Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What could I cook that takes minimum time and effort?

Options
  • 15-06-2012 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

I am not going to have much time to cook later so I need ideas on what I can cook with minimum time and effort! Bearing in mind I am 8 months pregnant so getting a takeaway is not sufficient (I need my vitamins etc!). Thanks!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

Beans on Toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Mech1 wrote: »
    Beans on Toast.

Easier...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

On a lazy day I'd throw in pieces of a whole chicken in the oven after having smothered with soy and garlic, take a shower, dress up, cook a pot of rice and voila. Dinner ready within 1.5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Coming up to when Mrs Billy was due I made lots of portions of stew, bolognese, curry, etc & put them in the freezer in portions big enough for 2 people. All we needed to do was defrost & reheat, then boil spuds/pasta/rice.

Go easy on onions, garlic & spices in case of breastfeeding as this may affect the feed. Have a look in the Parenting forum as the good folk over there may be able to give you good practical advice on this topic also.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Thanks everyone! Appreciate all the tips/advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

Well?
    Was it beans on toast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

portions big enough for 2 people.

Were you not eating? :D

Advertisement