Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muscle gian

Options
  • 15-06-2012 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Lads im fit and that, just want to gain some muscle for few military course im doing, what ye recommend shakes wise? oh it must contain no band ****.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Shakes wise, I'd recommend lots of food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

food doesn't work im like a race horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

If food's not working, you're not eating enough of it. Throw in some protein shakes, sure, but mostly just get the food in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

now iv never been in the fca, but as far as iv read muscley guys fall down a lot on military selection courses, their to heavy when it comes to dragging themselves around 12/18/24hr marches day after day. also lots of the strenght tests are b.w based like chins,pullups,pressups etc.
    special forces also favour "regular looking" body types as 125kg muscle bound white dudes find it hard to not stand out in burka's in alajahamadabi when doing covert shifty eye stuff.

get stamina dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

food doesn't work im like a race horse.

I'm almost certain horses eat food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭SorGan

Shakes wise, I'd recommend lots of food.

above, yep.

as important is what your doing in the gym.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

GASMANN wrote: »
    now iv never been in the fca, but as far as iv read muscley guys fall down a lot on military selection courses, their to heavy when it comes to dragging themselves around 12/18/24hr marches day after day. also lots of the strenght tests are b.w based like chins,pullups,pressups etc.
    special forces also favour "regular looking" body types as 125kg muscle bound white dudes find it hard to not stand out in burka's in alajahamadabi when doing covert shifty eye stuff.

get stamina dude.

op watch you don't accidentally become 20stone of muscle

:eek:

Gym work is usual army pt, push ups chin ups, sit up, some weights biking and distance with a pack.
    Also I swim and play football.
    I eat right, lots of meat too.
    well as regards blending in, im not doing a special forces selection, but if u left me in with arabs id surely stick out...haha:rolleyes::rolleyes: and im not looking to be massive just bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭SorGan

Gym work is usual army pt, push ups chin ups, sit up, some weights biking and distance with a pack.
    well as regards blending in, im not doing a special forces selection, but if u left me in with arabs id surely stick out...haha:rolleyes::rolleyes: and im not looking to be massive just bigger.

bench, squat, rows and chin ups and your sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

would you not just do loads of that ^^^^^^^ ,get brilliant at it and plss through your selection and worry about the asthetics after that.

• Advertisement

GASMANN wrote: »
    would you not just do loads of that ^^^^^^^ ,get brilliant at it and plss through your selection and worry about the asthetics after that.

i know what your saying but theres only so much that can be done in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

ye can do 5 sets of push ups in a about 10 minutes
    you could run 5k in 20 minutes or less
    thats not that much time.

you could also change the volume or intensity of your current training regime

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

As said man lots of food, keep track of your calories too you'll need to be in a surplus to gain Muscle/weight.

The fact that your doing a lot of cardio might make the task a bit harder but it still can be achieved, it's just means youll have to make up for all the calories you burned running around the place by eating even more.

Supplement a weight gainer to your diet, there convinent and handy to have while looking to put on weight. Also if your any sort of an ecto-morph a weight gainer is a near essential, trust me and especially being as active as you said you are.

Advertisement