Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3 Starter edition

Options
  • 15-06-2012 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hey,
    I heard that the diablo 3 starter edition, ie. the demo. Was going to be release to the public on the 14th of June does anyone know how to go about downloading it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

Hey,
    I heard that the diablo 3 starter edition, ie. the demo. Was going to be release to the public on the 14th of June does anyone know how to go about downloading it?

Thanks

I've also been wondering that. As far as I can tell, it was supposed to be released yesterday - or maybe today. But there hasn't been any recent announcement about it, and so no one is sure.

I've been a big fan of Blizzard games in the past, but the feedback on Diablo 3 has been quite mixed.

I'm not rich enough to justify paying E60 for the on-line purchase, without playing a demo first, to see what its like. Could buy from amazon or somewhere, where its a little cheaper; but it seems so warped to have a box and disk being shipped around the place, to allow *cheaper* purchase of a digital item.

I guess that the free Starter Edition demo is just not a priority for Blizzard at the moment given they are still trying to get the RMAC working properly - but it'd be nice to get an updated ETA...

If anyone has a free guest pass they want to PM me, that'd be great :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭conorhickey

Yeh its ridiculous that it is more expensive to buy a digital copy compared to a disk with a digital copy :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah if anyone has a guest pass i wouldn't mind having a shot at this as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Think I got 2 passes knocking round somewhere if any of ya want em. Not like they are gonna be any use once the Starter edt arrives. Just drop a PM.

I'm still looking for one, if there's one going.

Its funny to see people signing up, on the forums, looking for a guest pass - I wonder what the story with that is? Can they be used to farm gold, or something like that, thats making them valuable?

• Advertisement

Could be, got a ton of 1, 2 or 0 post people asking for em. Just no guys *smacks heads with rolled up newspaper*.....NO...BAD!!!

Anyways conorhickey and madrab were the first 2 who PM'd me so I sent them what I had, sorry fergalr :(

No worries! Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Thanks Gunmonkey, you're a gent

Thanks downloading now, such a big file such slow download speed :(

Received one from another kind boardsie! Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

GitWardy wrote: »
    Mod Edit: Removed.
    killygang wrote: »
    Mod Edit: Removed.

Piss off lurkers. Why should you get anything for free if you've made no contribution to the forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New rule. You must have at least 20 (worthwhile) posts on this site before you can request a guest pass on this thread.

2 earlier posters (whose only posts were on this thread) just closed their accounts when they didn't get what they wanted. Those kinds of people are not welcome here.

This is a community, and we welcome new members people with open arms, but if you're only here to leech, then don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Anyone know what the story is with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I meant with the starter edition E. Can I download it and try it now?

edit: appears it is. Thanks.

edit: appears not. :(

If they arnt releasing the starter edition to the public i will be buying a copy soon so yous can have my guest pass then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I wouldn't mind giving it a go if anyone has a spare pass, I'll be sure to give you all my gold/items before the trial ends :)

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind giving it a go if anyone has a spare pass, I'll be sure to give you all my gold/items before the trial ends :)

Far as I can tell the trial doesnt "run out", your just restricted to a max lvl of 13 and can only progress up to a certain point in Act 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Still looking for a Guest Pass too, if any wants to send one my way.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I would also like to give this game a go if anyone has a spare pass, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Gimme money plox
    But seriously i would like to try diablo out if you have a spare key

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

From Wiki:
    The Starter Edition was originally planned to become available to all users after 30 days (on June 14, 2012), however it was delayed indefinitely for unknown reasons.

It suits Blizzard to have it limited to Guest Passes, sorry I gave my two away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Hey, I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a gust pass.

Advertisement