Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A sleeping giant

Options
  • 15-06-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Welcome sports fans !

After well deserved holiday I'm back reporting and giving my two cents on the league. Time to get some more discussion going on the movers and shakers of the BFL !

"A sleeping giant "

The New York Giants are top seed of the NFC 8-1 ! It has been overlooked for too long ! Last season the Giants finished with only 5 win's but was this down to the Drew Brees injury ? Alex smith seemed to be an adequate starter. New York tried to get value in a trade for Brees. It didnt happen, so he's come back and what a season he's having 1995 yards and 20 touchdowns and only 10 interceptions. A 66.3 % completion percentage and a QB rating of 116.1

Marcedes Lewis has the most receptions but not the most yards, so this team is not just built on tight end power.

Zack Lamothe is the star in the back field he has less than half of the carries that Mendenhall has but hes got nearly the same amount of rushing yards. He's an impact player when opposing defense's get tired. Add in the fact the with Drew Brees under center teams have to respect the pass.

The Giants have had a difficult run to there 8-1 . The only game that New York lost was the sim loss in week 1. Impressive wins against the Lions and Buccaneers with 38-21 and 34-7. Hard fought games against the Redskins and the Eagles have solidified the team's toughness in close games. Are the building to greatness ?

Sadly the Cowboys head coach has resigned due to personal reasons and the Eagles seem to have gone back ward this season after the off season. The division is the Giants.

Is the conference the Giants ? The Bears, Lions and the Buc's are the only teams that can over take him looking at the schedule. However the Giants have the tie breaker over the lions and the buc's.

Games left : Cowboys(CPU) Steelers(CPU) Seahawks ( Qkitten) Saints(CPU) Falcons (Clayton Bowl) Cowboys(CPU) Eagles ( Rizzo412)

The Seahawks seems like it will be a defensive struggle, the Eagles and the Giants have never beaten each other by more than one score. The Falcons will more than likely still be fighting for there division or a play off spot .

How will the NFC handle a new power house team in the Giants ? One things for sure you wanna be the two seed in this conference, if you have to play the Giants make it in the NFC Championship game in the Metalife stadium.

Until next time sports fans ! :cool:

Articles coming soon ......

"The Bewildering Bengals "

" Undefeated and flying high"

and

" Hard nosed in Seattle"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

So much for under the radar, thanks Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

How's that prediction of the Raiders going backwards this year working out for you Dave? I'm undefeated in games I've actually played in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

matthew8 wrote: »
    How's that prediction of the Raiders going backwards this year working out for you Dave? I'm undefeated in games I've actually played in.

Well you've had 6 CPU games so its not that impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Nice article Dave.

Pity about the Week 1 simming affecting the Giants' chance at perfection, who knows how that game would have gone against the 'Bewildering Bengals'?

Probably would have lost and then that would have set up a brutal season. I played The Lions after that draft incident and I think it was lucky for me, cause Raoul's head wasn't in the game.

That little screw up set me up for a good season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Well you've had 6 CPU games so its not that impressive.

Ouch!!! Harsh but fair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

ET is the person ive played most in league games, always great defense games. Everyone coming down to a field goal. Always a great chat even if he doesnt know who to support in the UFC :P not looking good for me to get through unless i go on a massive unbeaten run. But the NFC East reputation is in good hand going into the playiffs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Liana Angry Seam

empacher wrote: »
    ET is the person ive played most in league games, always great defense games. Everyone coming down to a field goal. Always a great chat even if he doesnt know who to support in the UFC :P not looking good for me to get through unless i go on a massive unbeaten run. But the NFC East reputation is in good hand going into the playiffs :D
    Ya NFC east is tough this year I'm only 2-2 in non CPU games and I would regard myself as quite handy woulda liked another bash off the giants and cowboys with larry fitz tho both should do well in the playoffs

empacher wrote: »

I feel like I died and your on RTE witH Dobbo saying "Ah sure wasn't he a lovely fella" :) If and it's a big if I am still "undefeated" our game on the last day of the season should be a cracker, maybe 10-7?
    Ya NFC east is tough this year I'm only 2-2 in non CPU games and I would regard myself as quite handy woulda liked another bash off the giants and cowboys with larry fitz tho both should do well in the playoffs

You shouldn't have run scared to the other side of the planet then should you:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Liana Angry Seam

Haha indeed I don't think I coulda gone much farther pity though the first game was very good

• Advertisement
Advertisement