Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Park Par 3 Tullow

Options
  • 15-06-2012 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if this par 3 is still in operation? seems to be closed everytime I drive past, and if it is open, are there any societies playing there? Thanks for any info on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

How do you mean it looks closed? Are the gates closed over or is it just the appearance of the place ie not many people.

As far as I know it is still open even though its been a while since I was there. When its not that busy around, sometimes the owners are not in the reception place. But I think there is a sign in the windon or on the door with a number which they ask you to call. As they live beside the course they are down in a few minutes to sort you out.

Now that you remind me of it, I might go out there for a round next weekend if the weather is any decent!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Cheers Bobby, I'll look into it a bit more closely next time I'm passing. Might even see you there some weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

whats the course like, I've always been thinking of popping in for a game someday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

kwalshe wrote: »
    whats the course like, I've always been thinking of popping in for a game someday
    I've no idea what it's like and I haven't swung a club in a good while but if you want to meet up for a hack around, PM me, and that goes for Bobby1984 as well, we might even get a regular 3 ball going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

I've always wanted to check it out. We had spanish students staying with us last week and they did golf as an activity and their classes are on in the Tennis Club and my lad said they walked to the place so I presume it is this spot.
    I must check it out. Played the one in Quinagh a couple of times last year and its a great spot for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Where is this course? The 9 hole beside Toughers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I've always wanted to check it out. We had spanish students staying with us last week and they did golf as an activity and their classes are on in the Tennis Club and my lad said they walked to the place so I presume it is this spot.
    I must check it out. Played the one in Quinagh a couple of times last year and its a great spot for €10.
    iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Where is this course? The 9 hole beside Toughers?

The Par 3 in Quinagh is about 1 or 2 km down past the back of Carlow IT so it's the opposite side of the town to Toghers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Patww79 wrote: »

I think that satellite photo might be old. I'd bet a tenner that the Park just outside Tullow is closed as I haven't heard anybody talking about it for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭rule supreme

It's been closed a few years .Just farmland now .

Advertisement