Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park

Options
  • 15-06-2012 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi Guys,

Im going to Florence and the machine on July 8th and want to stay over night, The Aishling hotel is closeby but is €200 a night and not really worth it seeming that i wont be in the hotel for too long. Can somebody recommend a hotel thats less expensive and kinda closeby or I cud maybe get a bus or taxi out to Phoenix Park please??????? :):):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

The Maldron Hotel Smithfield is 3.2KM from Phoenix Park.

Hurry though, rooms will sell out quickly for that date.

They charge €134 for the 8th July or if you prepay you get a 10% discount and they only charge you €125.

http://maldronhotelsmithfield.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

the 46a goes from parnell st to the phoenix park all day

stay in Barry's hotel and get a free ride from some old bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Travel Lodge on the Navan Road or the Crown Plaza in blanchardstown would be fairly close.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

The Hilton in Kilmainham would be a possible. About a 10 minute walk to the Park from there though I don't know how far it would be from the concert site.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the best western at Jervis Street is 67e a night and it is right beside the Luas which brings you to the Phoenix Park

here is the link great website

http://lowestrates.cheaphotels.ie/hotel/searchresults/?page=0&cid=336478

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Clarion IFSC is 110 for the night

Lovely hotel
    Right beside the Luas and you can get that to Heuston and walk into the park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

phoenix park is very close to town, dont be too preoccupied by getting one close to the venue. get a decent price one thats close to town

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Have a look on the LIDL breaks website they have hotel offers which are usually pretty good. There are also a number of small hotels or b&bs on north circular road which would be fairly handy.

As others have said you don't need to worry too much about staying nearby the gig will be over relatively early so you will still be able to make your way back to where you're staying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

the gate hotel.. its about a few yards walk from the ashling hotel along by the riverside into town..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

I am heading to the same concert and i am staying in temple bar for €35 per person its only a close taxi ride away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

carly_86 wrote: »
    I am heading to the same concert and i am staying in temple bar for €35 per person its only a close taxi ride away

Just walk after the gig. Taxis will be mobbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

stovelid wrote: »

Just walk after the gig. Taxis will be mobbed.

Its about a ten min walk ain't it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Its about a ten min walk ain't it

20 maybe but better than waiting for taxis with thousands of others.

Advertisement