Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Connection Problems...

Options
  • 15-06-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys I have an Issue with my xbox connections......:mad:

I have just moved to Eircom and have been sent out a Zyxel router:eek:.

Now the issue I am having is the bloddy thing won't assign my xbox an Ip address either thru ethernet or wireless. I have tried setting up static address for the system but still no joy. I have set the firewall to low and even turned off the firewall but still I do not get an ip address. My laptop can get an address no problem, just my Xbox.

When I test the connection, my xbox is unable to connect to the Router. ( I have tested the network cable and this is working fine. Laptop got an ip address using it.)

It all worked fine when I was using Imagine.

HELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP....

Its driving me batty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

We moved house and Eircom sent out a Zyxel, Its still sitting in the box, I just used the old router from the old house.... (Netopia or Motorola or something)

I could never, and I mean never get that Zyxel yoke working correctly for Xbox live, I am fairly tech savvy aswell and have no problem messing with ports or things like that, no matter what I did, it would disconnect after an hour or so online, reading a few threads here and lots of similar issues, I think in the end I stopped the disconnects, but couldnt get correct NAT settings no matter what I did to the Xbox and PS3....

So, long story short, I gave up and used the old router, and not one bit of bother since!

If you rang Eircom and told em you didnt want that router they should replace it for you... (they are well aware of the Xbox situation with that router!)

Advertisement