Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card Unlock woes

Options
  • 15-06-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi All,
    On holiday in Spain locked my credit card, so rang BOI to find out how to unlock.
    Now my woes started looking for an ATM machine that had pin other services does not exist in Spain, so tried every machine i could find no joy.
    Tried all options on the machine and no joy.Two calls home to call centre keep looking it has to be there. No its not there so took a chance on the last option to be tried was take out cash and guess what that was the unlock card sorted now.
    Hope this helps someone else or saves all the calls home for wrong advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi raytaxi,

That is a good idea but please bear in mind that a cash advance fee may apply if your credit card account is not in credit. The cash advance fee is a minimum of €2.54 or 1.5% of the amount you take out, whichever is higher. Also, if you do not clear your balance in full every month, cash interest will be applied to the account. If you are withdrawing cash outside of the euro currency zone there will be a cross border handling fee of 1.75% applied.The fees mentioned above apply to euro cards.

Another point to note is that this may not work at every atm abroad.

Thank you
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

I know that but it was only way to be able to use the card and since i had put some of my holiday money on to it no choice as no other solution was offered.
    And customer care were contacted twice and on hold for a long time both times so it was tried and worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi raytaxi,

I am glad it was sorted when you were travelling, as you said I hope this information will be able to help someone else when they are travelling.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement