Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3g network

Options
  • 15-06-2012 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

i signed up to an iphone 4s on billpay and paid an extra 5euro for an add on called Text all, this was advertised as unlimited texts to everywhere network and when ii bought the phone in carphone warehouse thats the impression i was given, cue a first bill of 180 euros.....

i went to 3 and they said its happened before and that i was miss sold a package and that carphone warehouse would have to deal with my issue, so i went to carphone warehouse explained to them that i had cancelled the direct debit but i wanted to sort it and i wasnt out to get a free phone or screw anyone over, they said they would email 3 and get in touch with me

i have since heard noting and out of principle im not going to pay a bill that high, i wouldnt have signed up for the phone if i knew that text all was only 150 texts.. so i think im left with changing my number and sending them back the phone and letting them block it.. i dont feel i should have to chase them to sort it. i explained to them i was willing to compromise over it and id prob be happy to pay half or a fair amount...

anyone else had this problem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Sounds like false advertising to be honest, selling a text add-on and calling it text ALL when it only allows for 150 texts is misleading but on the other hand did you not read the information that is freely available on their website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lorrha14

no i was a bit naieve now when it came to it and the shop led me to believe it was a text all, basically i just want to give them the phone back at this stage cause they didnt bother getting back in touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Exact same thing happened to my ex. Last year she bought a samsung g2 in carfone warehouse on the 3 network . I was with her and the plan she took was 40euro pm and unlimited free any network texts.

Turned out it was only 150 free texts and her first bill was huge.

3 said it was a cw issue, cw said it was a 3 issue. Her contract actually says "unlimited free text, any network"

It took a complaint to comreg to get it sorted, cw ended up refunding her the excess amount on the bill for any texts she was billed for.

If cw wont help or deny any blame get onto comreg (think she was referred to the cpa? also )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lorrha14

great, i think ill just let them cut me off go with vodaphone or 02 and start fresh with a new number, give them back the phone

the customer support is ****

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The problem is not, but instead Carphone Warehouse. That's where you need to follow up.

You will also need to get the contract properly cancelled, otherwise you will be liable for the monthly amount for the remaining period in the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

dudara wrote: »
    The problem is not, but instead Carphone Warehouse. That's where you need to follow up.

You will also need to get the contract properly cancelled, otherwise you will be liable for the monthly amount for the remaining period in the contract.

Exactly, my ex, in her situation, was still liable for a total on the bill but cw were told to cough up as they were at fault .

Advertisement