First one of the day about 06:30 then whatever yr having yourself after that. Love tea.

I was going to buy one of those 5 gallon catering tea pots with the two grab handles but sense prevailed.

When I go to see the parents we'll sit and chat for an hour or two with a constant flow of tea. I'm usually get to the point of the caffeine jitters and can feel my mouth going numb when I have to decline more. I really am in the ha'penny place when it comes to hardcore tea drinking but I'm working on it

dude, seriously you need help, you dont wanna upend like the poor tea junkies here in dublin ... cut back, before it's too late !!

" spare sum chhanngeeedddd for a mug of thheaaaa"

i cry inside..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

We don't grow tea in this country :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

No set pattern but it increases if I'm having a bad day, as my family and friends are the kind to go: "Ah that's terrible, would you like a cuppa?"

It never helps the situation but it does make me feel better for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Tea is ditch water compared to good coffee. I'll have the odd cup with the parents or that.
    Cocaine is where it's at though.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

i have a cup of tea every day after me dinner at around 6.30 :D and then i have 2 more cups between 8 and 10pm.. :P
    ALWAYS need a cup after the dinner. it's just life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

When I get in to work, or when I've just completed a task at work that deserves a little reward!

I think the best cup of tea is in the evening when dinner is over and all the cleaning up is done.... or maybe the cup of tea you have with a cooked breakfast/brunch after a tough morning's training in the rain.

Maybe what I'm trying to say is any time is a good time for tea :)

Coffee is nice when you're out, tea out is always gross, them cheap tea bags and lukewarm water. It has to scald the mouth off you!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

I'd have a million zillion cups a day if I could:D

Any key? wrote: »
    I'd have a million zillion cups a day if I could:D

Imagine how often you would have to replace your kettle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

FatherLen wrote: »
    coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee

+ more coffee, tea is for pussies.

coffee is dirt. pure dirt. don't know how people can drink it!?!? it's only nice with some cream on top of it..... or if it's an irish coffee. otherwise it's nashty!
    tea is divine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Bubbleope wrote: »
    coffee is dirt. pure dirt. don't know how people can drink it!?!? it's only nice with some cream on top of it..... or if it's an irish coffee. otherwise it's nashty!

blasphemy!

real coffee is the elixir of the gods!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

First thing in the morning, Fu*k ure coffee !! it's only a minor boost, 10 mug's of tay before the dinner, keep ye going for longer ;)

ya must pee alot though ;)

blasphemy!

real coffee is the elixir of the gods!

ahbibbzz coffee is for the weak! :) :L ah no. but really. coffee. O: it's just not tasty? O:

Honestly I love tea and coffee, I tend to alternate between them daily.
    It's just that this was a tea thread. Maybe we should start a coffee thread to even things out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Bubbleope wrote: »

Tea-leaves are dried up devil's sh1t with added sh1t.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Tea-leaves are dried up devil's sh1t with added sh1t.

delicious too i might add! :D awwh yeaaaaaah :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭robot7080

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Definitely in the morning and one a bit before bed, and probably a few more times in between. I like tea.

Ever notice the nicest cups of tea are the ones you haven't time to finish and you have to throw it down the sink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

COFFEE IS KING !!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

If Im having a lazy day at home with my wife the tay may as well be on an intravenious drip. We just take it in turns to make pots and pots of tea. If Im busy or working i may not drink tay all day and wouldnt miss it. The morning cuppa is vital though!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Ever notice the nicest cups of tea are the ones you haven't time to finish and you have to throw it down the sink.

I hear you.

Mine get left behind to infuse the air as I lock up from the outside.
    It's always a sad time for me. The phycotic rants I do be having in my head as I curse my keeper (boss) and mentally threaten to be late tomorrow and fúck 'em all!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I love tea but I probably only have 2-3 cups a day. I drink it black without sugar.

I much prefer tea leaves - Barry's Gold Blend. I think there's a funny taste from teabags - regardless of the brand.

I can only drink it from the afternoon on though. My favourite cup is after dinner.

As much as I love it I can't drink it in the morning. I wake up dying of thirst every morning (despite drinking a litre of water in my sleep) and have a very dry mouth and am thirsty all morning so I have to drink water for a while first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

Very diluted milk? With some sugar in it? And some stewed leaves???

What is wrong with you people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Morning and evening. Prefer to drink coffee in the middle of the day or afternoon/evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I dont really 'get' the whole drinking tea thing....
    I mean coffee gives you a nice buzz but tea just ruins water and makes it brown and full on tannins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I(despite drinking a litre of water in my sleep)

Thats some trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Conchir

I don't like tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

coffee is where is at, good coffee that is, if it;s not good coffee then tea will do, just like if it's 4am and there is no cider left then I will have a beer

Advertisement