Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam results Query

Options
  • 15-06-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Silly question maybe but I am a little confused.

On my first year examinations result online it says "pass". When I average the individual exams of which there are eight I get 72%.

Is the merit/distinction or whatever applied later?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

you dont get a award until your final year

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Little Pea wrote: »
    you dont get a award until your final year

Thanks, it was a silly question after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Is the final year award based on performance over the 4 years, or is it weighted towards the later years and dissertation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

God no, if my degree was based on all four years i would've failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Depends on your course I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Anyone NOT get their results yet? I dunno about anyone else on my course but i'm still waiting for mine! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Anyone NOT get their results yet? I dunno about anyone else on my course but i'm still waiting for mine! :(
    I'm in the School of Media and we're always one of the last for some reason. Waiting on my 4th year results :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dublin_Bud

Also waiting down in the Conservatory, our results aren't out until next week.

Check http://modularisation.dit.ie/studentinfo.htm for when the results are out - click on whatever college you attend on the left side of the page and you can access the exam pages from there.

@Voltwad - Couldn't find your course on the page, but I assume yours are due the same date as mine: 19th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Dublin_Bud wrote: »

Also waiting down in the Conservatory, our results aren't out until next week.

Check http://modularisation.dit.ie/studentinfo.htm for when the results are out - click on whatever college you attend on the left side of the page and you can access the exam pages from there.

@Voltwad - Couldn't find your course on the page, but I assume yours are due the same date as mine: 19th June.

Yeah I already checked that but it doesn't list my course. I go to bolton st and the majority of those results were out last week so I just assumed mine would be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm in culinary arts and I think we get ours next week. Although we only finished our internship this week so I'll be surprised if we actually get them next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Yeah I already checked that but it doesn't list my course. I go to bolton st and the majority of those results were out last week so I just assumed mine would be too.

Bolton Street because its cool has its own dedicated website for results dates. See here: http://www.dit.ie/cebeexams/examresults/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I'm in Bolton St, but looks like our results won't be out until Tuesday :( The suspense!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭overshoot

bolton street too, still waiting. was supposed to be last monday, then friday (exams office asked - we might get them out, if not monday) so DIT i want to hear from you for the last time ever tomorrow but for the love of god stop screwing us over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Got my results from bolton street this afternoon, hope all your waits are over and more importantly ya passed your exams!

Advertisement