Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cull cows

• 15-06-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Anyone know best factories for cull cows and a three year old Bull? Sent ones to Kildare chilling but wondering is there any place better at moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

would ya chance the mart for the culls? mad prices at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Got 1.27 lb last week

Cows averaged over 1250

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Angus4life

did anybody kill 3 year old bulls lately i have a black one about 650kg miseed getting squeezed. or what wud i expect to get for him or would i be better go to mart.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

for bulls over 24 months only sell in the marts, or privately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

we killed a couple about 3 weeks ago in Ashbourne Roscrea , I think prices have toughened since, They averaged about €1340 net. .. £1.32 per lb.

one was PB MO the other MOX

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

Ballybay on a Saturday, best hole in the country to get rid of culls. Dont know what it is about the place. would never dream of buying out of it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭DMAXMAN

the journal publishes factory prices every week for cull cows as well as bullocks and heifers.donegal best this week. also you should be able to get a good price for the bull, manufacturing beef is still in big demand but needs to be well fleshed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭red bull

If you are in the west Tuam Mart is the place to sell cull cows I saw prices up to 2000€ paid in the last weeks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

snowman707 wrote: »
    we killed a couple about 3 weeks ago in Ashbourne Roscrea , I think prices have toughened since, They averaged about €1340 net. .. £1.32 per lb.

one was PB MO the other MOX

Yeah back a bit ok, 1.28 for O grades, had one R at 1.39, got just under 1500e for a 14 year old cow. Killed off grass. Av 1225 e.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

Where does cull cow meat end up; I preume all in the mincer?
    I can't see a 14 year old steak being too tasty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Unless you're French..:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I reckon a lot of them will end up on a bbq in England, it looks like they are through to the next round:D

Heavier cowsn tend to go to France.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

I had a bit of sirloin today for lunch and i reckon it could have been from the 14yr old cow, my poor teeth aren't well after it:D

Advertisement