Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starting a long-distance relationship.

• 15-06-2012 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Highking

Hypothetical question:

You have to study in a foreign country for a year as part of a university course, you have been in the best relationship of your life for the past 4 months and you are very much in love.

However she admits to having cheated on a man she had 9 month relationship with man whom she met on a hook-up/one night stand site.

Would you be able to overlook this?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Find out the name of the site, modify her hostfile so it will redirect to google.

Await the lulz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Depends on the circumstances. Though once a cheater, always liable to do it again. Should have broken up with him/her if he/she cared to go off with someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Is this question really Hypothetical....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I suspect it's not!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I find it hard enough to maintain non long distance ones, so I'd prob call it off.
    Unless she was really hot, how hot is she OP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

no, i'd tell her we should end the relationship now as im an awfully judgemental gobshíte and she should get away now while she still can.

hypothetically speaking of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Highking wrote: »

However she admits to having cheated on a man she had 9 month relationship with man whom she met on a hook-up/one night stand site.

I can't fuckin' read it, never mind overlook it.

seems more of a question about a cheater than a LDR

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Speaking from experience long-term long-distance relationships are a terrible terrible terrible idea. Just fucking awful. Dont do it.
    Tell her how you feel about her, say you'll stay in touch and see what happens when you get back, but dont chain yourselves to each other, just breeds awkwardness and eventually resentment and distrust.
    Also, im not belittling you're relationship, but every relationship is the best one ever four months in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

4 months ~ in love.

wat?

After four months you're still not ready to hear her fart let alone be in love. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Highking

Sykk wrote: »
    Depends on the circumstances. Though once a cheater, always liable to do it again. Should have broken up with him/her if he/she cared to go off with someone else.

He basically made her leave his house at 8am even though he had a day off just to play XBOX and texted her that day to say things weren't working and they were on a break.

She considers it cheating anyway, even though they were supposedly in an open relationship.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Personally i couldnt go into a relationship with someone who can casually tell me stuff like that its almost like they are testing you..By being with them after they tell you that and being okay with it,sends its own message,i was in a ''relationship'' that was bullshit,and i didnt realise after something he would say or do by me staying with him i was validating certain behaviour..But if you are comfortable with it and think she wont do it again..Who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Highking wrote: »
    Hypothetical question:

You have to study in a foreign country for a year as part of a university course, you have been in the best relationship of your life for the past 4 months and you are very much in love.

Am I in AH ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Highking

Personally i couldnt go into a relationship with someone who can casually tell me stuff like that its almost like they are testing you..By being with them after they tell you that and being okay with it,sends its own message,i was in a ''relationship'' that was bullshit,and i didnt realise after something he would say or do by me staying with him i was validating certain behaviour..But if you are comfortable with it and think she wont do it again..Who knows

We're both comfortable telling each other anything, she knows that I have my doubts as we're very good at communicating with each other. We've known from the start that if I passed my exams I would be going away, we didn't want to keep secrets.

I just wanted an outsiders perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

kfallon wrote: »
    I suspect it's not!!!

You know I think you might be right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Wouldn't you have the same trust issues even if it wasn't long distance? You either trust her or you don't, and even if you're living in the same country you can't watch her all the time to know what she is up to.

I'm in a long distance relationship, but I have always trusted him completely. Even when we were in the same country we weren't together all the time. Distance and trust are two seperate issues really.

People say about long distance relationships, oh I'd have to really trust them to do that. Shouldn't you really trust them to be in any kind of relationship?

Wouldn't you have the same trust issues even if it wasn't long distance? You either trust her or you don't, and even if you're living in the same country you can't watch her all the time to know what she is up to.

I'm in a long distance relationship, but I have always trusted him completely. Even when we were in the same country we weren't together all the time. Distance and trust are two seperate issues really.

People say about long distance relationships, oh I'd have to really trust them to do that. Shouldn't you really trust them to be in any kind of relationship?

Did you put the bin out this morning ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Domo230 wrote: »
    I don't do long distance relationships, they don't work.
    I beg to differ! My girlfriend is moving over from Germany in 7 weeks. We done the long distance shizzle for a year. I have Ryanair to thank for their cheap flights.

It was a great experience. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. I've made a load of exciting trips over to Germany and she comes here. Always something to look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

No...disloyalty will not be tolerated & must be punished :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

I tried it 3 times (almost 4)...DON'T DO IT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

kfallon wrote: »
    I suspect it's not!!!

Be honest OP....this is really about 'your friend'.
    Right ?

JJ wrote: »
    I tried it 3 times (almost 4)...DON'T DO IT!

At the same time ? you could receive high AH l status ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

you cheated on mario though :P

see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Youve all scared the OP away. Meanies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement