Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usb device drawing too much power error message

Options
  • 15-06-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I am trying to download pictures from my canon 400D to my macbook pro and I'm gettin this message when I try to hook it up via Usb

usbbf.png
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have done it many times before and there has never been a problem.

Any help?

Oh and it isn't working on my windows device either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Googled it and got a good few threads from the apple forums. Could be the usb cable you're using to connect the camera.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3862275?start=0&tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3739129?start=15&tstart=0

Do other usb connected peripherals (perhaps a mouse or a memory card reader) work?
    Oh and it isn't working on my windows device either.

Not sure what that means. Do you mean the camera doesn't work under a windows partition either?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

The camera won't connect to my windows machine either. I think it might be the cable... I have never used this cable before. Need to try and find another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Hi Gav had a very similar problem with a hard drive, it didn't work with Windows and when connected to a mac it said some about not enough power is being supplied to the device.

I changed the cable and it worked fine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Kenno90 wrote: »
    I changed the cable and it worked fine

Yeah. All fixed now. My bin is one usb to micro usb cable heavier :P

Advertisement